Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Help! MPEG 2 MOV

Help! MPEG 2 MOV
Shadow_X
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2002, 11:22 AM

Does anyone know where I can download software to convert MPEGs to MOV files? Please!

Also, looking 4 software to convert AVIs with WMA audio to MOV format...
( Last edited by Shadow_X; Nov 24, 2002 at 11:39 AM. )

lucylawless
Mac Elite
Location: adrift in a sea of decadent luxury and meaningless sex
Nov 24, 2002, 06:08 PM

Originally posted by Shadow_X:
Does anyone know where I can download software to convert MPEGs to MOV files? Please!
To what end? You can simply open an mpeg in Quicktime Player Pro and save it, and it will be a quicktime movie with an mpeg track. But there's not much advantage to that. If you want to edit an mpeg, you need to export to a different format from the File menu (for free you can use MediaPipe to convert almost any format to any other). To get the audio, you have to demux (bbDemux is a good app), and convert to mp3 or aiff in iTunes (change the name to something.mp2, delete the type/creator codes if any). You can recombine the audio and video in QTPro with the Add command in the Edit menu. Out-of-Sync issues (there shouldn't be any, but you never know) can be fixed with Sync-Hole.

Also, looking 4 software to convert AVIs with WMA audio to MOV format...
Divx Doctor II is perfect, but you have to run in classic for WMA. For an OS X only solution, I understand Audion can convert WMA, but I don't know how. ffmpegX 0.0.4g can convert wma audio, but it seems to screw up the framerate of the video, which can be fixed in Sync-Hole, but you'll be stuck with a mov file (not avi).
blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. the X makes it sound cool

Shadow_X  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2002, 02:31 AM

thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules