Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > UK shipping speed?

UK shipping speed?
Cheesebury
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2004, 04:45 PM

After months of persuading, hellish administration and endless paperwork my work finally ordered me a 15" powerbook on friday, I got the confirmation on friday and using the order status page I get a shipping date of "on or before may 12th".

How long did it take UK people to get their powerbooks after their initial order? I've been checking on the order status thread but it's a bit difficult to pick out uk users and how long it took from start to finish.

ta

ewdafa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2004, 05:14 PM

I initially ordered mine on the day of the announcement. I cancelled it on the 22nd April and replaced the order over the phone 'cause I wanted a 1x 512mb stick not 2x 256mb sticks.

I recieved an email on the 29th April to say the order had been shipped on the 27th April. It then sat around until the 3rd/4th May and eventually started moving to Luxemburg. It hit TNT's hands on the 6th and has gradually been making it's way towards Scotland. It should be sitting in either Edinburgh or Northampton, the TNT website can't seem to decide. One thing is for sure though, monday it will be here!

Edit: I forgot to mention, I've heard things about there being part shortages, maybe it's only affecting iPod Minis tho. Perhaps someone else can fill you in.

Cheesebury  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2004, 05:38 PM

wow, 2 weeks shipping? that sort of sucks, it took at most 2 days from when i ordered to taking delivery of my ibook several years ago. oh well, after all this time i can wait a bit longer

Phil the Fish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2004, 05:50 PM

Originally posted by Cheesebury:
How long did it take UK people to get their powerbooks after their initial order? I've been checking on the order status thread but it's a bit difficult to pick out uk users and how long it took from start to finish.

Not sure I totally agree with the difficulty..... I sat down with a pen and pad and tracked 5 obvious UK persons ....... all within 2 weeks (or around that time frame).... in my case I ordered on the 21st(Wed) April ...... arrived on door step 4th(Tues) May.....

Phil
Phil the Fish
15" PowerBook 1.5GHz, SuperDrive, 5400rpm 80GB, IGB RAM/128MB VRAM
PM G4 D500 1.25GB RAM, 40GB HD

smw
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2004, 12:51 PM

Ordered 15.2� PBG4 on 30/04/04 � shipped on 4/5/04.

Absolutely nothing showing up on the �Shipment Status� page. Very, very frustrating!

ewdafa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2004, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by smw:
Ordered 15.2� PBG4 on 30/04/04 � shipped on 4/5/04.

Absolutely nothing showing up on the �Shipment Status� page. Very, very frustrating!
Yep the pages are broken for europe. Handy, eh? As an alternative then you might like to go here: Apecode Apple Track, instructions on how to use it are on the page.

If you see something like:
04 may 04 90 75 truck arrived at final destination Apple Shanghai

Then you can hopefully start using the TNT tracking link provided on that page. Happy tracking!

smw
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2004, 07:19 PM

Thanks ewdafa. It appears my PowerBook has just left Shanghai. At least I can track it now!!

ewdafa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2004, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by smw:
Thanks ewdafa. It appears my PowerBook has just left Shanghai. At least I can track it now!!
No need to thank me, thank the guys at apecode.

mrwalker
Dedicated MacNNer
May 10, 2004, 01:57 PM

Hi there,

I ordered my 15" 1.5 GHz with 128MB VRAM and a 5400 HD on the day of announcement, Monday 19th April at about 6pm.

The order shipped on the 23rd, and was in the Eindhoven, the European hub on the 30th. A couple of people in London got theirs on the 30th as they are taken to Stanstead by air. For some reason mine was driven from Eindhoven to Scotland over a bank holiday weekend and I got it on May 4th

So that makes it a little over 2 weeks. As I ordered late in the day on the 19th, I'd say it's looking like 14 days delivery. I ordered a Cinema Display from Apple last year and that took about the same time.

It's pretty frustrating to wait, especially when the tracking isn't working properly and there are people in the US getting theirs on 2-3 day delivery. If you want BTO options though, what you going to do?

-mrwalker

Forum Links
Forum Rules