Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Mini locks during restart

Mini locks during restart
macforray
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 18, 2007, 09:31 PM

This has happened a few times in the last few weeks. I installed the recent updates today (java, etc...), and when the "You must now restart" comes up I hit the "restart" button on the screen. The restart appears to start as the dock and top menu bar shut down leaving just my desktop. This is where it "hangs". The mouse pointer still moves but is not functional. I let it sit like this for five minutes or more and then just shut it off by holding the power button down for five seconds.

Any ideas?

Thanks
macforray

lostjamie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2007, 06:56 AM

Is there any heavy applications running that might be causing it? I know i have a few programs i have to close and finder wont close it for me, so if i try to restart when they're open it locks sometimes and the mouse is not functional, like you say. I dont know if this is the problem but it was just an idea of what could be causing it.

I used to have a mac mini and i recall something like this happening, now i think of it. I think it's just a software problem, not a hardware..

Forum Links
Forum Rules