Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iTablet video: most think it's fake, but a good one!

iTablet video: most think it's fake, but a good one!
kman42
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2009, 06:30 PM

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=4657

Most people tend to think it is fake because the screen ripples like an LCD when he touches it. I only see ripples when he touches the dock, even though he obviously hits the screen pretty hard in other places so it may just be a dock effect.

If it is fake, he went to a lot of trouble to make things fly around the screen.

It appears to run iPhone apps as widgets. I'd bet it would be able to run its own apps as well. OSX apps? Not sure how you could get most osx apps running with multitouch anyway, so doubtful.

Enjoy!

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2009, 06:55 PM

Is this the iWalk 2?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 12, 2009, 09:55 PM

Fakearooni. Not even a good one. Interesting that all those pictures were obviously iPhone screenshots.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

kman42  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2009, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Fakearooni. Not even a good one. Interesting that all those pictures were obviously iPhone screenshots.
You didn't appreciate the accelerated flick across the screen? I thought that took some quality effort.

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 13, 2009, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by kman42 View Post
You didn't appreciate the accelerated flick across the screen? I thought that took some quality effort.
Their extra effort on the flicks was mitigated by the fact that you never even saw much of the guy's hand. That made it VERY hard to believe anything I was seeing. A "good" fake should look real from more than two inches away from the screen. Yeah, I'm kinda jaded that way.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Professional Poster
Aug 13, 2009, 09:04 PM

That wasn't even an accelerated flick, what are you talking about? It was a keynote presentation essentially with a whole bunch of motion paths.

Forum Links
Forum Rules