Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPad 2 clear case discussion thread

iPad 2 clear case discussion thread
miacomet
Forum Regular
Mar 30, 2011, 11:17 AM

Ok, I just got a white iPad 2 64GB with a black leather smart cover.

Now I want a clear case which is can be used in conjunction with the smart cover, to protect the back of my iPad 2 which is already getting a bit scratched.

I have found these two (announced):

Genius: Enki | We've got you covered

Joy: SmartFit2 Clear for iPad 2 - iPad 2 Accessories - Pages

Are there any other options? Anyone know anything about which might end up being a better choice?

jokell82
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2011, 10:37 AM

I bought an Invisible Shield (from ZAGG). I like the idea of the iPad being protected but not adding any bulk.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

miacomet  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 31, 2011, 09:54 PM

Is the Invisible Shield compatible with the Apple smart cover, i really like the smart cover...

victor_huggins
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 26, 2011, 09:08 AM

Already i have iphone 4 which i bought for my wife and so far she has utilized it for almost 4 mnths without any hard case protection as she hates cases (it annoys her) but now im really concerned abt ipad 2 which i bought recently as already twice she dropped her iphone which resulted into hard bruises on it's surface however i dont wish to risk this newly bought ipad 2.

Currently i am using this official smart cover for my ipad 2 but it lacks is proper shielding (mainly backpack) which makes it an incomplete case Dirt gets easily accumulate over its surface, even scratches and smudges ruins its looks. This is one of the main disadvantage of smart cover.

However a friend of mine currently uses a combination of these ipad 2 cases, the smart cover and sleeve case as it fits his iPad 2 and smart Cover combo nicely but i wonder how he could afford to use these both while making a phone look bulky. However to him its seems ideal as there's no added weight strange.
( Last edited by victor_huggins; Jul 26, 2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: removed smilies)

info
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 26, 2011, 12:00 PM

I have the Joy SmartFit2 and am very happy with it. It does have the logo on the back but, I don't mind that at all (kind of like it ). It is extremely well made and fits almost invisibly on the iPad (it is also *very* easy to remove if necessary, though I seldom do). While on the iPad it fits into a folio case which I have and I particularly appreciate that aspect. I bought this early and direct from Joy and paid about $40 for it delivered, the last I looked it was down to about $25 on Amazon.

I have heard that the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy offers more protection and a person who has them both preferred the latter. I haven't seen that one. I have heard that it doesn't fit the iPad 2 dock though, while the SmartFit2 evidently does. Not having the dock, I haven't been able to confirm this part of it. Good Luck!

Forum Links
Forum Rules