Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > What happened to my PB battery? Unbelievable!!!

What happened to my PB battery? Unbelievable!!!
Autumn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2005, 12:48 AM

I have a two and half year old TiBook 1Ghz 15-inch. The battery read 3184 a while back and when I check again today, guess what? It reads 4191 now!!!

Well, I'm not gonna complain but this is weird!

Anyone had this experience? I'm using 10.4.1 now.
My first Mac:

15.2-inch Titanium G4 @ 1Ghz
1GB Ram
40 GB
64MB Video Ram

iPod Nano 4GB Black

redheadfred
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2005, 07:42 PM

wow that is weird...unfortunately i won't be able to test mine as i'm just buying a new powerbook. but yeah...weird...

Autumn  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2005, 11:29 PM

Although my battery still last range from 3:30 to 4:45 depends on how heavy I use it. Quite a good battery after 2.5 years.
My first Mac:

1GB Ram
40 GB
64MB Video Ram

iPod Nano 4GB Black

Autumn  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 28, 2005, 07:09 PM

Bump!

Still going strong!
My first Mac:

1GB Ram
40 GB
64MB Video Ram

iPod Nano 4GB Black

tinad
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2005, 09:01 AM

Hi everyone - I posted this message somewhere else, but I am still trying to find my way around So sorry for double-posting..This battery talk seems applicable to my question - any help is greatly appreciated:

I just got my new 15" PB and I love it. I am wondering, however, how long the battery should at least last, running Photoshop the entire time (working on it) with the energy saver, Bluetooth and Airport both turned off - Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

PrOeliuM
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2005, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by tinad
Hi everyone - I posted this message somewhere else, but I am still trying to find my way around So sorry for double-posting..This battery talk seems applicable to my question - any help is greatly appreciated:

I just got my new 15" PB and I love it. I am wondering, however, how long the battery should at least last, running Photoshop the entire time (working on it) with the energy saver, Bluetooth and Airport both turned off - Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
I would guess about 2-2.5 hours.

tinad
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2005, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by PrOeliuM
I would guess about 2-2.5 hours.
Well, that's it: Exactly 2.3 hours.. Thanks.

euphras
Mac Elite
Aug 2, 2005, 04:02 AM

I have a two and half year old TiBook 1Ghz 15-inch. The battery read 3184 a while back and when I check again today, guess what? It reads 4191 now!!!

Well, I'm not gonna complain but this is weird!

Anyone had this experience? I'm using 10.4.1 now.

I experienced some kinda same with my 3 yrs old Tibook. Before i installed Tiger my battery lasted about 5-8 min. After installing Tiger i now have a capacitiy of about 1 hour. I guess Tiger has improved battery management.

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

Link
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2005, 07:35 AM

Lucky.

My PB's battery originally rated 4390 or something like that, then it went to 4405! I was happy, but here I am 3 months later and it says 4376! So what do I do? Try calibrating...

Oh @&*#^

| | | "IOBatteryInfo" = ({"Capacity"=4202,"Amperage"=18446744073709550197, "Cycle Count"=84,"Current"=3662,"Voltage"=11883,"Flags"=4 ,"AbsoluteMaxCapacity"=4400})

I know, 84 charge cycles in 3 months?! Yeah even with TWO computers I still use the lappy almost as much as most people would *normally*
Aloha

maCCer
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 2, 2005, 07:47 AM

my battery usually about 3-4 hours
There were once four people named Everybody, Somebody, Nobody and Anybody. Somebody had to do a job, but Nobody wanted to do it. Nobody could see that Anybody could do it, and Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Nobody ended up doing it, and it so happened that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

tinad
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 2, 2005, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by maCCer
my battery usually about 3-4 hours
When you say your battery lasts 3-4 hours, what are you doing with it? Are you running Photoshop for example or any other memory consuming applications?? I like your signature

Forum Links
Forum Rules