Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > My Trip To California!!!!! And Meeting Albert Wu!!!!!

My Trip To California!!!!! And Meeting Albert Wu!!!!!
wclarkson
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 9, 2001, 10:59 PM

Over the past week I took a trip to California which hopefully explains my non presence at the forums. It was really fun. I got a tour of Apple Inc. (Thanks to some help from some great friends I have).

I went to Apple on Friday. I got a 1 hour tour. Then I spent over 300 dollars at the Apple Store. Yeah...300. I got a couple shirts and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 (awesome game!!!!). That was an awesome experience.

Then on Saturday I met Albert Wu after about 1/2 hour of trying to find Jamba Juice. There is apparently

1.sunnyvale-saratoga
2.saratoga-sunnyvale
3.saratoga

Whats up with that. Someone needs to be more creative. So after calling Albert on his cell phone about 10 times...I finally figured it out. I am now a strong advocate of GPS. It helped me to find Jamba Juice w/ turn by turn directions. Hertz rent-a-car calls it "NeverLost". But whatever its called it works. Thank God for Technology. Back ot Albert........

He's only 14!!! He's really smart for 14!!!! He's smaller than I imagined...but then i'm 6'2". Thats pretty tall for a 16 year old. I'm going to post some pictures in a couple days.

Then for the rest of the week I visited northern california...mostly relatives. I even went to the Microsoft Store in San Francisco. i used Microsoft XP on an 800mhz Pentium III laptop with 256 megs of ram. it was really responsive. Totally faster than OS X, but thats another story. I then saw that it was connected to the big monitor that shows throughout the store. I played with that for a while...typed "Apple Rocks". Then I saw that it appeared rather light. I lifted it up...and inadvertantly unplugged the cords. The monitor went black and I just walked away. Trying not to draw attention to myself. Microsoft really has a great thing going there. I haven't visited an Apple Store but I hope Apple can match the stock of this store. Apple will probably do a better job..but...this store was truly impressive. It had computers running XP, Me and 98. It also had 5-7 computers dedicated to playing games. It was a the total Microsoft Experience.

If that sounded like a Microsoft ad I'm sorry. It just impressed the hell out of me.

Anyways... Apple was an awesome place.
G4 Cube Owner :-)

alauzon
Forum Regular
Aug 9, 2001, 11:12 PM

I was also in California last week. I too went to Apple in Cupertino, but I didn't get the chance to look around,except for the lobby!!!!!. It's a shame that they don't have a tour of some kind for the visitors. I spent around $150.00 in the store. At what location was the Microsoft store in San Fran??? I didn't even know they had one...... I could have gone and turn all the pc's off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

San Acoustic
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 10, 2001, 01:27 AM

You should have run the monkeydance clip as a loop, then walked out. Would have been cool on the giant screen.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2001, 01:43 AM

Albert, congratulations, you're now a sought-after celebrity.

The Dude
Banned
Aug 10, 2001, 01:53 AM

Heh, I met Albert too! You don't see me posting about it!

Wait, that's what he wants to kill me! Funny how everything comes together, no?

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 10, 2001, 09:54 AM

A little creepy meeting someone off a forum on the net? Didn't anyone ever tell you not to meet people you find on the net?

Raman
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2001, 12:56 AM

Originally posted by wclarkson:
<STRONG>Then on Saturday I met Albert Wu after about 1/2 hour of trying to find Jamba Juice.</STRONG>
Is Albert Wu (or everyone that wants to meet him) gay? Sure sounds like it.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Aug 11, 2001, 03:01 AM

Originally posted by Raman:
<STRONG>

Is Albert Wu (or everyone that wants to meet him) gay? Sure sounds like it. </STRONG>
Huh?

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 11, 2001, 10:02 AM

<STRONG>

Is Albert Wu (or everyone that wants to meet him) gay? Sure sounds like it. </STRONG>

Did I miss something?

Kozmik
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2001, 01:02 PM

Albert Wu is the man.
<A HREF="http://www.macnet2.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi" TARGET=_blank>
MacNet v2 Forums</A>

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Aug 11, 2001, 06:37 PM

Deja Vu.
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 11, 2001, 08:20 PM

<STRONG>

are you paranoid or something? id sure like to meet you offline, sugar. *smooch*

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Aug 11, 2001, 09:25 PM

Where did the Jamba Juice = Gay correlation come up???
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

wclarkson  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2001, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by AlbertWu:
<STRONG>Where did the Jamba Juice = Gay correlation come up??? </STRONG>
I have no idea. I'm not Gay...thats for sure!!!!. Maybe someone who is a little insecure mentioned it. But Jamba Juice has nothing to do w/ being gay. Anyways....

It was fun. Pictures should be posted tomorrow.
G4 Cube Owner :-)

misc
Aug 11, 2001, 11:13 PM

Okay, I have to come clean.

Albert, wclarkson, seanyepez, and macvillage.net are all gay. They came out of the closet last year, and they all live in the same house.

Give it a rest guys.

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 12, 2001, 07:50 PM

Yummy, me like men!

I like really strong balding midgets

Hot

misc
Aug 12, 2001, 11:49 PM

Originally posted by macvillage.net:
<STRONG>Yummy, me like men!

I like really strong balding midgets

Hot

</STRONG>
I told you, didn't I?

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

cpatubo
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 13, 2001, 01:15 AM

Originally posted by macvillage.net:
<STRONG>A little creepy meeting someone off a forum on the net? Didn't anyone ever tell you not to meet people you find on the net? </STRONG>
Does meeting someone from the forums BEFORE you realized they were from the forums count? I met Avenir before we knew the other hung out on these forums, heh...

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2001, 02:48 AM

Originally posted by cpatubo:
<STRONG>

Does meeting someone from the forums BEFORE you realized they were from the forums count? I met Avenir before we knew the other hung out on these forums, heh...</STRONG>
You three should all meet sometime at the shop and take a pic for everyone that would be cool.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

cpatubo
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 13, 2001, 03:42 AM

Originally posted by juanvaldes:
<STRONG>
You three should all meet sometime at the shop and take a pic for everyone that would be cool. </STRONG>
Three? Who'm I missing? Uh, duh...

Avenir
Mac Elite
Aug 13, 2001, 04:31 AM

Originally posted by cpatubo:
<STRONG>

Does meeting someone from the forums BEFORE you realized they were from the forums count? I met Avenir before we knew the other hung out on these forums, heh...</STRONG>
yeah, I think she was working for Handspring, trying to make me spend $$$ on a Visor, I believe

3? I'm lost. Alwu was on Maui same time as me, only I was on my way into Haleakala to do some backpacking, and he was flying out... maybe next time

spike[at]avenirex[dot]com | Avenirex
IM - Avenirx | ICQ - 3932806

cpatubo
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 13, 2001, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by Avenir:
<STRONG>
yeah, I think she was working for Handspring, trying to make me spend $$$ on a Visor, I believe
</STRONG>
Right... I was trying to TALK you outta buying a Visor Edge and get the Platinum, heh...

Forum Links
Forum Rules