Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > Easy Pay at the Apple Store

Easy Pay at the Apple Store
subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 12, 2012, 07:01 PM

Just learned you can walk into an Apple store, scan an item with the Apple Store app, and walk out.

Awesome.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 13, 2012, 05:00 PM

Judging by the fact I walked past an Apple Store and had the urge to go in and buy shit for no reason, I declare the feature a success.

msuper69
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2012, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Judging by the fact I walked past an Apple Store and had the urge to go in and buy shit for no reason, I declare the feature a success.

Ain't it the truth.

Salty
Professional Poster
Jun 24, 2012, 05:54 PM

How do they make sure you're not shoplifting?

P
Jun 25, 2012, 05:07 AM

Spotchecks, probably. IKEA has the same thing here, and that's how they control it.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 25, 2012, 05:48 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they could make almost zero changes to their loss prevention procedures and still end up in the black from the savings in laying-off staff.

Also, anything with a serial number needs to be run past a hu-man.

DigitalEl
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2012, 01:01 PM

I spaced on the difference between Easy Pay and in-store pickup. I bought an iPhone accessory on the app and selected in-store pickup. When I arrived at the store (Arrowhead-Glendale, AZ), I grabbed my item while browsing other stuff and just walked out with it.

A few days later, a store rep called to ask if and when I'd be coming in for my item. They had no idea I'd already essentially shoplifted it... And how would they?

Of course, I immediately understood my mistake and confessed. We both had a laugh about it and now I completely get the difference between Easy Pay and in-store pickup. A dishonest person could've totally gone in and grabbed a second item or simply said they "changed their mind" and gotten their money back.

Apple's shrink rate is probably high.
Jalen's dad. Carrie's husband.  partisan. Bleu blanc et rouge.

LDB
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 1, 2012, 01:44 PM

I bought a case online and did store pickup. The case was in the back where I couldn't see it or get to it. They got the number from the email they sent me and looked at my ID to verify I was me. In a minute or so a guy brought it out to me in a bag with a label on it with my name on it. Couldn't have been smoother or easier.

This sounds equally easy but I'm not familiar with it which may be a good thing overall.

eyepon35
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 3, 2012, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by DigitalEl View Post
I spaced on the difference between Easy Pay and in-store pickup. I bought an iPhone accessory on the app and selected in-store pickup. When I arrived at the store (Arrowhead-Glendale, AZ), I grabbed my item while browsing other stuff and just walked out with it.

A few days later, a store rep called to ask if and when I'd be coming in for my item. They had no idea I'd already essentially shoplifted it... And how would they?

Of course, I immediately understood my mistake and confessed. We both had a laugh about it and now I completely get the difference between Easy Pay and in-store pickup. A dishonest person could've totally gone in and grabbed a second item or simply said they "changed their mind" and gotten their money back.

Apple's shrink rate is probably high.
That's good. The world certainly needs more honest people like you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules