Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Moving photos from camera roll to photo stream

Moving photos from camera roll to photo stream
j.4knee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2011, 01:23 PM

Does anyone know how to move photos from the Camera roll album to Photo Stream on an iPhone 4S? I cannot seem to get this done, I do not see an option to do so. These were photos taken shortly before I set up iCloud. Any ideas?

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2011, 06:51 PM

They move automatically to the Photo Stream when the phone is connected to wifi. Of course, make sure your iCloud account is set up on the phone and Photo Stream is turned on in iCloud settings.

j.4knee  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2011, 08:43 PM

Unfortunately that is not happening. If I take a new photo it work but i have about 15 shots I took before I set up iCloud. For new photos it works as advertised.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2011, 09:39 PM

Then you sync those to your Mac, open iPhoto, and drag the picture you want over to your Photo Stream. In fact, you can put any pictures into your Photo Stream this way.

Katie Plonk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2012, 07:25 AM

I have an iPad and new iPhone. I set up both with iCloud "on... " most of my photos from my photostream on my iPad downloaded to my iPhone. However, photos I took on my iPhone yesterday stayed in my camera roll and I can not figure out how to move them over to photostream, even following all the comments posted on this page - nothing worked and I don't have a Mac.. So I still can't get them to my iPad ... I must have somethig set wrong...? thx, K
Katie

letahowards
Banned
Nov 1, 2012, 08:55 PM

Only photos taken on your phone after turning on Photo Stream are uploaded. It will not transfer photos that were in Camera Roll before turning it on. If you want full resolution pictures to be available for your old photos, import them to your computer and put them in your upload folder (assuming your computer has iCloud an Photo Stream enabled). Also, Photo Stream isn't a backup service; photos are only kept there for 30 days allowing your enough time to download them to your other devices.

Forum Links
Forum Rules