Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Palm/SE T616/Bluetooth/Internet?

Palm/SE T616/Bluetooth/Internet?
MichaelJPR
May 31, 2004, 11:10 AM

I've searched, but haven't found this exact situation addressed....

I have a Sony Ericsson T616 and a Palm Tungsten T3. I'd like to use the SE to dial up to my ISP and then surf on the Palm via bluetooth. Is this possible? Earthlink hasn't been any help.

Mike

ryarber
Dedicated MacNNer
May 31, 2004, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by MichaelJPR:
I've searched, but haven't found this exact situation addressed....

I have a Sony Ericsson T616 and a Palm Tungsten T3. I'd like to use the SE to dial up to my ISP and then surf on the Palm via bluetooth. Is this possible? Earthlink hasn't been any help.

Mike
If you have GPRS service via your cell network, it is doable. You can go to palm and download the latest phone scripts and install them on your palm. You palm can then discover your phone and use its connection to surf.

Here is the link for the phone updater for the palm. Good luck. I just got a new Motorola v600 and they don't have a script for it yet.

MichaelJPR  (op)
Jun 1, 2004, 07:27 AM

That did the trick, for the most part. Now I can use the GPRS data stream on my Palm.

Does anyone know if the T616 has a modem? If I can find a way to use dial up instead of GPRS, it'd be cheaper.

Thanks -

Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules