Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > New iChat 2.0 Details Emerge

New iChat 2.0 Details Emerge (Page 2)
Bluebomber21XX
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 2, 2003, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by goose:
My thoughts exactly. Been waiting for buddy groups support before I start using iChat.....
Yeah, I second this. Can they add this basic feature before they start adding in crapola I'll never use? (ala AIM)
The online resource for Rockman & Forte!
http://www.bluebomber.com/

yoyoman
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2003, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by Superchic[k]en:
I thought a WAN was a wireless area network?

Anyway video confferencing would be cool... I'd also like some sorta net2phone support or something... sadly I've never met a PC user that uses that though... I dono I guess it must be a sucky program or something... I'd like to be able to make real phone calls from my Mac though... although I must wonder what the quality of the calls would be.
WAN= WIDE AREA NETWORK

U n i o n 0015
Forum Regular
Apr 4, 2003, 05:38 PM

They need to work on the basics before implementing video conferencing and other (in my opinion) generally useless features.

Viewing other people's away messages is INCREDIBLY annoying in iChat and sometimes it doesn't display them at all. And, there's no support for putting in your own profile.

AIM sucks too, but Apple needs to at least catch up to the basics that AIM has.

libraryguy
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 4, 2003, 08:02 PM

Originally posted by ambush:
Well not really.

ThinkSecret is the most accurate out there, I'm pretty sure they have a big source INSIDE apple. Remember when they predicted .mac and no one would believe it? I do.

LoopRumours is accurate, yes, but it's a newcomer.
I dunno...I think macrumors.com does an excellent job. They predicted the 12" and 17" powerbooks...I know it was the day before they were introduced but they nailed that one none the less.

"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world." -George Washington Carver

Forum Links
Forum Rules