Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [Preview] HIBRIDO Mac OS X GUI Kit

[Preview] HIBRIDO Mac OS X GUI Kit (Page 3)
ender2002
Senior User
Aug 25, 2004, 08:51 AM

bbx is going to have a hissy fit

tipp-ex
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2004, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by Hybrid Rainbow:
Yup, I will. Actually I'm working as we speak (or write ) on the update of the StonePiece one. Wich will have more of the HIBRIDO feeling going on. And as AveTunes (iTunes remote for Windows) has more cool stuff now, the skin will have more buttons, and an animated toggle drawer
So, maybe I'll ask Makki later to port this to Konfab
Your work is great, keep churning stuff out (the icons you have on the way in particular are amazing).

I took the liberty of making a widget from your clock graphics (for personal use), but haven't got round to actually writing the code for it. Let me know if you want it, should save someone a few minutes

edit: removed image
( Last edited by tipp-ex; Sep 21, 2004 at 05:45 PM. )

sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 25, 2004, 11:23 PM

Originally posted by bbxstudio:
Hmmm... wonder why the english+japanese theme identity idea?
haahha cos its such an original idea right? No ones ever done anything like that before have they get off your high horse, it wasn't original when you did it either.

Quite a nice theme, bit blue though I'd like to see the "graphite" version

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Aug 26, 2004, 12:21 AM

sushiism: I thought we had dropped that.
click one

fireside
Professional Poster
Aug 26, 2004, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by tipp-ex:
Your work is great, keep churning stuff out (the icons you have on the way in particular are amazing).

I took the liberty of making a widget from your clock graphics (for personal use), but haven't got round to actually writing the code for it. Let me know if you want it, should save someone a few minutes

that clock looks sexy.

Dave-o�
Senior User
Aug 26, 2004, 08:50 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
that clock looks sexy.
Have you seen the skins for the music player he did... now those are Makki Sexy..

sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 26, 2004, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by bbxstudio:
I just honestly don't recall seeing this sort fo thing done with themes/suites/skins before I did it, do you? Is it really so hard to imagine that this English/Japanese direction he's playing with was 'inspired' by my BBX stuff?
You've lived a sheltered life, the dimsum and hanzatsu litestep themes/windowblinds skins by anzromero (or was it aznromeo I always forget, talented guy in the GUI scene a few years back anyway) predate your stuff by several years
For God sake get over yourself, your not original in the slightest. Sure this theme isn't that original either but its not like you do anything mindblowing.

Dave-o�
Senior User
Aug 26, 2004, 09:21 PM

Originally posted by sushiism:
You've lived a sheltered life, the dimsum and hanzatsu litestep themes/windowblinds skins by anzromero (or was it aznromeo I always forget, talented guy in the GUI scene a few years back anyway) predate your stuff by several years
For God sake get over yourself, your not original in the slightest. Sure this theme isn't that original either but its not like you do anything mindblowing.
Please stop these postings. Every single thread that has turned this way has been locked. I would hate to see this thread get locked, and so would the author. So can i ask you to stop with the negative BBX posts.

Thank you for your time one this,
Dave

Holigen
Mac Elite
Aug 26, 2004, 10:01 PM

Gotta second Dave here raw fish man. Lets stop this before the mods have to get involved.

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

fireside
Professional Poster
Aug 26, 2004, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by Holigen:
Gotta second Dave here raw fish man. Lets stop this before the mods have to get involved.
there's only one mod here and he rarely does anything.

WHICH IS WHY I'M GOING TO BE THE HOKAG -- er.. mod.

Hybrid Rainbow  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 27, 2004, 12:29 AM

Hey guys, dunno If u notices, but my site went down to chinatown today ... exceded limit >.<
I was about to release the update of the StonePiece skin... although the new name is Hibrido iTunes Remote (wich I'm sure will be properly ported to Konfabulator for u guys). And I've redesign some of the elements of the theme as well, I can say now, that the concept is more solid, cause I removed everything "aqua" of it (and I like it better that way ^^) Of course if the themer is up to it, an aqua-version can be released too.
The site will be up again on Sept 1st, and that's the day, where I'll show all the updates, and the new hibrido page.

Thnx for your time, and sorry for the inconveniences.

//Giancarlo

Dave-o�
Senior User
Aug 27, 2004, 08:50 AM

The site will be up again on Sept 1st, and that's the day, where I'll show all the updates, and the new hibrido page.
Thanks for the update Gian. Hope all is well and i'm interested in seeing your new 'mock-up' with out the aqua elements, not to mention the Konfabulator widgets..

Holigen
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2004, 09:56 AM

there's only one mod here and he rarely does anything.

WHICH IS WHY I'M GOING TO BE THE HOKAG -- er.. mod.
Ya, but hell notice the hubub, and he has moderated the screenshot thread for getting off topic.

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

Holigen
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2004, 09:57 AM

Hey guys, dunno If u notices, but my site went down to chinatown today ... exceded limit >.<
I was about to release the update of the StonePiece skin... although the new name is Hibrido iTunes Remote (wich I'm sure will be properly ported to Konfabulator for u guys). And I've redesign some of the elements of the theme as well, I can say now, that the concept is more solid, cause I removed everything "aqua" of it (and I like it better that way ^^) Of course if the themer is up to it, an aqua-version can be released too.

Thnx for your time, and sorry for the inconveniences.

//Giancarlo
Haha, thats a bummer. Probably because all of Mac-users going to check it out For sure...

Sorry for the double post, but Im too lazy this early in the morning to write out the quote things myself.

ambush
Banned
Aug 28, 2004, 11:14 AM

Please release the theme... ... please...

Hybrid Rainbow  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2004, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by ambush:
Please release the theme... ... please...
I will ^^ it depends on the themer too but I guess maybe late september, or in the beggining of october. I'll give a bigger preview (finder, menubar, etc.) next week ^^

ambush
Banned
Sep 2, 2004, 09:50 AM

bump

Twister
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 2, 2004, 10:16 AM

This is one gooood loookin theme.

cgc
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2004, 09:29 PM

Looks great...will you be eliminating all traces of Aqua cuz I see a pushbuton thats 100% Aqua.

kwyjiboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 3, 2004, 12:03 AM

This theme makes me hot and bothered. Where is it?
Septuple post! Quadruple word score!

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2004, 10:27 AM

The site is down. Anyone know what's the status of this theme?

ambush
Banned
Sep 19, 2004, 04:04 PM

**** he pulled a BBX!

Komisar
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2004, 04:42 PM

**** he pulled a BBX!
Hmmm... maybe he is having computer troubles?

microrario
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2004, 08:15 PM

**** he pulled a BBX!
funny...

cube3
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 19, 2004, 09:22 PM

If his site is down it's because of his traffic allowance, same as last time. Sheesh people, you're like rabid ferrets. Also read the bit where he says he doesn't have a mac, so no themepark etc, he's pretty much at the mercy of a themer.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2004, 10:34 PM

Originally posted by cube3:
Sheesh people, you're like rabid ferrets.
Talk about it... And it's "BBX this and that" again too.
click one

Hybrid Rainbow  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2004, 11:43 PM

Originally posted by TheIceMan:
The site is down. Anyone know what's the status of this theme?
Yup, the site is down, I don't want to release anything until the final look of hibrido is done. I have not that much free time either, I have to finish a web design for a client and college work (a bunch of books to read). And the themer who's gonna help me with the porting is busy too.
Anyway, I'll definatelly take some time these weeks to work on this. I've already redesign most of the gui elements, with a more solid non-aqua concept. I'll also make some space for HIBRIDO in my site.
As soon as I re-open the site, I'll post here.

Thnx for ur time.

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2004, 09:20 AM

Hybrid Rainbow: Thanks for the update. Looking forward to its release.

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2004, 06:22 PM

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really...

...Really like this theme... any ideas when it will be available to the public?

ambush
Banned
Sep 21, 2004, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by TheSpaz:
I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really...

...Really like this theme... any ideas when it will be available to the public?
read above.

fireside
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 01:14 PM

Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
Talk about it... And it's "BBX this and that" again too.
he hasn't even pulled a bbx though which is whats so dumb about everyone saying that he has. do you people even know what "pulling a bbx" means?

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 01:47 PM

he hasn't even pulled a bbx though which is whats so dumb about everyone saying that he has. do you people even know what "pulling a bbx" means?
Well, it's either claiming you're an OS X themer when you've only announced one theme a year ahead of time and never actually done it, or getting mad at people for stealing your ideas when their themes have anything that looks remotely similar to yours.

Or maybe it means designing really cool looking Winamp skins for a large company? I don't know.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

fireside
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 02:35 PM

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno:
Well, it's either claiming you're an OS X themer when you've only announced one theme a year ahead of time and never actually done it, or getting mad at people for stealing your ideas when their themes have anything that looks remotely similar to yours.
yep, and neither of those apply to hybrid.

efuseakay
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 21, 2004, 03:20 PM

It means that nobody else is allowed to use the Japanese language for their themes...

philcozz
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2005, 07:26 PM

Just remembering today how much I was looking forward to this theme...

I hope it still lives!

esXXI
Senior User
Mar 8, 2005, 07:58 PM

Apparently it's "still in the works"/"not dead." That's what I've heard on the grapevine.

philcozz
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2005, 08:50 PM

That's good news.

Dimethyltrypt
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2005, 11:11 PM

THe huge problem with the theming community is that we always see preview but no finished work. Except for SIRO and Pulsar.

How unfortunate is that?

mac15
Senior User
Mar 9, 2005, 11:21 PM

Yes they were the only themes in history to be previewed and release

mediacoop
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2005, 12:33 AM

Originally posted by Dimethyltrypt:
THe huge problem with the theming community is that we always see preview but no finished work. Except for SIRO and Pulsar.

How unfortunate is that?

it would be interesting to do a count of all the previewed themes that never get finished... at this point i tend to avoid preview threads and only pop into threads that are announcements. seems like it would make more sense to wait to preview a day or two before release rather than weeks before a date that may never happen.

that said, a big thanks to all those fantastic themers who have released themes... greatly appreciated!

Dimethyltrypt
Forum Regular
Mar 10, 2005, 10:35 AM

Originally posted by mac15:
Yes they were the only themes in history to be previewed and release
No what i'm saying is: the siro guy will release his themes like 3 weeks after the initial preview.

the other just post it here, get extraordinary feedback and never release it. Or like they release it a year after or several months after when we lose interest.

but anyway.. I'd rather not see any previews, only finished work. otherwise I'll always be deceived.

sayonaraML
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 12, 2005, 04:25 PM

Just wanted to chime in on this as well...
I remembering going through every one of the pages that referenced Omega. Old BBX took a beating for the preview that never turned into anything and I guess has wandered off to parts unknown without ever releasing anything. That was too bad 'cause it looked to be cool theme but there are some other themes/themers on this board that seem to have mirrored the same behavior (preview followed by delay, followed by excuses, followed by delay) without getting ANY of the grief that Bill got. Why is that? Is it becuase he got a little bit more peed off with some of the flames? Higher expectations leading to greater anticipation and letdown?
I also wonder if part of it is that if you aren't in the business and you are say a college student then you get a pass ("I'd like to finish but you know shool work and all"). Why not a separate forum for previews? Keeps the pressure off of whoever is doing the work and lowers the expectations of people that want to use the themes. Has that been posited before? Anyone add any clarity to this?
Peace 'n' all.

themarvelous3
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 15, 2005, 07:42 PM

am i the only one who cant get to the site or download this theme (if its even done yet) i cant see the preview either.

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2005, 03:13 AM

themarvelous3: It's been down for the past month or so. I really like this theme and hope that it sees the light of day soon.

themarvelous3
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 16, 2005, 11:45 AM

i thought so, but people kept posting here so i thought maybe it was just me. thanks!

mugget
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 17, 2005, 06:52 PM

so what's gong on with this theme?

pyn
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 17, 2005, 10:00 PM

the new URL for a while: http://magicmarbleproject.com/

nice widgets, i ported sleektunes and awaiting permission for release

Forum Links
Forum Rules