Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 17" PowerBook in your lap?

17" PowerBook in your lap?
skent
Apr 28, 2004, 05:19 PM

I currently have a 15" PB and I am considering purchasing a new 17" PB. When I am at home I sit on the couch to use my PowerBook most of the time and I want to know how cumbersome it is to use a 17" PB on your lap. I would appreciate any feed back I can get from people that have used both the 15" & 17" PB.

RooneyX
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2004, 05:23 PM

I have it on my lap nearly all the time and its very easy to use. But my cousin thinks I look like a midget with a normal size laptop instead of a normal size person with a large laptop.

chiara
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 07:34 PM

I have a 15" titanium and I have a 17". The bigger computer is actually MORE comfortable to use in the lap - it balances on my legs better.

We also took delivery of a 12" today - very sweet, the ultimate portable.

gostan
Apr 28, 2004, 08:32 PM

I had the same concern about balancing a 15 or 17 PB on my lap in my leather chair. The sides of my chair are large and I thought that the 17 would be a tight fit so I am sitting here typing on my new 15 and it balances quite fine. The 17 would also balance fine, but would be a tight fit albeit a larger screen. Either will be quite enjoyable. Make the decision based upon which you want to carry back and forth to work, etc.
24" Intel Core 2 Duo IMac 2.4 Ghz
15.4"/2.4 GHZ MacBook Pro

igorsway
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 28, 2004, 10:04 PM

I use my PB17 on my lap at work and at home. I recently had to pull out my old Dell latitude with a 12" screen and I found it more awkward then the PB.

Crusoe
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2004, 06:07 AM

I had a 15 now have a 17, the 17" is more comfortable to me. You can spread your legs more and hand and arms rests on it more. Better balance IMHO as well.
If a group of mimes are miming a forest and one falls down, does he make a sound?

Forum Links
Forum Rules