Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > PS3, Wii or XB360

View Poll Results: Which ones would it have to be ?
Poll Options:
Sony PlayStation 3 203 votes (32.02%)
Nintendo Wii 329 votes (51.89%)
Microsoft XBox 360 213 votes (33.60%)
None 34 votes (5.36%)
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 634. You may not vote on this poll
PS3, Wii or XB360 (Page 172)
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 30, 2010, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
The same ESPN3 you get for free at ESPN3.com.
C'mon, dude. This is no different than Netflix or last.fm. Having it easily accessible is a huge boon.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Hilariously, I've never played one.
Not even Call of Duty 2? That's a shame.

$19.99 XBL Games on Demand, FWIW.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 30, 2010, 04:34 PM

Modern Warfare was my first CoD. It took 1 1/2 years and a lazy summer to get me to play it.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2010, 04:34 PM

C'mon, dude. This is no different than Netflix or last.fm. Having it easily accessible is a huge boon.
Yes it is...because Western consumers are suckers.

...says the guy who has bought about 300 game systems.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 30, 2010, 04:35 PM

Yes it is...because Western consumers are suckers.
Is there an easier and cheaper interface I can view ESPN 3 on? Please, elaborate.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2010, 05:00 PM

Is there an easier and cheaper interface I can view ESPN 3 on? Please, elaborate.
Without hooking up an existing computer to the TV? Nope. I'm just pointing out that it always sucks to pay for something that exists for free elsewhere.

ESPN3 is actually a huge reason I'm still excited about my 360's future, especially considering how many English Premier League games are on it now. I watch every Arsenal game that pops up on ESPN3 (usually the replay), and I've started hooking my MBP up to the Vizio via HDMI -> Mini Display converter to enjoy them. I do have to admit that the convenience factor of viewing it through XBL will be nice.

On a completely different note, I'm in love with Limbo. It's one of the only games that has caused my wife to inadvertently take a seat next to me and watch me play. Totally mesmerizing.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 30, 2010, 05:05 PM

Without hooking up an existing computer to the TV? Nope. I'm just pointing out that it always sucks to pay for something that exists for free elsewhere.

ESPN3 is actually a huge reason I'm still excited about my 360's future, especially considering how many English Premier League games are on it now. I watch every Arsenal game that pops up on ESPN3, and I've started hooking my MBP up to the Vizio via HDMI -> Mini Display converter to enjoy them. I do have to admit that the convenience factor of viewing it through XBL will be nice.
Before I got my Elite back fro RRoD I bought a refurb iMac to replace my aging intel. So I happily thought I might have a HTPC for my bedroom. Threw on Boxee, used the netflix app.

It sucked. Having a keyboard in bed was dumb. The Netflix app interface was terrible. When it was playing there was screen tearing.

This exactly why I got the Arcade. Yeah, I could get a Roku, but for $100 more I got so many more options (which now include ESPN3) and I can control it all with a normal remote.

In short, I win and you smell.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2010, 05:22 PM

Limbo was cool but way too short for $15 and the ending was abrupt and anti-climatic. I really liked the later levels (rotating & ant-gravity) but the game needed more creatures to battle against like the spider.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 30, 2010, 05:33 PM

Oh, I forgot: I'd really like to thank the ********** in redmond who thought having a 5 second audio Halo: Reach ad as default on spotlight was a good idea. That thing looped three times on startup before I had turn on the controller and change it so I didn't have to hear it while I went to piss.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2010, 05:46 PM

You can still hear that when you're pissing? Someone is overshooting the bowl.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 30, 2010, 05:49 PM

My Home Theater is my bathroom. Excellent acoustics.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2010, 05:51 PM

You're getting enhanced audio and ESPN3 in the fall.
They announced enhanced audio ahead of this though. And that's definitely not worth $10 a month. IDK what ESPN3 is, but I assume it has something to do with sports, which bore me.

However, if Hulu Plus turns out to be included for free in the fall, that'd be pretty cool and worth it to me.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Limbo was cool but way too short for $15 and the ending was abrupt and anti-climatic. I really liked the later levels (rotating & ant-gravity) but the game needed more creatures to battle against like the spider.
Thanks for the review. Looks like I'll wait for it to be the deal of the week or whatever.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 30, 2010, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
They announced enhanced audio ahead of this though. And that's definitely not worth $10 a month. IDK what ESPN3 is, but I assume it has something to do with sports, which bore me.
Yeah and if you don't use facebook, twitter, last.fm, and netflix it's waste too. I'm not looking to satisfy you, merely illustrate some value is included.

I imagine the Friend's list in due for expansion sooner than later too (for the psychos out there).

However, if Hulu Plus turns out to be included for free in the fall, that'd be pretty cool and worth it to me.
Doubtful, as that's mostly talking out of my ass.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2010, 06:08 PM

Yeah and if you don't use facebook, twitter, last.fm, and netflix it's waste too. I'm not looking to satisfy you, merely illustrate some value is included.
Those are more universally palatable features though. It's easier to sell that to a wider range of people than ESPN3.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 30, 2010, 06:09 PM

What are you thinking of?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2010, 06:42 PM

I'm thinking that if anything, LIVE should be going down

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2010, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Light spoilers.

Before I got my Elite back fro RRoD I bought a refurb iMac to replace my aging intel. So I happily thought I might have a HTPC for my bedroom. Threw on Boxee, used the netflix app.

It sucked. Having a keyboard in bed was dumb. The Netflix app interface was terrible. When it was playing there was screen tearing.
Using the iPad's remote trackpad app actually works. It's a separate purchase, but very nice. It's the set-up that sucks.

I've been turned off of Boxee for a long time now. I'm waiting for the iTV.

If not one bit of value is found in the Facebook, Twitter, Last.fm, Netflix, ESPN3 group, then the person scoffing just doesn't like digital media. The Twitter app is fairly useless, but the rest is really nice.

Doubtful, as that's mostly talking out of my ass.
I thought I was the one that smelled?

Those are more universally palatable features though. It's easier to sell that to a wider range of people than ESPN3.
18.7 million U.S. citizens watched this year's atrocious Game 7 between the Lakers/Celtics. There's going to be boatloads of people using ESPN3 on their 360s.

I'm thinking that if anything, LIVE should be going down
Anything but up.

$50 was really a perfect annual price point to advertise and maintain. Jacking it up, despite the added functionality and features, makes me wonder if MSoft is having trouble breaking even.

Probably too much invested into R&D for Kinect...

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2010, 10:36 PM

And that's definitely not worth $10 a month.
$10/year which equals $0.83/month which equals $0.02/day.

Seriously, are some of you guys that cheap? If it's a service you use and like, you'll pay for it. Yeah, you may not like the additions M$ is adding to Live, but it is what it is.

Did anyone else get an e-mail from Microsoft? It gave me an offer to get a discount on this year's renewal for $39.99 which I'm definitely taking advantage of.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 30, 2010, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
Seriously, are some of you guys that cheap? If it's a service you use and like, you'll pay for it. Yeah, you may not like the additions M$ is adding to Live, but it is what it is.
I'm cheap enough to complain about it, but not cheap enough to not pay for it.

As you said, it is what it is.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 30, 2010, 11:16 PM

Or the price went up by 20%. Pardon me if that catches my eye.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2010, 11:30 PM

Lock in your annual subscription for $39.99 before Nov 1

Mind you, it's only good for 1 year, then you'll pay the regular price of $59.99/year thereafter.

So really, if you save $10 this year and pay $10 more next year, it's like you won't have a rate increase for another 2 years.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2010, 11:36 PM

Or the price went up by 20%. Pardon me if that catches my eye.
When the price increase is that minimal over a year's time, looking at it from a perspective of a percentage increase doesn't really have that kind of devastating impact, IMO.

And you know what they say about opinions...

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 31, 2010, 09:38 AM

When the price increase is that minimal over a year's time, looking at it from a perspective of a percentage increase doesn't really have that kind of devastating impact, IMO.
I have to question anyone who uses the same logic as the people who want you to support a child in ethiopia to justify a price increase.

Using the iPad's remote trackpad app actually works. It's a separate purchase, but very nice. It's the set-up that sucks.
You're a strange duck. You just used a $500 separate purchase to make using an old iMac better than a $200 Arcade.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 31, 2010, 10:31 AM

I have to question anyone who uses the same logic as the people who want you to support a child in ethiopia to justify a price increase.

You're a strange duck. You just used a $500 separate purchase to make using an old iMac better than a $200 Arcade.
I'm not suggesting anyone buy an iPad for that functionality, but it's a nice discovery for anyone that has already bought one.
( Last edited by Jawbone54; Aug 31, 2010 at 10:39 AM. )

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 31, 2010, 10:48 AM

Rumor: Microsoft prepping new Xbox 360 controller with improved d-pad for the holidays | Joystiq
I'd say why one of life's greatest mysteries is why there's never (or almost never) been a D-Pad where the four directions were separate buttons, but I suspect the answer lies in cost to manufacture.

Grand Theft Auto IV Looks Great As A First-Person Shooter
Can't view it at work but the frame displayed is awesome outright.

What Are These Wii Remote Accessories For?
A new use for the Wii you bought at your girlfriend's behest.

What Do Game Developers Know About Real Guns?

The History of Headshots, Gaming's Favorite Act Of Unreal Violence
Unsurprisingly GoldenEye takes a prominent role here.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2010, 10:55 AM

Rumor: Microsoft prepping new Xbox 360 controller with improved d-pad for the holidays | Joystiq
I'd say why one of life's greatest mysteries is why there's never (or almost never) been a D-Pad where the four directions were separate buttons, but I suspect the answer lies in cost to manufacture.
The other great mystery being why Microsoft couldn't work this out to release it with the 360 slim...

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 31, 2010, 12:22 PM

So, is there any chance this is some kind of reaction to Sony's PSN Plus? It seems retarded to raise the price in a down economy, but Sony has said they've gotten better than expected numbers from their optional $50 service, so is MS thinking "****, gold is practically necessity on our system, we should definitely charge more"? (So much for competition causing better pricing)

Also, some people on Major Nelson's blog proposed adding a third tier to XBOX LIve subscriptions. Basically, Gold would become $29 online-play only and a a new platinum subscription would offer everything gold does now (at the same price).

Brien
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by ajprice View Post
The other great mystery being why Microsoft couldn't work this out to release it with the 360 slim...
Because MS is stupid and is probably going to sell this as a "Controller S Pro".

And I think there should be a third tier. I don't use ESPN, Netflix or any of that stuff.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 31, 2010, 12:39 PM

Apparently its for easier use for fighters. So that could be the case...

Edit: Ooo, monochrome.

Microsoft Reveals New 360 Controller With Transforming D-Pad
As Major Nelson demonstrates in the video below, users can change the new Xbox 360 controller's directional pad from a flat surface to an actual raised d-pad with a twist of the base. One second it's flat, the next it's beautifully raised, perfect for performing quarter-circles until the cows come home.

Brien
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2010, 12:42 PM

I seriously hope that's just a limited edition color scheme or something. Axing the colored buttons is a stupid move.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 31, 2010, 12:54 PM

It's only available as part of a $65 play-and-charge kit bundle that comes out Nov. 9. Booooo. Even the other improvements, like comfier triggers, don't add up to that kind of value in a forced bundle. That said, it seems like we won't see this in other controllers—Major Nelson mentions that Microsoft has patented the crap out of it.
MS really likes deliberate fragmentation of their products.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2010, 01:36 PM

Was there ever a 360 fat in silver? Or will this controller match nothing except that Halo 360 slim that makes sound effects on pressing the power button or DVD eject?

Oh and yes, dumping the coloured buttons is stupid.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 31, 2010, 10:52 PM

Count me in on the "losing the colored buttons is stupid" opinion. Most games use button prompts (especially sports games), and they're so easily identifiable because of those colors. Dumb.

Separate note: I put my money where my mouth is today and bought the CoD War Collection (CoD 2, CoD 3, and World at War).

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2010, 12:32 AM

Did anyone else get an e-mail from Microsoft? It gave me an offer to get a discount on this year's renewal for $39.99 which I'm definitely taking advantage of.
Oh, right.

No, $10 a year isn't huge. But it's a mental thing. Such as why the iPad is $499 not $510. Or any other product. $49 a year seems easily attainable because it's under $50. But $59 is a whole different story.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 1, 2010, 10:20 AM

Oh, right.

No, $10 a year isn't huge. But it's a mental thing. Such as why the iPad is $499 not $510. Or any other product. $49 a year seems easily attainable because it's under $50. But $59 is a whole different story.
I finally firgured out why this makes no ****ing sense (and what MS is probably doing).

The Family plan was announced earlier this summer - $100 for 4 Gold accounts. That means, in bulk, MS views a Gold account as being worth $25, half what a single subscriber pays. This was shocking as its a stunningly good deal. Now MS raises the single account by 20%. The only logic I can see behind it is to either make the Family plan look even better in comparison (for those people they're trying lure with the Kinect) or (more likely) they're goading gamers into paying $40 to get the better deal (I imagine the actual cost to them for maintaining a Gold account or 4 is laughingly low).

While most of us here wouldn't see the point in having multiple Gold accounts, one of first things I learned in Halo was some people (kids) go through/use multiple accounts frequently.

So there you have my best guess. It's ploy to upsell the Family plan.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 1, 2010, 10:22 AM

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 1, 2010, 12:23 PM

I finally firgured out why this makes no ****ing sense (and what MS is probably doing).

The Family plan was announced earlier this summer - $100 for 4 Gold accounts. That means, in bulk, MS views a Gold account as being worth $25, half what a single subscriber pays. This was shocking as its a stunningly good deal. Now MS raises the single account by 20%. The only logic I can see behind it is to either make the Family plan look even better in comparison (for those people they're trying lure with the Kinect) or (more likely) they're goading gamers into paying $40 to get the better deal (I imagine the actual cost to them for maintaining a Gold account or 4 is laughingly low).

While most of us here wouldn't see the point in having multiple Gold accounts, one of first things I learned in Halo was some people (kids) go through/use multiple accounts frequently.

Pachter disagrees with me:
Pachter: Xbox Live to get $100 Platinum service - Destructoid
“The extra $10 translates to around $100 -- 150 million per year in additional revenue for Microsoft,” says the bottersnike. “I think that they will reinvest at least this much in developing other new applications, and will roll out a premium service with $100-200 million worth of enhancements. If they can get 2 million users to switch from the $60 plan to the $100 plan, they’ll make an extra $80 million a year, and can keep investing to try to grow that business.

“... For all I know, the Platinum plan might include virtual goods credits for various Microsoft games. If members could get specialized Halo armor or weapons worth the extra $40, they might be more willing to sign up, and it doesn’t really cost Microsoft anything to offer things like that ... I think that the possibilities are limitless, although it’s a bit early to speculate on what precisely they will offer."
If anything, I think he has it backwards. Raising the price of Gold leaves room for a tier underneath it. Having two $100 plans, one platinum, one quad gold seems... bizarre.

If they introduce I "lite" multi-only plan, however, that would make sense as MS could devalue the Family plan by making part or all of it these lesser plans.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 1, 2010, 03:29 PM

Does this mean Gold will eventually be play-only?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 1, 2010, 03:30 PM

It's a prediction. If I recall Pachter correctly, he doesn't use inside info. Which is why he sounds like an idiot frequently.

Brien
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2010, 08:57 PM

Pachter is never right. I think there's room for a tier above gold, but I think the price of gold is a bit much. Drop gold to $30/yr and have it be online play only, rename the current $60/yr plan to Platinum.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Sep 2, 2010, 01:10 AM

NBA2K11 - Endorsements

As surmised, 2K Sports is upping the role-playing aspect in the second year of its "My Player" singleplayer career mode. Two screens and a quick comment today say your player will get endorsement opportunities if he becomes a big enough star.

"Become a star in My Player mode and you'll get sponsorships from iconic brands," 2K wrote on the game's official Facebook page. "What sponsor would you most like to have? Jordan Brand? Gatorade? Sprite? 2K Sports?"

The screens show a billboard appearance for the created player (above), and an endorsement offer letter signed by Michael Jordan (at bottom), who appears prominently throughout the game.

Earlier this week, NBA 2K11 revealed "My Player" would have post-game news conferences, plus custom sneaker designs and now this. It's not explicitly said if all three are connected, or how they would be, but it again points to a greater emphasis on role-playing and off-the-court elements.
I'm loving all of the RPG elements being added into NBA 2K11. Add that onto the Jordan career span mode, and I'm getting very close to being giddy.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 2, 2010, 08:28 AM

I wonder if you could control iTunes 10 remotely with it.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 2, 2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Brien View Post
Pachter is never right. I think there's room for a tier above gold, but I think the price of gold is a bit much. Drop gold to $30/yr and have it be online play only, rename the current $60/yr plan to Platinum.
I dunno, I can't figure out why you'd announce a price increase separate from such a scenario, given all the hate it invites.

Anyway, it would make more sense (since Gold is now $60)to make the online only tier Silver, and downgrade all those ****s to "Bronze" status, because no one cares what they think anyway.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Sep 2, 2010, 11:09 AM

I think Engadget had quipped that this deal made the Family plan look cheap, and when considering your theory, it makes a lot of sense now. Microsoft has some weird ideas...

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 2, 2010, 11:26 AM

Yes, their peripheral pricing scheme screams weird ideas.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 3, 2010, 12:19 PM

Friday News: Ban Edition

Video Game Pulled Globally From Military Stores Over Taliban Inclusion
The Army and Air Force Exchange Services has confirmed to Kotaku that they requested the game pulled from the 49 GameStop's located on bases in the continent U.S. The ban, an AAFES representative told Kotaku, also extends to all military PXs worldwide.

In an email to employees, GameStop says the decision was made "out of respect for our past and present men and women in uniform."

"GameStop has agreed out of respect for our past and present men and women in uniform we will not carry Medal of Honor in any of our AAFES based stores...," the email, obtained by Kotaku, reads. "As such, GameStop agreed to have all marketing material pulled by noon today and to stop taking reservations. Customers who enter our AAFES stores and wish to reserve Medal of Honor can and should be directed to the nearest GameStop location off base.

PX Commanding General Explains Global Ban on Medal of Honor Game
"Out of respect to those we serve, we will not be stocking this game," the Army & Air Force Exchange Service's Commander Maj. Gen. Bruce Casella, told Kotaku. "We regret any inconvenience this may cause authorized shoppers, but are optimistic that they will understand the sensitivity to the life and death scenarios this product presents as entertainment. As a military command with a retail mission, we serve a very unique customer base that has, or possibly will, witness combat in real life."

Airman Defends Military's Video Game Sales Ban
The difference between this game and other military shooters is that it is real and it is current. Fictional games are really no different than a summer blockbuster, and games set in real conflicts have always had at least a generation of buffer space between participants and audience. I wholeheartedly believe that Danger Close went to great lengths to make the singleplayer respectful. I appreciate the effort. The problem is that multiplayer can't have that redeeming effect that story provides. It's just a name change from CoD's "OpFor" to Taliban, but that can be enough.

Army Vet Insulted By Military's Video Game Sales Ban
Electronic Arts has been marketing Medal of Honor from the start as a game seeking to honor the military through authenticity. Now, the things I could pick apart there could easily fill another column, but one fact remains: the opponent there, in Afghanistan, is the Taliban. In WWII games you fight against, or AS in multiplayer, Nazis or Japanese forces. In a game set in the modern era on a modern battlefield, it then follows that the opposing force would be the modern enemy. This makes sense, and this is far from the first time that you can play as the bad guys, realistic or no, in a game, let alone in a shooter.
---

Original GoldenEye Dev Has A Slight Issue With Remake
"I imagine it is a business decision isn't it?", HOllis told Official Nintendo Magazine. "This name is valuable, let's use it. I find it hard to picture Activision's top management being excited about the original and wanting to do it justice. In fact, I find it hard to imagine them being excited about any game. It's my perception that they are trying to be EA, only more so. I think they are doing a fine job at that."

and, oh yeah, another original game coming to the Wii.
Report: Wii Getting Super Mario All-Stars

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 3, 2010, 01:31 PM

Duke Nukem Forever being completed by Gearbox, expected next year | Joystiq
It's finally, really, actually ... maybe going to happen at this point. The rumors are true: Gearbox Software and 2K Games have taken on the Herculean task of completing and releasing 3D Realms' unfinished Duke Nukem Forever. The project was officially unveiled today at PAX during a livestreamed presentation at the 2K Games booth.

Gearbox began finishing Duke Nukem Forever in late 2009, according to The Wall Street Journal, which cites both 2010 and "next year" as expected release dates for the game. "Clearly the game hadn't been finished at 3D Realms but a lot of content had been created," Gearbox president Randy Pitchford told WSJ.

"We're in the polishing phase now. This is a game where we can not make a promise we can not fulfill," Pitchford added. "We need to get past the shock and awe and then we can go to all the retailers and first parties and work out a launch plan."
The end is nigh.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 3, 2010, 05:24 PM

The dude that pre-ordered the game back in 2001 must be excited.

http://obnoxiousgamer.files.wordpres...er-receipt.png

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 7, 2010, 10:01 AM

Watch A PS3 Get Cracked By Two Mobile Phones And A Calculator
In these videos, you'll see variants of the PSGroove being run on the Nokia N900, a Palm Pre and, most awesome of all, a TI-84 Plus calculator.

PS3 Firmware 3.42 mandatory update available now | Joystiq
Are there any console updates that aren't mandatory?

Fable Creator, Rare Wanted Kinect To Have A Controller
"We were absolutely adamant that we needed a button, something with haptic feedback, that would initiate an action" Rare's George Andreas told Edge magazine. "It took a long time - we threw some prototypes together and then we saw you didn't need one."

"We were very vocal to Kudo [Tsunoda, Kinect lead] at the time, and Peter Molyneux was as well, that you needed something in your hand."

Nintendo's Next Console Will Leave You With Your Mouth Open
"At Nintendo we always have the obligation to surprise users with a new game console," Sakamoto told website 3D Juegos in a recent interview. "We have never done what others have. We prefer to create something new that catches attention, and I think this will continue this time as well. Surely the new Nintendo machine will leave you all with your mouth open."

Last year, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata stressed the importance of surprising people with the new Nintendo console — more importantly, Iwata mentioned how it was important for Nintendo to include "meaningful" surprises for consumers. "As for timing," Iwata said at the time, "it may be three years from now, five years from now or eight years from now."

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...e-screens.aspx

Who the hell designs fake hands with fingernails?! (nice graphics tho)

Forum Links
Forum Rules