Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > IQ test!

IQ test! (Page 2)
ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 15, 2003, 11:00 PM

a lowly 124

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2003, 01:43 AM

130. ooh, the chills.

dtriska
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2003, 02:32 AM

Your IQ score is 138.

...we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Facts Curator.

This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills � which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

thePurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2003, 02:38 AM

Your IQ score is 131

This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

aktive
Aug 16, 2003, 02:06 PM

Your IQ score is 135

This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills � which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

BILL GATES!!!!! BILL GATES!!!!

I want a recount
"...because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do."

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2003, 03:10 PM

Isaac Asimov, a man famous for having an insanely high IQ, wrote a very good essay on the subject in the 1970's ("Thinking About Thinking", IIRC). The gist of it was this: IQ tests cannot measure intelligence (whatever that is). They can only measure how much you think like the person who wrote the test. For instance, what if the test taker sees a different pattern than the person who wrote the test had in mind? Especially because this test was multiple choice, the taker cannot explain the reasoning behind the answer chosen. If anything the ability to defend one's answer is far more critical than getting the right answer.

So I give this test a meh. I got a 136 VP, so it isn't sour grapes. I also think that creativity is rather critical and nearly impossible to test (especially with multiple choice where all possible answers are handed to you).

So, yeah, I have my own mental model of what comprises actual intelligence, but I'm not sure how measurable the hypothesis will be for the near future, so it's rather meh-worthy, too, for now.

BlackGriffen

Misanthrope
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2003, 04:22 PM

Some dude said I was THIIIIS smart:

IQ: 120

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is an Inventive Inquisitor.

You have the unusual distinction of being equally good at math and verbal skills. This means you are a creative thinker and are uniquely good at teaching others through experiences. You are also a great improviser and very good at handling change.
Awesome.

(I took this same test when I was much younger and got like 145-155, but I'm guessing massive amounts of caffiene, booze, Paxil, and other such madness has just turned me into a babbling lunatic who makes sense.)

edit: Did anyone pay the $13 for the full report? I'm really curious about it...

Fawad
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 16, 2003, 11:33 PM

Congratulations, Fawad!
Your IQ score is 146

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician.

This means you are gifted at spotting patterns � both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction � especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

-----

I have however, scored 153 and 155 on standardised IQ tests (with time limits) With the 153 test being done under the supervision of Mensa of whom I became a member (and subsequently left realising they're a bunch of sad people who have these great ideas but hardly implement them. (PS, Im talking about my country's national organisation, not any other)

As for the $13 scam.. Spend $15, do a Mensa test, way more feedback, etc. This is more like 'horoscopes' or something else.

All a bit of fun I say
And no Im not mad cos I scored under the 150 barrier

wolfen
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2003, 11:00 AM

Congrats on your RL score, Fawad. You are dead-on in your description of Mensa. Buncha misfits reinforcing how intelligent they are.

The IQ construct is yet more evidence that "It's not what you got, it's what you do with it."

The most creative and constructive people don't do well on IQ tests because they're always seeing what could be instead of what they're expected to see. It is the military and institutional education (champions of linear pragmatism) that have made the IQ test the thing it is.

My .o2

wolfen
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

Paco500
Professional Poster
Aug 17, 2003, 10:15 PM

Congratulations, Paco!

Your IQ score is 131

...your Intellectual Type is an Insightful Linguist.

This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.
Hmmm, Thought I was smarter. Good thing I'm so damn pretty.

Forum Links
Forum Rules