Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > So, you're an ugly little geek...

So, you're an ugly little geek...
Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 11:39 AM

...and you're feeling sorry for yourself because you can't get laid.

Have a read of this and stop being a pussy.

Score! to the gent in question.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2010, 12:48 PM

"Maybe we should chug on over to namby-pamby land where maybe we can find some self-confidence for you, you jack wagon!"

That guy does not have a confidence problem.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2010, 05:43 PM

Sounds like his adopted mum should be given a medal.

reader50
Administrator
Nov 18, 2010, 06:13 PM

Him getting a girl means the genetic defect will be passed on. His kids will thank him, and especially thank their mom.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2010, 06:16 PM

What's important here is appreciating someone's inner beauty and focusing less on physical appearan... AND HEY! Check it out, he bagged a total hottie! Nice one dude! SCORE!

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
What's important here is appreciating someone's inner beauty and focusing less on physical appearan...
What are we? Communists? That kind of shizz ain't important at all.

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
AND HEY! Check it out, he bagged a total hottie! Nice one dude! SCORE!
That's the important thing. If he can bag a hottie, so can you ugly little geeks out there in geek land.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2010, 06:40 PM

There is clearly a market inefficiency with respect to hotties.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 19, 2010, 07:36 AM

You all seem to be missing the fact that he scored a hawt 16-year-old.

Perv.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 19, 2010, 08:42 AM

The parallels to 'Joe Dirt' are remarkable.

I'm glad he found his way toward self-confidence, love, and success. Though... I wonder about the wisdom of having the same exact hairstyle as your mate. Odd that.
ebuddy

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
In the UK, its legal to have sex with a 16 year old. IIRC in Florida it was considered rape, even if she concented.

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2010, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
So, the gent is due some bonus points!

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2010, 07:35 PM

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Nov 19, 2010, 08:26 PM

Person Man
Professional Poster
Nov 19, 2010, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by iLikebeer View Post
Your definition of "hotness" might differ from others.

The first girl in that link you gave is Courtney. She is a webmodel known as PlumpPrincess. Google her, if you dare.

But yes, the guy in the original story definitely scored what most would consider a total hottie. But I can't comment on her too much, as she's 16 and I live in the U.S. Plus, my tastes run more along the lines of Courtney.

Besides, Courtney is a poor example of a MySpace shot anyway. A much better example is Pearchan

NOTE: The Pearchan article I linked to is pretty safe to visit, but while on that page, DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OTHER LINKS!
( Last edited by Person Man; Nov 20, 2010 at 04:56 PM. )

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2010, 10:21 PM

He'll be dump the second he starts losing his hair.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 20, 2010, 06:36 AM

But yes, the guy in the original story definitely scored what most would consider a total hottie. But I can't comment on her too much, as she's 16 and I live in the U.S.
No, she’s 20 now. She was 16 when they met, four years ago.

hayesk
Nov 20, 2010, 01:00 PM

Wow, what an incredibly shallow article, but then I suppose the people in it are trying to appeal to shallow people.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 20, 2010, 01:56 PM

oh dear.. g-ds....... do NOT click the falling apart link in the below linked article.

Originally Posted by Person Man View Post
Your definition of "hotness" might differ from others.

The first girl in that link you gave is Courtney. She is a webmodel known as PlumpPrincess. Google her, if you dare.

But yes, the guy in the original story definitely scored what most would consider a total hottie. But I can't comment on her too much, as she's 16 and I live in the U.S. Plus, my tastes run more along the lines of Courtney.

Besides, Courtney is a poor example of a MySpace shot anyway. A much better example is Pearchan

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 20, 2010, 02:02 PM

^ I can only second that. For the record, and for those who are curious, it links to a page filled with very disgusting and NSFW (or rather, NSFA) pictures of scat sex, bloody entrails, and lots of other things that I didn’t take the time to examine before scrolling past it and closing the page.

Person Man
Professional Poster
Nov 20, 2010, 04:53 PM

Wait, what? Not in the Pearchan article I linked to. Does Encyclopedia Dramatica have questionable advertising in other places? I can assure you that there is none of that in the link that I posted, at least when I visit it.

Oh, wait. You clicked on another link to another part of Encyclopedia Dramatica? Good lord, WHY??

At any rate, I've edited my original post to warn people not to click any links away from the page I linked to.

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Nov 20, 2010, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by hayesk View Post
Wow, what an incredibly shallow article, but then I suppose the people in it are trying to appeal to shallow people.
I hope you weren't expecting anything classy clicking on a link with the word 'myspace' in it while browsing a thread titled 'So, you're an ugly little geek...'

It's not exactly shallow, it's a warning. It's from a dating website. It's warning people that there are those that would misrepresent themselves. Seeing a girl with a great rack, getting her home, and seeing it's a pushup bra can be a bit of a letdown, but not a big deal. Now imagine going to meet a girl on a date and you expect the first picture, but get the second. I'd be pissed. When it comes to dating, you want to be with someone you're attracted to. Those pictures aren't misrepresentations, they're flat out lies. Attractiveness can come from personality, looks, sense of humor...whatever. But if you're not attracted to someone, you're not attracted to someone. Shallow? I don't think so.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 21, 2010, 06:33 AM

^Indeed. It's easy to take a holier-than-thou stance on this type of thing when you haven't had to put up with it. I went on one MySpace date and it was the last.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2010, 09:37 AM

^^ You agree to meet the girl and communicate clothing choices to identify one another. You tell her you'll be wearing the brown shirt and she'll be wearing blue. When you walk in with your red shirt on, identify the girl in blue to determine if you'll need to quickly change into the brown shirt or run for your life.
ebuddy

hayesk
Nov 21, 2010, 09:41 AM

I hope you weren't expecting anything classy clicking on a link with the word 'myspace' in it while browsing a thread titled 'So, you're an ugly little geek...'

It's not exactly shallow, it's a warning. It's from a dating website. It's warning people that there are those that would misrepresent themselves. Seeing a girl with a great rack, getting her home, and seeing it's a pushup bra can be a bit of a letdown, but not a big deal. Now imagine going to meet a girl on a date and you expect the first picture, but get the second. I'd be pissed. When it comes to dating, you want to be with someone you're attracted to. Those pictures aren't misrepresentations, they're flat out lies. Attractiveness can come from personality, looks, sense of humor...whatever. But if you're not attracted to someone, you're not attracted to someone. Shallow? I don't think so.
I don't disagree with the fact that you shouldn't force your self to date someone you are attracted to, but I do disagree with your assessment of the article and of the point I was trying to make. The article portrays these women as being so much more deceitful than anyone else who posts their picture or myspace or whereever. Just read this quote:
Photography-savvy young ladies are utilizing crafty camera angles and even photo software to weave a type of black magic onto their likenesses that would rival even the most forgiving Glamour Shots photographers of the old days. These crafty ladies will bend and conform themselves precariously to just the right position to hide those multiple chins, unsightly bulges, and possibly even hooves in the attempt to rope in unsuspecting victims across the World Wide Web.
Oh please - everyone, men, and women, will post pics of themselves to make themselves look their best. They are no more flat out lies than wearing makeup or, to use your example, a push-up bra. Do you think more attractive people don't consider the pictures they post of themselves either?

The other factor you aren't considering is that some people just aren't as photogenic as others. There can be photos that make people look better than real life, as this article suggests, but don't forget there are pictures that make people look worse than they do in real life. So a girl who normally takes bad pictures finds one that makes her look good - of course she should use it. Wouldn't you?

And isn't it just as deceitful as attractive people acting nice on their web page but are really a b*tch in real life? How many are completely honest before getting that first date?

Bottom line, this article is a "warning" for shallow people looking to find "hot" women to date based entirely on photographs. If you make a date with one of these women, and aren't attracted to her at the end of the date, then move on. No biggie. But don't try to put blame on these "evil, deceitful" women, they're just playing the same dating game that both men and women have cultivated.

Goldfinger
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2010, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
^Indeed. It's easy to take a holier-than-thou stance on this type of thing when you haven't had to put up with it. I went on one MySpace date and it was the last.
Indeed, personality isn't everything. Looks matter, very much so. You don't "see" the personality at first. There ARE people who really see beyond all the uglyness, and I admire that. Very much so. But I don't believe that most people are capable of doing so. Physical attraction is every bit as important as everything else. I'm not saying that only "babes" are worthy of my attention, because that's not true. I'm not Mister Universe but come on. But I'm not going to walk up to a girl in a bar if she's physically completely unattractive.

iMac 20" C2D 2.16 | Acer Aspire One | Flickr

hayesk
Nov 21, 2010, 09:53 AM

^Indeed. It's easy to take a holier-than-thou stance on this type of thing when you haven't had to put up with it.
What's holier than thou is writing an article blaming the women for it, when it's the men who are judging women by their online picture. Both are responsible for cultivating this behaviour.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 21, 2010, 09:58 AM

What's holier than thou is writing an article blaming the women for it, when it's the men who are judging women by their online picture. Both are responsible for cultivating this behaviour.
Consider the source here. The article is deliberately sarcastic and exaggerated. If anything, it’s depicting guys as stupid and desperate, seeing a pretty face/chest and immediately losing all self control and logical thought, while women are smart enough to know how to take advantage of their assets.

There’s nothing holier-than-thou about the article. It might be dickish and offensive, but it’s not holier-than-thou.

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2010, 10:51 AM

Nice try Pear chan!

Doofy  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2010, 11:50 AM

Here be the method for testing before investing:
She's a MySpace ho, right? So she likes taking pictures of herself.
Before meeting, you request photos of her in specific stances... ...for example, a full length shot with her holding a banana* in her left hand*.
This method filters out both the fatties and the "identical twin sister of Jessica Alba" crowd.

This, of course, doesn't filter out mental cases. But you met her on MySpace so assume the worst.

(* Vary which hand everyday objects are in. Banana left hand. Hairbrush right hand. Etc.)

savvy.gaile
Baninated
Nov 22, 2010, 11:10 PM

Well good for him, it's nice to know there are
people who look past a person's looks. Personally
I can't do that. I cannot take waking up to that each
morning. I hope someday I won't be so superficial.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2010, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by savvy.gaile View Post
I hope someday I won't be so superficial.
It's only a matter of time. Once you're dead, you'll go real deep

-t

Phileas
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2010, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
you request photos

Forum Links
Forum Rules