Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Ipod Mini and Regular Ipod

Ipod Mini and Regular Ipod
Spaceboy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2004, 01:01 AM

I have a quick question, sorry if this has been asked somewhere else, I didn't notice it..

I currently have a 20 gig ipod. I'm wanting to get an ipod mini for my gf, and would like to sync it on my machine for her (she doesn't have a computer).

So does itunes support multiple ipods? How can I sync to hers, when my itunes folder is much larger the the mini holds.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
i don't post much because i like to
watch, read, learn, contemplate the
many random e-thoughts on this MB.

DaedalusDX
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 21, 2004, 01:16 AM

Originally posted by Spaceboy:
I have a quick question, sorry if this has been asked somewhere else, I didn't notice it..

I currently have a 20 gig ipod. I'm wanting to get an ipod mini for my gf, and would like to sync it on my machine for her (she doesn't have a computer).

So does itunes support multiple ipods? How can I sync to hers, when my itunes folder is much larger the the mini holds.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
By default, the iPod Mini will attempt to sync songs onto the iPod Mini, preferring songs you have higher play counts on.

Otherwise, you can always set up the iPod mini to synchronize only specific playlists instead of the entire library.

iTunes has always had the support for multiple iPods. This is because the information that handles syncing resides on the iPod itself, and not on your computer.

Spaceboy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2004, 02:46 AM

Originally posted by DaedalusDX:
Otherwise, you can always set up the iPod mini to synchronize only specific playlists instead of the entire library.
Oh really. Thanks for the good advice. Can you tell me how to do this, or point me in the right direction. Thanks.
i don't post much because i like to
watch, read, learn, contemplate the
many random e-thoughts on this MB.

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 23, 2004, 05:44 PM

Originally posted by Spaceboy:
Oh really. Thanks for the good advice. Can you tell me how to do this, or point me in the right direction. Thanks.
When you plug the iPod in. You can click on the prefs for the iPod and enable which playlist you would like.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Forum Links
Forum Rules