Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Money can buy your freedom :(

Money can buy your freedom :(
stevesnj
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 05:23 PM

Once again LOTS of money and a famous face buys your freedom....OJ, Robert Blake, Michael Jackson...blah blah blah...oh well

Think he will have kids at the aquital party?
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2005, 05:27 PM

Shut up.

Start a thread when you have your JD and know what the hell you are talking about.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

tikki
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 05:28 PM

Someone owes me $20.

brapper
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2005, 05:31 PM

the case against him was garbage. Just 'cause he's a weirdo it doesn't mean he broke the law.
Personally, I'd like to have a few words with the parents.

stevesnj  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
Shut up.

Start a thread when you have your JD and know what the hell you are talking about.
LOL...relax and face reality...if it were one of us we would be in jail...WAKE UP!! ... and you call yourself Captain Obvious HA!

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2005, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by brapper
the case against him was garbage. Just 'cause he's a weirdo it doesn't mean he broke the law.
Social Services needs to take the kid. Guilty or not, letting your kid sleep over at Michael Jackson's house is criminally bad parenting.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2005, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by stevesnj
LOL...relax and face reality...if it were one of us we would be in jail...WAKE UP!!
If it were one of us there would have been no charges. None of us is rich and/or famous enough for gold-diggers to start persecuting us.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2005, 05:39 PM

"One of us" works for a prestigious law firm, knows the standard that had to be met for a guilty verdict, and only had to see a few minutes of the testimony by the accuser to see the criminal trial was going to go this way.

The other "one of us" is in Jersey and doesn't know what the hell he is talking about

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

gerbnl
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2005, 05:41 PM

...if it were one of us we would be in jail...
Possible truth, but it still wouldn't mean you'd be guilty...
These people are Americans. Don't expect anything meaningful or... uh... normalcy...

stevesnj  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2005, 06:02 PM

The defense even admitted Michael was giving alchohol to this kid...i see that as a 'standard' to being guilty of that offense. I unsderstand your a Lawyer and are defensive but thats your job. We seem to be on opposite sides of the fence...so be it. As long as we use Mac...it's all going to be okay.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 06:24 AM

My parents let me have alcohol when i was a kid (champagne, wine, rum, sherry, wine coolers, beer) occasionally, and on Christmas and Easter. Should they be taken to court for that ?

Mj is a disturbed individual...who to me, hasnt grown up. He's weird....but thats as far as my accusations go. If anything he should be in theraphy at the MOST ! And if he has any common sence, he'll stay away from socializing with other kids hence forth.

Having said that.... if i had kids, i wouldnt leave them with any escentric individual be themselves....and Mj is way beyond escentric to me.

Now for the jokes:
No black jurors, and Mickey was found innocent. does that mean he's finally crossed over to being a white person ?

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by lavar78
Social Services needs to take the kid. Guilty or not, letting your kid sleep over at Michael Jackson's house is criminally bad parenting.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Why aren't the PARENTS on trial here?!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 14, 2005, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a
Now for the jokes:
No black jurors, and Mickey was found innocent. does that mean he's finally crossed over to being a white person ?

-t

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 14, 2005, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by AssassyN
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Why aren't the PARENTS on trial here?!
If Michael is not guilty, what did they do wrong?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 14, 2005, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
Ahhhhh, a trick question !

-t

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
I'm not a parent, but letting your child sleep over an alleged child molester's house seems a little negligent. If they wanted him to hang out with Mike, why couldn't they supervise? Better safe than sorry, after all...

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

el chupacabra
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2005, 06:10 PM

I didn't know MJ had lots of money...isn't he something like 300,000 in debt? or was it 300 million?

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by el chupacabra
I didn't know MJ had lots of money...isn't he something like 300,000 in debt? or was it 300 million?

Nothing a few concerts, or album re-releases couldnt fix. Remember he's had massive legal fees yet no real time to be on tour or do much of anything, so i'd assume he would quickly be in debt.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jun 14, 2005, 07:04 PM

Europe will buy his crap up like there is no tomorrow... Jerry Lewis is a god there. Need I say more?

Also, David Hassle-hoff-insteader... is beyond a god in France too. My god they have no taste there. They should be nuked just for this reason alone.

Micheal Jackson will make a huge comeback over there for sure. He can move there and live with that one director. (Forgot his name)

tikki
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2005, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by lavar78
I'm not a parent, but letting your child sleep over an alleged child molester's house seems a little negligent. If they wanted him to hang out with Mike, why couldn't they supervise? Better safe than sorry, after all...
you, sir win a cookie.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jun 14, 2005, 07:35 PM

Why on earth would any parent let their children go visit a ROCK STAR? Duh. Just look at the guy. They were all thinking $$$ and that's it.
Too weird.

timmerk
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2005, 01:33 AM

obviously money can buy you freedom. money can buy you anything you want. really. ANYTHING. you just have to have enough of it!

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2005, 05:22 PM

Hi my name is stevesnj and I started this thread to make myself look like an idiot. I know nothing about the legal system and, as a matter of fact, I didn't even follow the trial.

But I do like to cling to cliche assumptions and make judgements about matters I don't really know about.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

stevesnj  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 15, 2005, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Miniryu
Hi my name is stevesnj and I started this thread to make myself look like an idiot. I know nothing about the legal system and, as a matter of fact, I didn't even follow the trial.

But I do like to cling to cliche assumptions and make judgements about matters I don't really know about.
LOL...I'm just expressing my opinion...I didn't say this is a fact...sorry you need to call people idiot to make yourself feel better. I assume and judge because I live in a country and joined a forum to express my opinion and I am free to judge. I was a juror in a murder case and judged someones fate. If you feel you myself and others cannot feel free to express our opinions where we please than you live in the wrong country and have joined the wrong forum.

icibaqu
Forum Regular
Jun 15, 2005, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by brapper
this needs to be quoted repeatedly so that people can begin to see the case for the setup that it was.

total garbage.

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2005, 08:36 PM

LOL...I'm just expressing my opinion...I didn't say this is a fact...sorry you need to call people idiot to make yourself feel better. I assume and judge because I live in a country and joined a forum to express my opinion and I am free to judge. I was a juror in a murder case and judged someones fate. If you feel you myself and others cannot feel free to express our opinions where we please than you live in the wrong country and have joined the wrong forum.
sorry, i didn't mean it as a slam or anything. i didn't call you an idiot (i was careful with my words to avoid that)- i just meant that you mae a "foot-in-mouth" comment. i've made so many of those that i don't think putting people down is enough to make me feel better about myselrf.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 16, 2005, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a
Now for the jokes:
We won't know until Chapelle hosts the next Racial Draft. It was a serious upset last year because White People drafted Colin Powell.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 17, 2005, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by olePigeon
We won't know until Chapelle hosts the next Racial Draft. It was a serious upset last year because White People drafted Colin Powell.

Forum Links
Forum Rules