Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Who manufacture Mac Pro?

Who manufacture Mac Pro?
veryniceguy2002
Senior User
Aug 18, 2006, 08:22 AM

Can someone tell me who does Apple contracted out to manufacture Mac Pro? Who else the current Xserve??

Leonard
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2006, 10:14 AM

I thought it was Quanta, but it looks like they just do the laptops. I believe it's Hon Hai. Apple still gets their desktops for North America from China, so I assume they still use Hon Hai. As well, I believe Apple still has a manufacturing plant in Ireland, but products from the Ireland plant are used to supply Europe.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Oozinator
Baninated
Aug 18, 2006, 10:19 AM

Speak English. Please.

all2ofme
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2006, 10:50 AM

Hey, that's not very nice. English might not be his first language (for example), and it's not as if it's impossible to work out what his questions were.

Originally Posted by Oozinator
Speak English. Please.

stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2006, 10:57 AM

Be Christian. Please.
8GB iPhone
Coming Soon: Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

Oozinator
Baninated
Aug 18, 2006, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by stwain2003
Be Christian. Please.
...uh... what? You mean like feel guilty about myself? Or torture, burn, and kill anybody who disagrees with me?

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 18, 2006, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by all2ofme
Hey, that's not very nice. English might not be his first language (for example), and it's not as if it's impossible to work out what his questions were.
I wasn't aware Australia had any other main languages besides English?
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Neo.cmg
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2006, 11:53 AM

...and just like in North America, english might not be an Australian resident's first language. Although, a person currently resides in a country or continent doesn't necessitate that they have lived there all their life. An amazing thing these mass transit systems of today allow people to move about so much more freely...

Oozinator
Baninated
Aug 18, 2006, 12:31 PM

It's amazing that this is a forum where people communicate in English yet you're up for giving the benefit of the doubt to somebody who butchers the accepted language.

all2ofme
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 18, 2006, 01:02 PM

I'm hoping that the OP's query has been answered satisfactorily as my post has nothing to do with his question.

Oozinator: I'm a lot more tolerant of someone who might be learning a language than I am of someone who has nothing better to do than be critical.

Is irritating users who might provide people with all sorts of valuable information (even if it's not well written) worth the little bit of pleasure that being critical gave you? If so, I wonder what you feel the point of these forums is.

I've never met anyone more fussy than I am when it comes to writing properly, but in my opinion a little bit of restraint is a good idea when it comes to dishing out criticism. Imagine how your response would have felt had it been you writing in another language on a forum.

Anyway, I'll keep out of this from here. I'm not a mod. I'd like to think I'm civil, though. No offence intended to anyone

Originally Posted by Oozinator
It's amazing that this is a forum where people communicate in English yet you're up for giving the benefit of the doubt to somebody who butchers the accepted language.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Aug 18, 2006, 01:05 PM

I haven't seen any specific news on the Mac Pro, but Apple uses Hon Hai (aka Foxconn), Quanta, Compal, AsusTeK, and Inventek for different products.

fishguy
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 18, 2006, 01:15 PM

Be Christian. Please.

...uh... what? You mean like feel guilty about myself? Or torture, burn, and kill anybody who disagrees with me?
I could see that coming a mile away!

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2006, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by stwain2003
Be Christian. Please.
+1

the on-line world could use more of that.. for sure.
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

Leonard
Professional Poster
Aug 18, 2006, 02:29 PM

I hate going off topic, but...

I wouldn't say "Be Christian" = Be courteous, nice, friendly, good, etc. Be Christian could mean alot of things, and it could be insulting to any of the other religions in this world. There's alot of Christians that aren't good people. The Christians were also responsible for alot pain and suffering such as the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, IRA, etc...
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2006, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard
I hate going off topic, but...

I wouldn't say "Be Christian" = Be courteous, nice, friendly, good, etc. Be Christian could mean alot of things, and it could be insulting to any of the other religions in this world. There's alot of Christians that aren't good people. The Christians were also responsible for alot pain and suffering such as the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, IRA, etc...
Here we go with the whole Political Correctness thing.. Has Canada really gotten that bad? I had always though it was a West / East Coast US thing.. forget I ever said anything.

Here is the new version: "Be nice - in a multi-culturals sort of way, which is lest offensive to the most offended among the worlds cultures.."

peace out..
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

Forum Links
Forum Rules