Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Dead pixel(s)

Dead pixel(s)
cuidado
May 4, 2005, 09:38 PM

Like 3 weeks after i got my PB15 i got a dead pixel, like in the left bottom corner, into the actual left panel, so that wasnt anything dangerous in that sense.

I jsut installed tiger (dont think thats the reason, though), and noticed that the dead pixel had become like two and moved 10 pixels in towards the middle of the screen.

This doesnt bother me at all, but is it a chance that it will move on closer to the middle? Or is this just random?

What causes dead pixels? And do i get it on my warranty?

TailsToo
Mac Elite
May 4, 2005, 10:18 PM

I never heard of a dead pixel move before...

cuidado  (op)
May 4, 2005, 10:21 PM

well, its not animated in that sense (doh), but its gone away from one spot and reappeared 10 pixels in another direction.

wierd? yes.

rasmusnet
Forum Regular
May 5, 2005, 02:19 PM

I am also having some black pixels. They appear in my dock after closing programs (they appear where the black arrows indicate open/closed programs) and they disappear when I run the mouse over them.
I made a post about this once and came to the conclusion it must be some kind of OSX-problem not to worry about and therefore not a real dead pixel. Perhaps an update some day will cure this.
Does your pixel turn normal when you run the mouse over it?

BTW I am running OSX 10.3.8
Bstrgds, Rasmusnet

cuidado  (op)
May 5, 2005, 02:38 PM

hmmm.. i had the problem you had before, but not any longer in tiger (and some 10.3.9 versions either i think.

and yes, it does turn normal when i mouseover it. what causes this?

tooki
Admin Emeritus
May 5, 2005, 07:39 PM

If software can affect it, it's not a dead pixel. Does it show during the startup process (i.e. at the gray Apple logo)?

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules