Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anyone try AXE deodorant?

Anyone try AXE deodorant?
NormPhillips
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 16, 2003, 01:32 AM

Anyone try AXE deodorant?

Random question of the day...?

Misanthrope
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2003, 01:48 AM

I saw. I clicked. I laughed.

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Feb 16, 2003, 01:54 AM

( Last edited by daimoni; Jul 5, 2004 at 06:03 PM. )

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 16, 2003, 01:58 AM

No, but I love the elevator commercial. Anybody know what the music on that is?

awaspaas
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2003, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by zigzag:
No, but I love the elevator commercial. Anybody know what the music on that is?
The music on this commercial is a live recording created for the television commercial by Novaprod a music production company in Paris, France. The title is "L'Ascenceur". The music was composed by Thierry Fauchard and Alain Plumauzille and published by Nova Tempo.

iDriveX
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2003, 04:13 AM

I've tried it, in fact I own a bottle, but it's not much of a deoderant/anti-perspirant, it's more of an odor cover-up....It's got a strong musky smell to it which would cover up and smells but up close you still smell like B.O.

I work in a restaurant and am constantly running around and on the go. The best anti-perspirant that I have found is Old Spice Red Alert: High Endurance. I have used a lot of deoderants but after wearing that one and working a Friday night and then taking off my shirt at the end of the night I was STUNNED to find out that I was not only dry but still smelling good.

They talk about that "High Endurance Challenge" and stuff, and I thought to myself, if I was an A-Hole I'd make them buy me a stick of my old deoderant, but after such an amazing performance I would never wear anything else. In a world of crappy anti-perspirants all doing the same crappy job this one totally stands out.

Version 4.0 - Now Powered By iWeb

I Bent My Wookiee
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2003, 04:17 AM

I got a free sample of it and I use it on top of my normal deoderant as a nice smell add on. I would never use it on its own.

"Barwaraaawww"

dillerX
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2003, 04:19 AM

A nice smell add on?

I am not going to touch that one.
I tried to sig-spam the forums.
ADVANTAGE Motorsports Marketing, Inc. • speedXdesign, Inc.

docholiday
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 16, 2003, 04:22 AM

um.. guys (and gals).. i hate to be the one to break it to ya, but you guys are a bit late to the show.

see, axe was out in europe for years now and the elevator commercial has been out for that long too. in fact, i remember we did a parody of that commercial in grade 7.

Edit: As for the smell, it's great. I have been using the Phoenix one.

I Bent My Wookiee
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2003, 04:40 AM

Originally posted by docholiday:
um.. guys (and gals).. i hate to be the one to break it to ya, but you guys are a bit late to the show.

see, axe was out in europe for years now and the elevator commercial has been out for that long too. in fact, i remember we did a parody of that commercial in grade 7.

Edit: As for the smell, it's great. I have been using the Phoenix one.
Well la dee da. Europe is soooo ahead of us.

Great that you point out that you saw it in grade 7 when we don't know what grade you are in now

"Barwaraaawww"

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Feb 16, 2003, 05:07 AM

Why do I get the feeling that Norm is going to be going to a girls house in the near future

"Hello, what have we here?

mac-at-kearsarge
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2003, 12:07 PM

Between my roommate and I we have about 26 sample size bottles of the stuff. About 2 weeks ago, a huge box of them were brought to our dorm. As it is that our dorm has a male/female ratio of about 1 to 3 (with males being the minority) there was so much of it they made every guy take as much as they could (They still have some left over).

This was definitly part of a college promotion, as each one is in a plastic bag with an orange piece of paper inviting you to join the "AXE house party". On the otherside are short notes about the "AXE house party" from Nelly, Dj ZTRIP, and Andrew WK (Out of the three, I've only heard of Nelly, who are the other two?). On the inside is a URL ( http://www.axehouseparty.com ) with I haven't gone to yet (And probably never will).

On the plus side, I won't have to buy deoderant for quite sometime, however I'm thinking about filing a lawsuit for false advestising. since using it I haven't had a single girl hit on me, fallow me in an elevator, or get jealous when another girl talks to me!
iGeek

PB2K
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2003, 12:19 PM

I've wasted really decent designershirts with cheap deodorants. The way they keep you "dry" is with talc-powder. Which has the nasty habit of leaving yellow stains under your armpits. It took me a while till I realised it was the talcum(?) powder, and not my own sweat that devasted my shirts.
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 16, 2003, 12:59 PM

AXE also known as lady-be-gone...

Smells like ass. Don't know one girl (or person) who can tolerate it.

yukon
Mac Elite
Feb 16, 2003, 07:19 PM

lol, i feel like such a pansy with my Body Shop deodorant. it was bought on sale as a gift to me, I swear! ;-)

haven't smelled this stuff, probably the commercials were overcompensating. the commercial and it's revisions was funny though.
[img]broken link[/img]
This insanity brought to you by:
The French CBC, driving antenna users mad since 1937.

docholiday
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 23, 2003, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by I Bent My Wookiee:
Great that you point out that you saw it in grade 7 when we don't know what grade you are in now

That was 6 years ago.
Thanx for pointing that out

Misanthrope
Mac Elite
Feb 23, 2003, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by Landos Mustache:
Why do I get the feeling that Norm is going to be going to a girls house in the near future
Methinks we'll be hearing more about this on CNN.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 23, 2003, 10:38 PM

Right Gaurd sport works really well for me, I have "ADVENTURE" it's green... it's a stick... and it keeps me dry in the mosh pit... I end up stinking from other people's sweat though... I swear some people who don't know how to wear deoderant should not be allowed to be in a mosh pit! I was at this one show, small pit maybe 70ish people there, and there were like a few people, my theory is it's the teeny bopper girls who have no clue they stink or something but it's like oh man! Cause no one else is even hot by that point and it already reaks.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 23, 2003, 11:01 PM

from the concerts i have been to, i can say that nothing will keep you dry, i swear to god it was about 100+ in there. you could litterly feel the cold air come down and hit you but that was a rear accurance.

i am happy with Old Spice deoderant.

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

3gg3
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 24, 2003, 02:27 AM

Since AXE was sponsoring a draw for an iBook and an iPod (at London Drugs stores in Alberta and BC), I was thinking about buying some. But when I checked the price, I had a change of heart � $7 or $8 bucks, yikes!. Luckily, though, the entries were "No purchase required", so I've still got my fingers crossed that one of the 30 or so entries I put in will be pulled (I stuffed one every time I went in their computer dept. to see if they've finally got a 20" monitor on display � NSL to date) .

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Feb 24, 2003, 02:32 AM

2 of my favorite deoderants are speed stick (I can't remember the scent), and old spice anti persperant.

I like deoderants that smell lightly, but not ones that people can smell me when I walk into a room!
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

docholiday
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 24, 2003, 06:32 PM

Originally posted by 3gg3:
...so I've still got my fingers crossed that one of the 30 or so entries I put in will be pulled
haha, me is hoping too that i win.
i put in a whole stack of 'em.

libraryguy
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 24, 2003, 06:36 PM

I use it and like it a lot. I still use an antipersperent/deoerant bar...but spray the AXE on my chest and neck because I think it smells good...AND you put it on your bodies hot spots...so that when you heat up...it eminates. I still shower and I don't use it to cover up bad odors.

"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world." -George Washington Carver

tikki
Mac Elite
Feb 24, 2003, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by iDriveX:
I've tried it, in fact I own a bottle, but it's not much of a deoderant/anti-perspirant, it's more of an odor cover-up....It's got a strong musky smell to it which would cover up and smells but up close you still smell like B.O.

I work in a restaurant and am constantly running around and on the go. The best anti-perspirant that I have found is Old Spice Red Alert: High Endurance. I have used a lot of deoderants but after wearing that one and working a Friday night and then taking off my shirt at the end of the night I was STUNNED to find out that I was not only dry but still smelling good.

They talk about that "High Endurance Challenge" and stuff, and I thought to myself, if I was an A-Hole I'd make them buy me a stick of my old deoderant, but after such an amazing performance I would never wear anything else. In a world of crappy anti-perspirants all doing the same crappy job this one totally stands out.

I agree 100% with you. I tried Axe, and smelled like ass all day. Got me some of that Old Spice, and love it

my girlfriend thanked me.

work: maczealots blog: carpeaqua

Forum Links
Forum Rules