Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Help! Apple Software Restore is messing up install

Help! Apple Software Restore is messing up install
Metro
Nov 16, 2001, 11:00 PM

I am about to go nuts over this one! I have been re-installing the OS on my B&W G3 400. I am partitioning my main drive into 2 partitions.I did this a few weeks ago when I installed the OS 10.1 upgrade and had the same problems.

Scenario:
1. I install the original 8.6 (OS). It is fine. I already have done a low level format.
2. I install OS 9.1. It installs OK
3. I install OS 9.2.1 and it gets about 3/4 of the way through and it keeps popping up, Can't locate 'Apple Restore', etc. It then allows my to continue and choose Skip or Quit. If I keep hitting skip it goes to the end of installation. But then it seems buggy as can be.

4. Going to the Start Up disk in Control Panels I get a Type 2 error. I get this in both the 9.1 install and the 9.2.1 installs, when I try to change it to the OS CD boot disk.

I am loosing major patience trying to deal with this. I took me a whole night and more last time. And I have to send this B&W 400 out this weekend for a company to use for OS X development.

And the fact that they are PC developers who finally want a Mac with OS X to use, is huge progress with these guys. Can anyone help at all with this problem!?

I have been doing this a long time and never have wrong into this problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules