Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > the official Latium post

the official Latium post (Page 2)
mac15
Senior User
Feb 26, 2004, 04:14 AM

Those new buttons look so much better, its really refined now. I love it

Holigen
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2004, 05:11 AM

Latiums new buttons are magically delicious and a part of this complete breakfast!

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

haley
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2004, 09:21 AM

I kind of miss that boxy-outline thing, but I'm sure that when I try it out they will be great.

Maran
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2004, 02:05 PM

I'm using the newest version, and here is what FireFox looks like:

This might be a firefox problem, but I thought I would point it out.

I really like this theme. The only one I can use for any length of time besides my favorite which is GuiPod.

Benjamin

wibs  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2004, 04:15 PM

Originally posted by Maran:
I'm using the newest version, and here is what FireFox looks like:

This might be a firefox problem, but I thought I would point it out.

I really like this theme. The only one I can use for any length of time besides my favorite which is GuiPod.

Benjamin
what is the problem specifically? it just looks like a simple window titlebar style to me. i must be missing something in that screenshot, heh.
DigitalRamen sucks.

Crni
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 29, 2004, 05:54 PM

Hi there,
first I'd like to say that you have done a really great job.Your theme is so refreshing and original !
I've ported it to Objectbar (finder bar emulation program for windows)...
...and I was wondering will you give me permisson to release it on my hompepage with my other OS X themes ports ?
This is the port preview :

and you can check my other ports (all done with permissons from original authors) on my HOMEPAGE .
As you will see I've ported almost every major OS X theme and I really would like to include yours aswell.

You can mail me at : [email protected] or you can post your answer right here.
In any case tnx for creating such a great theme
stay well and keep it cool
Crni

wibs  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 29, 2004, 06:07 PM

Sure thing you can release it. I'm never going to get around to making a windows version, so I can't see a reason why not .
DigitalRamen sucks.

Crni
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 29, 2004, 07:18 PM

Originally posted by wibs:
Sure thing you can release it. I'm never going to get around to making a windows version, so I can't see a reason why not .
Great - THANKS wibs

One more thing - can you please post a screenshot of selected 'apple' logo ?
I wasn't able to find any screenhot like that so that's the only thing that is missing in my port.
Also in future if you release more color variations may I port that aswell ?

tnx again
stay well
Crni
( Last edited by Crni; Feb 29, 2004 at 07:24 PM. )

wibs  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 29, 2004, 07:49 PM

no problem... just sent you an email with the images attached (but my email is fickle so I'm posting here to let you know I sent it)
DigitalRamen sucks.

Maran
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2004, 04:59 PM

what is the problem specifically? it just looks like a simple window titlebar style to me. i must be missing something in that screenshot, heh.
I was referring to the sort of speckled looking area behind the buttons - I presume that would be pinstripes in plain aqua --- it was the only app that looks like that. Is that pattern really your intention? Firefox doesn't ever look like that except when Latium is applied. I hope this clarifies.

Thanks.
Benjamin

wibs  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2004, 12:37 AM

ah, now I see what you're talking about. Hm, I really don't have a clue what causes that. I'll look around, but no promises.
DigitalRamen sucks.

wibs  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2004, 09:32 AM

Just so you guys know that this isn't a dead project, there's another preview up at digitalramen.com, along with a bit of info. Nothing too earth shaking, but it's there if you're interested.
DigitalRamen sucks.

haley
Forum Regular
Mar 11, 2004, 09:41 AM

The preview for v.2 looks very nice! Only thing that is bugging me is the fact that the selected View button (icon/list/column) is the same color as the inactive forward button. Just a small inconsistency I noticed, it would work better if the selected View button was the lighter color of the active back button.

Other than that though, it looks perfect. I like the darker tones you picked too.

And just for the record, Latium is still my favorite theme, even though I may not be using it at the moment.

Twister
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2004, 10:56 AM

Ohh two is much cooler. I like the new scroll bars.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 11:20 AM

Woohoo, very nice wibs. I love the scroll bars!

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2004, 11:54 AM

very nice. much improved! Personally, I'm still waiting for color variations before I could really feel comfortable using it. I don't really like green. Perahps blue, grey, or white... But I like the new button and scrollbar designs much better

meem
Forum Regular
Mar 11, 2004, 02:47 PM

OMG this theme rocks. I never thought I would buy something like shapeshifter until I saw this. Its so much easier on the eyes than anything I have seen. I've found my self editing photo's in photoshop (such as making skies green) to match.

Keep up the good work.

wibs  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2004, 04:21 PM

thanks for pointing that out haley... now that you mention it, the selected window view mode button does need some tweaking. that inactive state was a new tweek yesterday, and I hadn't noticed how similar a 50% opacity for unclicked state is to a simply greener version of the clicked state, lol.
DigitalRamen sucks.

Twister
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2004, 05:13 PM

any ETA?

wibs  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2004, 10:24 PM

Originally posted by Twister:
any ETA?
late march, early april. I could have it done in a couple days if I rushed it and ignored my other priorities, but, well, I don't think I need to say any reasons why I don't want to do that.
DigitalRamen sucks.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 11, 2004, 10:33 PM

late march, early april. I could have it done in a couple days if I rushed it and ignored my other priorities, but, well, I don't think I need to say any reasons why I don't want to do that.
I know how that is, sucks to have a life at times.
click one

Twister
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 12, 2004, 09:14 AM

sounds good to me. !!

wibs  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 12, 2004, 03:08 PM

Oh, something worth pointing out. I'm sorry to have to do this, but Latium will be jumping on the not-until-SS 1.2 bandwagon. I was going to release it before then, but there are a couple new features that are pretty much necessary. I'll do what I can to have a simulatenous releease though, and if SS 1.2 takes much longer I'll try to cram a bunch of color varations in, too.

If there's enough interest I'll release a DLTA version if I finish before 1.2 comes out, but that's really not something I want to do.
DigitalRamen sucks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules