Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Airport Utility 6.1 and MAC address filtering

Airport Utility 6.1 and MAC address filtering
simonjames
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2012, 04:58 AM

In previous versions of Airport Utility I've implemented MAC address filtering/protection as an added security measure to my home network. I also restricted the DHCP range but I never assigned a MAC address to a specific entry.

With the new Airport Utility V6.1 I cannot find where I can maintain the list of MAC addresses - I've tried to find this but it looks like it is no longer available. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
this sig intentionally left blank

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 1, 2012, 09:00 AM

( Last edited by Spheric Harlot; Jul 1, 2012 at 09:31 AM. )

ibook_steve
Jul 2, 2012, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by simonjames View Post
In previous versions of Airport Utility I've implemented MAC address filtering/protection as an added security measure to my home network. I also restricted the DHCP range but I never assigned a MAC address to a specific entry.

With the new Airport Utility V6.1 I cannot find where I can maintain the list of MAC addresses - I've tried to find this but it looks like it is no longer available. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
It's still there. Select your router and click Edit. Go to the Network tab and click Timed Access Control.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

simonjames  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 2, 2012, 07:26 AM

Thanks heaps
this sig intentionally left blank

Forum Links
Forum Rules