Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Well, it's about time i got back in the icon game

Well, it's about time i got back in the icon game
MMICONS
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2004, 08:09 PM

but...I see that there are a lot of new good icon designers around now...cool!

Ps..This is not a preview of "the new stuff"...but just a little photoshop fun
( Last edited by MMICONS; Aug 31, 2004 at 08:31 PM. )

ender2002
Senior User
Aug 31, 2004, 08:22 PM

awesome. how was the sneaker business?

MMICONS  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 31, 2004, 08:26 PM

hehe..I saw that there been a lot of talk about the " Sneaker link" ..well it's not my shop, I was just a little "link help" for one of my friend's..

Lord Sith
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 31, 2004, 08:27 PM

Super. It is so nice to see you back in the game.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2004, 08:47 PM

Cool

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2004, 08:50 PM

I hope you post here more often. BTW, what resolution do you make your "base" icon in?

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2004, 09:20 PM

Welcome back to the scene Mikkel. Can't wait to see what you have in store!

eFX
Sep 2, 2004, 06:59 AM

Very nice. Do you make all your icon creations in photoshop Mikkel?

MMICONS  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2004, 07:33 AM

Yep ..It's all 100% pure Photoshop work..

eFX
Sep 2, 2004, 09:53 AM

good stuff!
I think sascha is a pure PS guy for icons from his style but I couldnt honestly know for sure

Any tips for creating icons or you just work big and then resample them down or so?

I know this may be a touchy subject not wanting to cause a hijack to your thread on any talk related to bbx, you know what joe bloggs is like :/ you were still doing the icons for Mira something cant remember its name

badidea
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2004, 10:06 AM

Great, my former favorite icon artist is back!

MMICONS  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 2, 2004, 07:42 PM

eFX..I normaly do the icons in 128x128 pixels..but from now I will make them in 256x256 or 512x512..and normaly I have like 100 to 200 layers in Photoshop..when the final icon is ready..=)

Well....What can i say ..The BBX thing!, I think it's really bad that people don't respect the effort that goes in to making gui design..And when we are talking about the work of Billy (BBX) ..we are talking in a hole nother ballgame..He is not only doing a theme and icons..but a hole system overlay..let's not forget that apple have like 25? people doing the gui stuff, that he is doing it one man, and have (like me) a job on the side ..and a new born baby..

So it REALLY makes me /#%% off, to see all of the **** people say to him about the wait and hype on the Omega theme...He is ( like me ) not getting payed one cent for doing like 6 month (or more) of hard work, just to give the mac fans a Kick ass mac theme..( I have seen it..Wow! )

And I know that when it comes out there will not be one pixel that not been made perfect..
So let's just wait, and give the man a chance..

PERFECTION takes TIME!..And TIME is $$$$..

Ps...badidea LOL!
( Last edited by MMICONS; Sep 6, 2004 at 10:11 AM. )

MacMan4000
Mac Elite
Sep 2, 2004, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by MMICONS:

Well....What can i say ..The BBX thing!, I think it's really bad that people don't respect the effort that goes in to making gui design..And when we are talking about the work of Billy (BBX) ..we are talking in a hole nother ballgame..He is not only doing a theme and icons..but a hole system overlay..let's not forget that apple have like 25? people doing the gui stuff, that he is doing one man, and have (like me) a job on the side ..and a new born baby..

So it REALLY makes me /#%% off, to see all of the **** people say to him about the wait and hype on the Omega theme...He is ( like me ) not getting payed one cent for doing like 6 month (or more) of hard work, just to give the mac fans a Kick ass mac theme..( I have seen it..Wow! )

And I know that when it comes out there will not be one pixel that not been made perfect..
So let's just wait, and give the man a chance..

PERFECTION takes TIME!..And TIME is $$$$..
Ditto
nuf said.

eFX
Sep 3, 2004, 08:16 AM

Nice portfolio btw, its very interesting to see the stages how you built up the mmx folders. Glad to see your site up running again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules