Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > XP installation

XP installation
Markg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2006, 05:56 PM

I'm having problems on the setup menu. When it says to press "ENTER" to continue, my keyboard isnt working. I can't press enter, R for repair, or F3 to quit. The only thing I can do is turn the computer off and then when I turn it back on it starts up the installation process up again. I can not get the computer to start up OSX now. Anyone have this problem.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Apr 5, 2006, 05:57 PM

Take the CD out of the drive to get back to OSX.

Are you trying to use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse? You probably need USB for installation.

Markg  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2006, 06:02 PM

I cant take the cd out. It wont let me to eject. At first I tried the regular keyboard on the laptop. After I used my USB keyboard. The lights are on on my keyboard. I'm also using teh usb mouse. No bluetooth.

mvkats900
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2006, 06:07 PM

I'm having the same problem. I am just using the keyboard on my 2.0, nothing on the keyboard is working, i had to press the power button to restart.

Markg  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2006, 06:16 PM

mvkats900 - are you able to take your cd out or not?

Markg  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 5, 2006, 06:26 PM

I'v fixed my problem. I got around it by pressing F6 at the beginning for RAID and pressed enter to continue and it worked somehow? In other words, I dont know what I did.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Apr 5, 2006, 07:20 PM

C'mon, folks, use existing current threads!

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules