Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Trade my PC laptop for your Mac desktop?

Trade my PC laptop for your Mac desktop?
mrbigcdx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2005, 04:39 PM

EDIT: Traded, see below.

Hi everybody.

I've got a P4 3.0Ghz PC laptop with a 15.4" WXGA widescreen display. The laptop is in wonderful shape and still under the factory warranty until the end of January. Some basic specs are 80GB hard drive, 768MB RAM, 802.11G, DVD and CD burners, Firewire/USB2, and much more. Let me know if anyone's interested. I'm looking for an equivalent Macintosh desktop computer.

Added info:
Model: Compaq Presario R3360US
Originally paid: ~$1500 at Best Buy
( Last edited by mrbigcdx; Nov 10, 2005 at 12:38 PM. )

mrbigcdx  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2005, 02:05 PM

Four day bump! Nobody needs to switch to the boring side...?

mrbigcdx  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2005, 12:05 PM

just your typical bump... anyone interested?

chipchen
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2005, 08:22 AM

I'll bump.. but you need to put the manufacturer and the model number and what you paid for it probably...

mrbigcdx  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2005, 03:25 PM

Ok, that information has been added to the original posting! Thanks for the heads up.

mrbigcdx  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2005, 08:43 PM

Hi guys,

I just got an offer to trade my machine for a Dual 2.0Ghz PowerMac G5 as long as I throw in a small amount of cash ($300 or less). The G5 has a 160GB HD, Bluetooth, 512MB RAM, 64MB ATI Video, and all manuals/recovery CDs. It also has AppleCare. Is this a good deal for me?

mulletman13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2005, 05:16 AM

Good god its a good deal for you. My friend just sold his HP with the exact same specs and a longer warranty on ebay for ~900 . That PowerMac offered to you is probably worth close to double that.... make sure the guy isn't a scammer first and has feedback.... because it truly sounds too good to be true.

mrbigcdx  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2005, 12:09 PM

Yeah, this deal will be as legit as it gets unless the man decides to rob me at gunpoint when we meet up to swap

He's local in my town and has proven he works at a reputable business, so there's no worries about shipping or anything like that. We're meeting Saturday to do this, and best of all he just said he'd throw in a wireless keyboard and mouse, since he had no use for it with my laptop! Plus, it's the old Dual 2.0ghz with the 8 RAM slots and PCI-X.

I was completely level with him on what I paid and the approximate worth of my notebook and he with me on his PowerMac. I even showed him completed eBay auctions of my laptop (one being $850, another $999). He understood I'm getting the better end of the deal, but apparently my machine is EXACTLY what he needs for his business, and he is unable to accomplish his goals with the Mac. On top of that, he told me he merely couldn't get used to the Mac, as he used Windows all his life. As bad as I feel for getting such a damn good deal, there truly was no impropriety (that is, unless you fault me for not insisting on giving him more money, but I'm a poor college student :-( )

mulletman13
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2005, 12:58 PM

***Nice*** deal :-D

CTSxViper
Nov 10, 2005, 01:06 PM

Definately a nice deal. I remember when I got my G5 Dual 2.0, I traded a Athlon 64 system with a Samsung 21" LCD. for the Mac G5 Dual and a new 20" Apple Cinema. I thought that was an incredible deal, but your's is very nice.. Congrats..

mrbigcdx  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2005, 02:11 PM

He had the 20" Apple Cinema LCD, but said he was still paying it off so would just keep it or give it to a relative, no worires though because the college newspaper I work at has about 10 extra old 17" CRTs I'll bum until I save my pennies for an LCD of my own

Forum Links
Forum Rules