Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > epson 740 problem

epson 740 problem
PeteL999
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2001, 08:23 PM

OK heres the problem when I try to print everything thats supposed to be colored comes out blue tinted and everything black doesn't show up at all. I tried checking the nossles, realinging the heads, and cleaning the heads multiple times.

Ok I left it on for while and i think thats the problem maybe some dried up ink in the nossles? I just changes the cartridges too btw. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. I have the most recent drivers I'm on 9.1 so it's got nothing to do with the drivers for OS X.
Are you or are you not the black angel of death

MrWinther
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 4, 2001, 07:43 AM

I have the same #"�#" problem. Same printer but iMac rev B.
I bought some cheap colour.... probably why..
But if I buy the expensive coulours and the problem still exists,, #�"#�"

.-(

PeteL999  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 4, 2001, 07:43 PM

did you ever try to contact epson?

MrWinther
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 6, 2001, 09:58 AM

What? Can I contact Epson? Hmmmm. Yea, maybe I should do that! Thaaanks.:-)

RedJack
Apr 7, 2001, 05:25 AM

OK, lets give it a few shots.

One, got new cartridges in there? I've had cartridges partially dry out after sitting too long.

Two, what's you're color settings? I seem to remember that you can tamper some, so try setting it to use Colorsync if possible, see if that fixes it.

Three, if nothing else, try reinstalling the drivers... you did use the updater, didn't you?

Four, call Epson.

Guest1234
Apr 10, 2001, 01:20 AM

I bought an epson 740 with my iMac Rev B years ago, and have had nothing but problems with it. I will never buy an epson printer again--only HP for me from now on.

VRL
Senior User
Apr 10, 2001, 05:32 AM

Wow. I've been using an Epson 740 for a couple years without a problem (with B&W G3, G3 laptop, PC, older Macs). The only frustration I've had is using my Axis print server with OS X, so I use USB connection instead (works flawlessly). I'll be interested to hear what Epson says about your problems.

BTW, I always use Epson ink cartridges. Still, I can't believe that other cartridges would cause problems.
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." (Kierkegaard)
"What concerns me is not the way things are, but the way people think things are." (Epictetus)

MrWinther
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2001, 06:50 AM

I bought some very cheap cartridges. They seem to dry very fast.

....I had a very "smart" idea. I took the cartridge and blow with my mouth to put some pressure,,,to get some more paint...:-)

"#�"#�"# My face turned black!

PeteL999  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2001, 06:57 AM

yea i've got some cheap ones too. they really suck. pisses me off that i have to pay 30 dollars for ink

Forum Links
Forum Rules