Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > T616 and iSync

T616 and iSync
MichaelJPR
May 15, 2004, 05:40 AM

I'm really struggling here...

I bought a SE T616 and a Kensington Bluetooth adapter. Everything seems to set up fine. My Mac recogizes my phone (at least it appears in iSync) and the phone has listed the Mac as a device. Bluetooth is turned on on the phone.

However, nothing happens when i press the Sync Now button on iSync. It says "Preparing Sync", then stops.

I used the Bluetooth setup assistant, and the last screen assured me that it's set up to work with iSync.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks -

MichaelJPR  (op)
May 15, 2004, 05:42 AM

This happens weather or not I'm syncing my Palm M505 at the same time.

elvisripley
Forum Regular
May 29, 2004, 01:53 PM

My T616 worked a long time ago but somewhere in the recent Panther updates it stopped working.

ryarber
Dedicated MacNNer
May 30, 2004, 02:05 AM

Originally posted by MichaelJPR:
I'm really struggling here...

I bought a SE T616 and a Kensington Bluetooth adapter. Everything seems to set up fine. My Mac recogizes my phone (at least it appears in iSync) and the phone has listed the Mac as a device. Bluetooth is turned on on the phone.

However, nothing happens when i press the Sync Now button on iSync. It says "Preparing Sync", then stops.

I used the Bluetooth setup assistant, and the last screen assured me that it's set up to work with iSync.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks -
Did you try going to "Add Device" in the iSync "Device" menu? Go there and see if iSync will discover your phone. I've heard other people say that their T616 works well with iSync and S-E website brags of their compatability with iSync.

MichaelJPR  (op)
May 30, 2004, 04:06 AM

For reasons that escape me, the problem has worked itself out.

Forum Links
Forum Rules