Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Mouse Button "crunchy"

Mouse Button "crunchy"
fallingman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 8, 2007, 04:54 AM

Hi guys.

I wonder if anyone else has had this. My MBP had this happen a while back, but it was still in its warranty period, so I got it fixed at the same time as my whine... My warranty has now expired and I'm a little annoyed that its happening again.

My Mouse Button doesn't "click" the way it used to. I know this doesnt sound like a big deal, but its quite annoying. Where it used to have a sturdy, satisfying click to it, now after its on for a while - it starts to "crunch" rather than click, if that makes sense...?

It tends to happen when it warm, and I just wonder if its something thats loose, or perhaps the mechanism that supplies the "click" to the button changes with the heat.

Does anyone know whether this is a big deal to remedy? Its still working, and I could get a mouse, though I use it on my lap mostly and I'm wondering if its worth paying to fix. I'm a little annoyed that I may have to...

Is this a known problem?

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Jun 8, 2007, 06:14 AM

I had this happen on my old iBook G4, it sounded like foil crinkling up under the button, I never did fix it tho.
Signature depreciated.

pjosborne
Jun 8, 2007, 03:43 PM

Yep exactly the same problem here (MBP C2D). I've just had a new top case ordered under AppleCare. Amazing how annoying such a little thing can be though.

Peter
Peter Osborne
Small Fry Web Hosting

Forum Links
Forum Rules