Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iMIS MS SQL and MS Access database on a Mac??

iMIS MS SQL and MS Access database on a Mac??
libraryguy
Dedicated MacNNer
May 19, 2003, 03:19 AM

I recently started new position as an assistant editor for non profit group that publishes scientific journals. We use all PC's in the entire organization but they're pretty laid back and would probably let me bring in a powerbook if could access the needed programs. We use iMIS MS SQL for invoicing and as a membership management database and Microsoft Access to track published manuscripts and page attributes and such. Can any of these be accessed using a mac?? Thanks in advanced for any help.

"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world." -George Washington Carver

MojoRising022
Dedicated MacNNer
May 19, 2003, 07:07 AM

nope

schuey100
Mac Enthusiast
May 19, 2003, 08:04 AM

You could use VPC for Access. Not sure about the others though.

PubGuy
Dedicated MacNNer
May 19, 2003, 09:17 AM

Absolutley!

You need to have Virtual PC (or better yet, the new RealPC for OSX scheduled for release around June 1).

I am a Microsoft Access developer (my day job) and all my programming is done in Microsoft Access in Virtual PC using Windows 2000.

My main system is a G4-400 desktop with 1G RAM. The VPC drive image is set to 256MB RAM size.

My portable is a TiBook G4-400 with 384M RAM with the VPC drive image set to 192MB RAM.

Been working this way for years (obviously from the machines I own).

No Prob-lem-o.

Forum Links
Forum Rules