Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Apps launching behind and exposé intermittent

Apps launching behind and exposé intermittent
Will C
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 12, 2006, 11:31 AM

I was not sure what to search for, for this/these problem/s, so aplogies if his has come up before - please point me in the right direction if it has.

Apps launching behind:-
I am running OS 10.3.9 and sometimes my eMac gets into a weird state in that whn I launch an app, it starts up but appears behind other windows, i.e. its window does not come to the front. I have to click on its icon on in the dock or command+tab to it. If I reboot, the problem goes away for a bit, but I cannot work out what is casuing it. I like to put the compuetr to sleep rather than reboot as it is a shared machine.

Exposé intermittent:-
I have configured it to give me 'all windows' in a middle button press and 'show desktop' on the top right corner. Often when the above happens, exposé goes weird and stops functioning fully. the F9,10,11 keys sometimes work though. Again a reboot fixes it for a while. Also the problem can go away and all is well for a while.

In case it matters at all - my wife has a separate login without exposé enabled and sometimes I have to use her login - could it be that the OS does not handle having exposé enabled/disabled in this way?

TIA

Will

Forum Links
Forum Rules