Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Movie Recommendation: The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness

Movie Recommendation: The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 29, 2016, 11:51 PM

You don't need to be a fan of animation, Studio Ghibli or even Hayao Miyazaki to appreciate this documentary/film. If you are artistically inclined and curious about the creative process, you will probably like it a lot. (And the soundtrack is great too)

I was awe struck at the intimate nature of this film. I don't want to give too much away, but it was fascinating seeing Miyazaki rambling on, sharing this thoughts, contradicting himself and wrestling with his demons; the man himself.

EDIT>> For those of you who don't know. Studio Ghibli is a Japanese animation studio know for it's hand-drawn animation, and Miyazaki is an Academy Award Winning director at Studio Ghibli. This documentary was made over the course of a year while Miyazaki was directing his final film at the studio before retiring.

Enjoy!
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Mar 31, 2016 at 11:04 AM. )

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 30, 2016, 10:21 AM

I'm looking forward to this. Love his work.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Hawkeye_a  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2016, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
I'm looking forward to this. Love his work.
Having watched this movie, I wish a documentary like this had been made about Jobs at Apple, instead of all the BS we've seen over the past few years.

Forum Links
Forum Rules