Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Keep at it with OS9

Keep at it with OS9
JBP
Nov 3, 1999, 01:53 AM

I installed 0S9 with much trepidation, especially after reading some early reports. My installation on my Rev D iMac was not without problems. Principally, updating incompatible software, was the biggest hang-up. Had to trash some preference files and the like, took a while to get the hang of some new features, but the funny thing is the more I use it the better and faster it runs! I can't really explain it but everything is running great now. So hang in there it will be worth it.

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 1999, 06:06 AM

This seems the case with an os upgrade. Some people have problems, and other don't. The thing to remeber is, dont install the new OS on day 1, wait a couple weeks and read things like this forum, macnn, and other mac related web sites, and then the problems that are found will be very obvious, so you know what to avoid. The success rate with installing an OS is pretty high, just the bad stuff gets reported. -See Yea!

Forum Links
Forum Rules