Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > [ANN] Tag 1.1 Released

[ANN] Tag 1.1 Released
iOliverC
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2004, 08:15 AM

Hey guys,

Just a note to say that Tag 1.1 has been released, this is a big update with tons of fixes/additions.

Also, the price has been lowered from $19.95 to $9.95 for the first 50 sales of 1.1, so buy now and save $10.

To view the release notes please visit:

http://www.talacia.com/downloads/ReleaseNotes.html

Here is a brief overview of what's new:

New Snippets Interface
Search Field For PHP & MySQL Manuals
Auto Complete Fixes
Live Preview Fixes
Help Files
Assistants
Insert Menu's
Polish

And plenty more. To find out more about Tag, please visit:

http://www.talacia.com

Hope you like it.

Thanks,
Oliver

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Aug 2, 2004, 09:37 AM

And of course I'm at work on a PC...will take a look when I get home though. Sounds pretty nifty though!

crystalthunder
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 2, 2004, 01:20 PM

I like the update, but my biggest gripe w/ the software is it's poor (at least on my system) undo support. If I hit undo a couple times the program totally jarbles up whatever section of the code I was working on. Anybody else have this problem?
15" PowerBook G4 1.5 GHZ w/ 128MB VRAM
512MB DDR SDRAM 1 SODIMM
80GB 5400 RPM HD
Mac OS X 10.3.4

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2004, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by crystalthunder:
I like the update, but my biggest gripe w/ the software is it's poor (at least on my system) undo support. If I hit undo a couple times the program totally jarbles up whatever section of the code I was working on. Anybody else have this problem?
This is known, I plan to rewrite Tag (and thus fix undo) in 1.5.

Thanks,
Oliver

crystalthunder
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 2, 2004, 01:58 PM

Sweetness.
15" PowerBook G4 1.5 GHZ w/ 128MB VRAM
512MB DDR SDRAM 1 SODIMM
80GB 5400 RPM HD
Mac OS X 10.3.4

120db
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 2, 2004, 04:11 PM

is 1.5 going to be a free upgrade and will it have the tabs feature and the indenting command? if so i might go ahead and try to get in on the $10 deal

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Aug 2, 2004, 04:20 PM

I know you can insert the DOCTYPE for a file, but can you add something to add the correct encoding as well? I forgot to add that to one of my pages and when I went to validate the page, the error came up for the ecoding. No biggie since I had it elsewhere, but it would be nice to have that added somehow

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2004, 04:37 PM

Originally posted by 120db:
is 1.5 going to be a free upgrade and will it have the tabs feature and the indenting command? if so i might go ahead and try to get in on the $10 deal
Yep, as usual with shareware (I believe) all future updates will be free (including 2.0 etc).

Also, what do you mean by indenting command? If you mean Shift Left and Shift Right thats already in 1.1.

Hope that helps,
Oliver

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2004, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by OptimusG4:
I know you can insert the DOCTYPE for a file, but can you add something to add the correct encoding as well? I forgot to add that to one of my pages and when I went to validate the page, the error came up for the ecoding. No biggie since I had it elsewhere, but it would be nice to have that added somehow
Encoding huh, Its added to my 1.5 list . Just a note, this is how it currently looks:

http://www.talacia.com/plan.jpg

Its just a rough outline, some of the stuff won't make it in.

Just a note to all those saying "WHERES XCODE PROJECTS IDIOT!?!?!", thats saved for 2.0. Its a huge undertaking and will probably be the only big thing in 2.0.

Thanks,
Oliver

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Aug 3, 2004, 10:29 AM

I would hold off on the snippets rewrite for version 2 or later, since you did an overhaul already it seems. Other than that, looks good for the 1.5 roadmap
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

mcahill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2004, 11:15 AM

I know this is a horrible question, but when can we expect version 1.5? Ballpark figures are totally acceptable.

(Man I wish I would have held off buying this a little longer, I could have had half off!)
15" PowerBook G4 1.5 GHZ w/ 128MB VRAM - 1GB DDR SDRAM - 80GB 5400 RPM HD - Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 4, 2004, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by mcahill:
I know this is a horrible question, but when can we expect version 1.5? Ballpark figures are totally acceptable.

(Man I wish I would have held off buying this a little longer, I could have had half off!)
I hate this bit , I'd say 2-3 months probably. Maybe less, maybe more. Sorry to be so vague.

Thanks,
Oliver

Holigen
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2004, 08:57 PM

Great update as usual. One thing that I found though was that even though Shift Left and Shift Right are in there, some people are more used to Cmd ] and Cmd [. Maybe make it an option?

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 5, 2004, 06:36 AM

Originally posted by Holigen:
Great update as usual. One thing that I found though was that even though Shift Left and Shift Right are in there, some people are more used to Cmd ] and Cmd [. Maybe make it an option?
I will change this in 1.5

Thanks,
Oliver

mcahill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 11, 2004, 02:20 AM

I think something really important (and easy to implement) would be support for John Gruber's SmartyPants BBEdit plugin. That would definitely benefit many web developers and can't be too hard to add.
15" PowerBook G4 1.5 GHZ w/ 128MB VRAM - 1GB DDR SDRAM - 80GB 5400 RPM HD - Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

torifile
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2004, 06:35 AM

I bought the app yesterday and I like it a lot. My only complaint is the auto-complete when I'm *not* entering syntax. Maybe a smarter auto-complete that only tries to complete after an "<"? This way, not every single word I type would be attempted. Just my 2�.

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2004, 09:16 AM

Originally posted by torifile:
I bought the app yesterday and I like it a lot. My only complaint is the auto-complete when I'm *not* entering syntax. Maybe a smarter auto-complete that only tries to complete after an "<"? This way, not every single word I type would be attempted. Just my 2�.
This is how it works for most Auto Complete styles. If your using plain XHTML, it only completes inside <. If you use the XHTML and CSS one, it completes everywhere. You can change this by editing the style, 2 keys should be at the bottom of the plist, 'AutoCompleteStart' and 'AutoCompleteFinish'. If you require any help with this, I'll provide a more detailed description how to edit/create your own Auto Complete style.

Thanks,
Oliver

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2004, 09:18 AM

I think something really important (and easy to implement) would be support for John Gruber's SmartyPants BBEdit plugin. That would definitely benefit many web developers and can't be too hard to add.
Hmm, I'll give him an email. Seems its closed source right now.

Thanks,
Oliver

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2004, 09:29 AM

While I'm here, I might aswell show you the progress I have been making on 1.5:

Firstly, the split view is going, and is replaced by a more Xcode like Aqua Bar, where various controls can reside:

Aqua Bar Screenshot

Next up is the Inspectors, these are the same Inspectors used by OmniGraffle, and they will house things like the Insert menus, table generator etc etc:

Inspectors Screenshot

I've also been working on Live Preview, adding various enhancements. the biggest is the rendering of PHP, as seen below. Also little adjustments, like a keystroke to preview in default browser. And instead of empty cache by pressing reload, you now do it by a separate button.

Live Preview Screenshot

One last thing , I've been working on implementing HTMLTidy into Tag too. Its going good, not much to see at the moment .

Also, don't be put off by the appearance of each screenshot. When released it'll all be integrated with possibly new icons.

Thanks,
Oliver

mcahill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 30, 2004, 03:57 PM

When can we expect the update? (BBEdit 8 just came out and the temptations are beginning to rise...)

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2004, 04:13 PM

When can we expect the update? (BBEdit 8 just came out and the temptations are beginning to rise...)
I'd say around the end of November/beginning of December, maybe earlier.
Want to put a lot of polish onto it .

Thanks,
Oliver

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 24, 2004, 07:10 AM

Tag 1.1.5 has just been released, its really just a maintainence release. See below for release notes:

http://www.talacia.com/downloads/ReleaseNotes.html

And go here to download:

http://www.talacia.com/download.php

Adds a few cool PHP features and tons of little clean ups and fixes. Unfortunately I wasn't able to fix the "bug" in which Live Preview scrolls back to the top on every reload, this seems to be a behaviour of WebKit that I can't find out how to reverse.

About Tag 2, its been put on hold for a while due to other projects and work, but when its released it should be awesome.

Thanks,
Oliver

Chris Grande
Senior User
Dec 28, 2004, 10:45 PM

How strange I was just about to post to ask you how things were going with Tag (cue the Twilight Zone Music)

I've put off much design work because of my new job, so I guess its the same. Still like testing/using great Mac software (betas!)

Tarambana
Forum Regular
Mar 31, 2005, 11:39 AM

I hope nobody minds if I bump this thread, I didn't feel like making a new one. I was just wondering how version 2 --or 1.5, for that matter-- was coming along.

Cheers.

iOliverC  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 31, 2005, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by Tarambana:
I hope nobody minds if I bump this thread, I didn't feel like making a new one. I was just wondering how version 2 --or 1.5, for that matter-- was coming along.

Cheers.
Hi,

Really sorry about the wait, I've just been really busy with another app I'm developing and other little jobs. I'm in the middle of updating Tag to 1.2, which SHOULD include stuff like Tiger compatibility and the ability to use Transmit etc .with Tag, it also includes an Auto Complete editor.

Sorry again about the wait

Tarambana
Forum Regular
Mar 31, 2005, 03:16 PM

Originally posted by iOliverC:
Hi,

Really sorry about the wait, I've just been really busy with another app I'm developing and other little jobs. I'm in the middle of updating Tag to 1.2, which SHOULD include stuff like Tiger compatibility and the ability to use Transmit etc .with Tag, it also includes an Auto Complete editor.

Sorry again about the wait
Don't worry. Thanks for the heads up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules