Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > error type 7?

error type 7?
jay999
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 14, 2000, 01:14 PM

Hello I turn on my computer it registers the extensions and then the finder screen tries to turn on. As soon as this happens I get the type 7 error and I have to restart. I cannot boot from norton cd either. I can start without extensions. When I start without extensions my screen resolution is 630 X 820 but when i start with extensions or with cd screen turns to 1024 X 768 and then I get the error maybe that has something to do with it. please help! thanks

Don Foy
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 15, 2000, 12:17 AM

I would try trashing a few preference files, such as the Finder Preferences, Monitor Preferences (a folder in OS9, in other systems it might be Monitors and Sound prefs), Display Preferences, Mac OS Preferences.

Bear in mind that you will have to reset a bunch of stuff, but if it works, you'll be able to.

Hope this helps.

jay999  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 15, 2000, 09:25 PM

I re-installed the OS and it is working fine now, next time it happens I will try trashing the prefs.

Forum Links
Forum Rules