Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Changing the default font sizes

Changing the default font sizes
ehmunro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2002, 02:05 PM

In OS 9, one simply used the appearance manager to change the default font and font size, a feature that is absent from X. One of the employees here has some vision problems, and I need to increase the font size, and simply changing the resolution won't work. I need to change the font sizes. We have switched him back to 9 for the convenience of larger fonts, anyone know how to do this in X?

Boochie
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 18, 2002, 02:34 PM

You can change the font size in the Finder with the View Options panel (type command-J in a Finder window to select prefs globally or or on a window-by-window basis). Download Tinkertool (look for it at www.versiontracker.com) to change default system and application fonts. Note that this will have no effect on the menu font, which will still be 13 point Lucida Grande. Also, individual applications may or many not respect the preferences thus chosen.

Originally posted by ehmunro:
In OS 9, one simply used the appearance manager to change the default font and font size, a feature that is absent from X. One of the employees here has some vision problems, and I need to increase the font size, and simply changing the resolution won't work. I need to change the font sizes. We have switched him back to 9 for the convenience of larger fonts, anyone know how to do this in X?

Forum Links
Forum Rules