Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Jaguar Upgrade Shipping?

Jaguar Upgrade Shipping?
ctpeterson
Aug 22, 2002, 02:10 PM

doen anyone have any idea or any way to find out whenthe upgade CDs or 10.2 will ship? I sent in the order form, but ther is no tracking number that I am aware of.
Mac=Life
iMac 266 320MB OS 10.3
MacBook Core 2 Duo 10.4
http://petersoninidaho.blogspot.com

iamnid
Senior User
Aug 22, 2002, 02:14 PM

i ordered mine about two weeks after macworld and just got it in the mail this afternoon!

zcasper
Aug 22, 2002, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by ctpeterson:
doen anyone have any idea or any way to find out whenthe upgade CDs or 10.2 will ship? I sent in the order form, but ther is no tracking number that I am aware of.
The fulfilment center told me they would ship on the 26th.

robby818
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 22, 2002, 02:53 PM

I placed my order for 10.2 with Apple's edu store two weeks ago. Apple e-mailed me yesterday (Tuesday) stating that my order shipped via fedex. I've tried to use the tracking number that Apple provided but fedex doesn't recognize the number. Maybe it will show up tomorrow. BTW,I didn't pay extra for express shipping.

DavidHossack
Forum Regular
Aug 22, 2002, 03:18 PM

Mine is still being assembled. I ordered just under a month ago. Looks like I will get it late next week since I don't think it will be dispatched untill Monday.
David.

slipjack
Senior User
Aug 22, 2002, 03:58 PM

Mine's at home waiting for me now. Arrived at 9:45 A.M. on 8/22! Thanks Apple! Ergh... 5 more hours of labor, and I'm outta here.

Team MacNN :: Crush the competition :: crunching :: Dual Ghz G4/Radeon 9000/23" Cinema Display

slipjack
Senior User
Aug 22, 2002, 04:01 PM

I did get shipping info from apple, and the tracking info was online by last night... I was able to watch it arrive at home from the net, as the Airborne info updated pretty regularly. Wahoo!

Team MacNN :: Crush the competition :: crunching :: Dual Ghz G4/Radeon 9000/23" Cinema Display

ctpeterson  (op)
Aug 22, 2002, 04:23 PM

Does any one know about the up-to-date CDs, I called the Apple upgrade center and they said to call back after the 24th to check on shipping. Has anyone heard anything else? what will be on the disc..full version?
Mac=Life
iMac 266 320MB OS 10.3
MacBook Core 2 Duo 10.4
http://petersoninidaho.blogspot.com

sambeau
Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2002, 04:25 PM

It arrived here in the UK on Monday. I'm all 10.2'd up.
As suspected there is no mention of 'Jaguar' anywhere on the box in the UK.

pinlo
Forum Regular
Aug 22, 2002, 04:33 PM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery SAN FRANCISCO CA
08/22/2002 08:34
Let D�j� Vu take care of backing up your files.
You've got better things to do with your time.
http://propagandaprod.com/dejavu.html

captnroger
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 22, 2002, 05:00 PM

Chris, I'm in the same boat as you. I bought a 17" imac with no 10.2 in it, order via the up-to-date program. Called this afternoon, she said they were still waiting on the product, they won't have it until the 24th, and that all updates will ship from Indiana via USPS regular mail.

Frustrating to say the least. I guess Apple is taking care of what it considers older customers first by shipping the higher priced upgrades, which I understand and respect. A few more days won't kill anyone. My bet is that us up-to-daters will start seeing our updates early next week.

tdvorak
Forum Regular
Aug 22, 2002, 05:31 PM

As of 2:16AM mine is in transit. I ordered it 7/17/02. It was ordered using FedEx Overnight, so I expect it tomorrow, Saturday at the latest!
Tom

Kon-El
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 22, 2002, 09:32 PM

I just got an eMac 2-3 weeks ago and ordered via the up-to-date system on the 13th. My order is still being assembled but my shipping method has been bumped up to Fed Ex.

I heard that Jaguar was supposed to be shipped out of Apple by Friday, but us Up-to-date folks may not be included in that, as the Family Pack people aren't either.

Shipping out on the 26th would be okay for me I guess. Even if I do have Jaguar Fever!
In Christ,
Deacon Nikolai
http://nstanosheck.wordpress.com

passmaster16
Senior User
Aug 22, 2002, 09:49 PM

Originally posted by Kon-El:
I just got an eMac 2-3 weeks ago and ordered via the up-to-date system on the 13th. My order is still being assembled but my shipping method has been bumped up to Fed Ex.

I heard that Jaguar was supposed to be shipped out of Apple by Friday, but us Up-to-date folks may not be included in that, as the Family Pack people aren't either.

Shipping out on the 26th would be okay for me I guess. Even if I do have Jaguar Fever!
How did you track your Up-to-date order? Did they send you an email or something? I faxed mine in on the 9th but haven't received any confirmation from Apple. I'm sure we won't be shipped until the 26th but I'd still like to know my order is being processed.

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Aug 22, 2002, 09:53 PM

Originally posted by ctpeterson:
Does any one know about the up-to-date CDs, I called the Apple upgrade center and they said to call back after the 24th to check on shipping. Has anyone heard anything else? what will be on the disc..full version?
There is no "upgrade" version per se. Everyone will receive the same complete-install disks.
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

Kon-El
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 22, 2002, 10:10 PM

Originally posted by passmaster16:
How did you track your Up-to-date order? Did they send you an email or something? I faxed mine in on the 9th but haven't received any confirmation from Apple. I'm sure we won't be shipped until the 26th but I'd still like to know my order is being processed.
I did my up-to-date order online via the Apple store URL that MacMall gave me. Then they sent me an email later that day with an order number so that I could track the progress.
In Christ,
Deacon Nikolai
http://nstanosheck.wordpress.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules