Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > BMW FILMS and extraction

BMW FILMS and extraction
imacman11
Dec 5, 2002, 07:23 PM

I love the BMW films (go to bmwfilms.com if you haven't seen them). But they come in a customized .mov window and I can't get just the movie... I want to put them onto a DVD for personal use and enjoyment, but I can't get them into iDVD or DVD SP and I can't resave them or export them in QTP... So... is there any way? I'd appreciate it.

CIA
Mac Elite
Dec 6, 2002, 10:10 AM

I ran into the same problem, lucky for me my DirecTivo has been picking them up over the satellite. I've just been dubbing them off that. I would love to know how to extract them from the .mov files as well....

lucylawless
Mac Elite
Location: adrift in a sea of decadent luxury and meaningless sex
Dec 6, 2002, 12:45 PM

yeah, after playing with one sample (the devil one) I believe the copy protection bit has been set, and since basically all multimedia programs on macos use the qt framework, and the qt framework honors this copy protection, your only option will be to re-capture it somehow. I would try playing it fullscreen out to a camera or capture card and recapturing from another computer
blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. the X makes it sound cool

buddhabelly
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 6, 2002, 11:30 PM

I just wanted to say that the BMW films will be playing (actually are right now) on TechTV so if you can capture from digital cable or sat.

Also DirecTV was playing them in a loop on channel 366 I think. Not now though.

Bravo channel is also featuring one per week.

I'm sure they will be replayed, especially TechTV

Forum Links
Forum Rules