Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > No credit for successful WU's

No credit for successful WU's
jledwards2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 24, 2004, 04:24 PM

I have WU's successfully uploaded and registered with no pending, claimed, or actual credit granted for predictor. My Mac is the only computer not registering credits. I also seem to be getting a lot of errors such as "unrecoverable error for result... (process got signal 11). The results page show 0 processor time for successful results. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

I am running OS 10.2.8, BOINC 3.20, PPCG3/333 beige minitower.
2 results from predictor show:

280902 92319 23 Aug 2004 10:41:29 UTC 23 Aug 2004 10:44:53 UTC Over Client error Computing 0 0.00 -!-

280870 92308 23 Aug 2004 10:41:29 UTC 24 Aug 2004 6:10:13 UTC Over Success Done 0 0.00 0.00

Results show "invalid"

Thanks,
Jim
( Last edited by jledwards2; Aug 24, 2004 at 05:34 PM. )

Shaktai
Mac Elite
Aug 24, 2004, 08:40 PM

The Jaguar client is unpredictable. Seems like it might work for some people but not for others. On the results the first one is just a work unit error. I have had several of those as well. Mostly t0275 or t0277 proteins. Problem is the grid space. Some proteins seem to "overrun it" sometimes, causing errors.

The second one with the zero time and zero credit rewarded though is just the classic Jaguar issue that some users see. Don't know why it happens. BOINC has problems with Jaguar (10.2.x) for some folks, but mikkyo's Jaguar compile seems to work for a few as well. Don't know why the differences. Give it one more try, but if you get another one showing zero credits and zero time, then you probably have two options. Upgrade to Panther or move that box to a non-BOINC project like Folding@home.

At least until BOINC Dev can solve the core problem, whatever it is.

jledwards2  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 24, 2004, 08:43 PM

thank you for the response. I deleted everything and redownloaded and installed the client. I got a few process errors right off the bat but I am giving it another try.

Forum Links
Forum Rules