Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook 13: Bags!

Macbook 13: Bags!
Yakov
Dedicated MacNNer
May 18, 2006, 01:17 AM

UPDATED JULY 18TH!

The focus of this list is cases that are tailored to fit the Macbook. For everything else there's the "monster thread" (henceforth MT) in the Pro forum.

As it turns out, MacBook dimensions = Vaio S Series dimensions...
MacBook 13 dimensions: HWD = 1.08x12.78x8.92 inches / 2.75x32.5x22.7 cm
Sony Vaio S Series 13 dimensions: HWD = 1.18-1.39x12.3x8.85 inches / 3-3.5x31.2x22.4cm

This is a dynamically-updated thread. Post a lead below, and I'll get the rest of the info up here in alphabetic order by brand name.

Please note that I haven't seen a single one of these bags in person; all information here is based on research. Caveat emptor and all that.

The Tailor-Fit Macbook 13" Sleeves List
Available Today
AppleSac
AppleSac Sleeves Handmade. "Protect your cherished computer in either idaho or pink burlap, or fleece, fur, or terry cloth sleeves." A unique look (ugly). Probably not too protective (no info on site reg. this). $30+$4 shipping. See a pic.

Bitolithic
Laptop Protection Pack -Package deal includes blue 1.5mm neoprene work-in sleeve w/ velvet interior, matching accessory bag, and keyboard cover, all for $35 $41+$8 shipping ($49). Made in Australia.

Via email (very fast & friendly): "We prevent the sliders from coming into contact with the laptop by extending the sleeve material all the way to the zipper TEETH, it doesn't stop at the edge of the zipper."

Cardiac Dave: "Not padded well enough to provide a high level of crash protection, but it will definitely protect against scratches and light bumps while it sits in your backpack."
JSW @ MacRumors: "I am very happy with this product for a number of reasons."
Ben Leung @ Whirlpool: "The Bitolithic sleeves are well made, with double stitched zippers around the front and sides of the laptop. ....Also had a little problem with my screen protector being too thick, Emiliano from Bitolithic had a new one in the post to me the next day."

Booq
Vyper XS2's gonna bite you. Booq says: "We sandwiched durable, semi-rigid high density foam between a layer of 1682D cross-weave ballistic nylon on the exterior and a super non-scratch lining on the interior." $55+$10 shipping. (It was released six weeks early!)

millsE @ Whirlpool: "i have a 12" Booq Viper and i am very impressed with it, i had a ridiculously clumsy stumble at school, somehow i tripped over 2 chairs, didn't fall over and managed to gain balance again, and then i stumbled over a further chair, my shoulder bag with my 12" ibook in it fell off my shoulder and i stepped with quite some weight onto the laptop, and all is fine."

Brenthaven
Edge I work-in protective nylon sleeve available in black and light blue. "Patent-pending CORE Protection System protects all 4 corners and 2 side panels." Includes handle and shoulder strap. $50, free shipping.

As demonstrated in one of the most helpful animated gifs ever, one can see that the CORE system is designed to keep your notebook standing on end if you drop it on a pillow.

Dferra: "I actually returned my Brenthaven Fusion and got a Sleevecase and bag from Waterfield..."

DeerPack - DOES NOT FIT!
Hardshell Sleeve VS doesn't fit. I'm only keeping the listing here because it was listed before.

Fabrixcases
Fabrixcases are handmade fabric cases for scratch and light bump protection. Twelve styles/colors available. $33+$9 shipping.

[size=2]Foof
Foofbags are gorgeous little cloth sleeves, handmade to order (takes 3-6 working days) in Australia. The listed prices are in AUD (1au=76cents). Simple sleeves are 36AUD ($27); the crazy ones are 42AUD ($32). Worldwide shipping is a very reasonable 9AUD ($6.75).

If you live in Europe or Singapore, or live in the US and want a foof for your Treo, local retailers are listed here.

Don't miss the Foof Care site, which includes an interesting shot of an inside-out Foof. They all seem to include a nice liner. These things look well-made.

Sally Summersgill (via PM): "I bought the red corduroy cover becuase it was cheap. The fabric is like dress material, like a pair of old corduroy trousers, and you can imagine what happens when you catch the cover, it just rips apart."
acky3000 @ MUG Singapore: "The quality of the foof products speak for themselves. they are really of a good quality, have a nice fit to your Apple products."
kaido, who posts all over this thread, likes his.

MacCase
(This is both "available now" and "pre-order"... read on.)

The famous MacCase sleeve with the logo window is now available for preorder in the MacBook size! "Nylon fabric wrapped over a dense foam" is "lined with a soft velvet cloth." Velcro-closing, with a new weird design on the back. (Dueling Pac-Mans?) Tons of satisfied customers are all over the web. $30 + $10 shipping.

And right now, there's a lovely deal: Order the 13", you'll get it in July, but for the meantime you get a 14" sleeve shipped to you right now -- free sleeve, free shipping. (International orders might have weird problems here; I'd recommend emailing Maccase about that.) In the end you have two sleeves for the price of one. As for me: All I have to do is get used to the idea of the logo hole, which I find pretty corny. YMWV. Available in three colors (all for the same price).

Enginerd: "It certainly isn't a bad case, but it is quite thin and light so it's not for shock protection."

Radtech
ScreenSavrz: A fancy keyboard cover. $15+$5.

Sleevz is a very thin three-sided protective slip. Stylin'. Probably best if you already have a laptop bag w/padded compartment. $25+$5.

MacTruck: Super heavy duty suitcase protection, not yet released. $200.

Sony
Sony VAIO® Neoprene Carrying Case (includes AC Adapter Case) VGP-AMC1: The title says it all! Two basic black neoprene bags each emblazoned with small, removeable "Vaio" patches. $23+$5.50 shipping from Sony.

The best price can be found on shopping.com or something similar. Search for "VGP-AMC1." Mine was $22 inc. shipping.

I have one of these, and I like it. Bare bones backpack protection for the best price available. See my pictures

Tom Bihn
Bihn bags are made in Seattle! Tom Bihn (a real person) has been making and selling reliable bags for over thirty years.
Read the Bihn blog post about Macbooks bags.
$7 flat rate shipping, all orders.

It seems that the following bags are shipping very soon, if not right now. MacBook is size 6.

Brain Cell -- Hard sleeve w/ mesh pocket on side. Good copy: "Cradled in 8mm thick soft foam padding, your laptop hangs suspended in a 4mm hard corrugated plastic insert that protects from the front, back, and bottom. The sides are protected by dense cross-linked closed-cell polyethylene foam. This offers the toughest protection you can get for your laptop in a case that is still light and minimalist." $50.
Soft Cell -- "[F]eatures an exterior made of durable 500 Denier Cordura and an interior of super-soft brushed nylon." Whatever that means. $30.
Archetype -- expensive, funky-looking work-in case. Three styles: "Genuine Cork fabric (made of real cork), Galvanized Majilite (a durable synthetic leather made to look like galvanized steel), and Snow Leopard Ultrasuede (contains no leopards, we promise)." $95.

Waterfield Designs
Sleevecase: Velcro-closing neoprene fun. Macbook size: 13.

Made in San Fransisco. All over the web (and the mega-bags thread under the Powerbook forum), you'll find highly satisfied WF customers.

Expensive, though:
$40 for a sleeve with three sides. (Doesn't look too protective.) $65 for a sleeve with a closing flap. And more options for D-rings and a shoulder strap (add $12-$18) and "piggy back" (extra pocket, $22).
$6 shipping.

Dferra: "Reasons I went with Waterfield: style, function, and build-quality. ...Waterfield exceeded all three."
decrypt (p.2): "I'm extremely impressed...."
sensorfreaky (p.2): "Well-crafted and has quality written all over it. Fits my new MacBook like a glove and the vertical orientation is perfect for when I want to charge it while it's safe in the sleeve." (his post includes pictures)

Wrappers I need to improve this entry, there are other products

Wrappers are like the boring white version of the Foof. Made-to-order, sort of customizable, minimalist, machine washable (?), no claims to durability or explanation of the materials used. Anyone with further info here?

The Tailor-Fit Macbook 13" Bags List
Popular on the forums:
-Booq Mamba S
-STM Small Alley
What else belongs here? Post a note or send me a PM if you think a bag should be listed...

Available For Pre-Order

Probably coming soon, or something
Be.ez: Le13 seems to be a thin, two-pocket case with (seatbelt style?) strap.
It's listed on the "coming soon" page, and you can read a "teaser advertisement" for it, poorly translated from French. No dates are mentioned. This guy has a little more information (mostly: it will cost L45 inc. VAT in England). And you can read here that it'll be available in July for $85. This is a picture of this bag... or IS IT???

Crumpler: The School Hymns ($40) are purty. They updated their web site design and added a Macbook Pro 15. Macbook 13 coming soon? Here's a link to the catalog that skips the incredibly annoying flash intro.

Marware: We can probably expect a 13" Sportfolio (thin neoprene sleeve w/ lined zipper) out of them soon.

MaxUpgrades: MaxProtect II is a hard mini-suitcase for the MacBook Pro 15. "Synthetic leather," "unsurpassed rigidity." It'd be nice to see this for the MB13... watch this space.

red maloo: Can you say "rip off"? "One layer of high quality felt that folds around your laptop"... for... $90! Great... I'll buy six.

Shinza: The ZeroShocks are fab. No word of a 13" yet. Keep checking back here...

STM: Basic black neoprene sleeves and a work-in polyurethane foam sleeve. Also: Other stuff. (But is it all truly Macbook? The 13" Small Alley is 12.2 x 9 x 1.6 inches -- too narrow on the long side and too big on width and breadth.) Macbook sizes coming soon. Aussie manufacturer, sold in the US by Radtech.

Tumi:Case finder. Check back for the Macbook...

These bags don't fit
This list is for elimination purposes, so I don't check the same link twice. Some manufacturers list products as being suitable for the Macbook 13 when they don't match the Macbook's dimensions. Boo, hiss.

Case Logic
Deer NSB-3
Spire: Horizontal (size M) and Vertical (size S).

Help! I don't git it
Axio
has a terrible Flash-based web site, and some very expensive "Hardcases" that may or may not be sized properly for the Macbook. Who knows? The interior is "adjustable" somehow. Someone help me out with this...

Laplogic
has one of the most confusing web sites I've ever seen. They make about thirty different kinds of heat-blocking lap-desks and also a sickeningly ugly line of computer jock straps. I have no idea if anything there fits the Macbook.

Other laptop protection and accessories
ShieldZone
Cable Organizer
( Last edited by Yakov; Jul 18, 2006 at 10:02 PM. Reason: fix info)

macgeekjay
May 18, 2006, 11:07 AM

http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=1408

These are the ones' that will work for the 13" including a "viper" sleeve that is made specifically for it. Love these cases!

Yakov  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 19, 2006, 04:53 PM

Thanks. Added to first post.
( Last edited by Yakov; May 19, 2006 at 05:10 PM. )

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
May 19, 2006, 05:01 PM

I'm waiting for something like a neoprene sleeve. I had this for my iBook:

This one looks OK:

SLiMeX
Senior User
May 19, 2006, 05:06 PM

I'm definately waiting for something neoprene.
BlacBook | 2.0ghz core duo | 2x320gb | 2gb ram | mba superdrive

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
May 19, 2006, 05:08 PM

I find all 4 in the original post incredibly ugly.

InCase makes some pretty nice stuff, guess we have to wait for a 13 inch model.

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

Yakov  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 19, 2006, 05:25 PM

yes, a basic neoprene zipper sleeve would be great.
i'm sure it's coming -- in PINK!!!!

the Bihn Soft Sleeve "features an exterior made of durable 500 Denier Cordura and an interior of super-soft brushed nylon." I guess that's not too protection-oriented...

nFinity
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 19, 2006, 09:25 PM

Booq is also recommending the Mamba S, although it was made for 12" laptops, supposedly it fits the MacBook.

I have the Booq PowerSleeve12 and Mamba XS, the PowerSleeve just barely fits it (pokes out the top a bit) and it's a really tight fit in the Mamba.

Yakov  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 19, 2006, 09:28 PM

that's good to know.

(in the OP, i'm only listing stuff that specifically is designed to Macbook sizes.
I can't list every 12" product into which you could "cram" the thing...)

bballe336
Mac Enthusiast
May 19, 2006, 10:34 PM

Waterfield Designs makes Neoprene sleeves...I had one for my TiBook back in the day, and i loved it....and they've announced the availiblity of one for the MacBook 13"...I put my order in already...

http://www.sfbags.com

(Same sleeve with optional flap)

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
May 20, 2006, 04:52 AM

I'm waiting for a LArobe case for mine..
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

Yakov  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2006, 09:24 AM

Thanks for the info. I put info on the Waterfield case up in the OP.

Looks good but pricey, and I'm weirded out by the default option which only has three sides. As long as laptops are rectangular, I submit that their cases should have four sides. For a four-sided WF sleeve with rings for a shoulder strap and extra [solid] pocket, you pay $88. Compare this to Tom Bihn's four-sided hard sleeve with D-rings and extra [mesh] pocket, which is $50. That's almost a $30 difference... and it seems to me that hard > soft, protectionwise, which is important for me, slinging my stuff in a Jansport all over public buses, crowded sidewalks, hallways, souks*, whatever...

Of course, when the triangular Macbook Pro comes out (you heard it here first!), a three-sided case will be perfectly sufficient!

yakov
*souk = middle eastern market

b11051973
Forum Regular
May 20, 2006, 09:49 AM

Luckily, the Samsonite case I've been using for like 5 years holds my new MB. If the MB was an inch wider, it wouldn't fit.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
May 20, 2006, 10:16 AM

I have a Radtech sleeve for my 12" PowerBook G4 and I love it. It's basically just a sleeve made of microsuede that fits over the computer. It doesn't have any padding or anything, so you need to use it with a bag that does, but the sleeve does a good job of protecting the computer from scratches and dust, etc, and it adds no bulk whatsoever. The fact that one end is open worried me at first, but it's actually not a big deal and it lets you see your computer's sleep light. I imagine they will have a MacBook version pretty soon.

http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevzNotebooks.aspx

bballe336
Mac Enthusiast
May 20, 2006, 11:27 AM

Yakov,

I see what you're saying about the single strap on the side....but I never had any scratches or anything of the like happen while my TiBook was in my last Waterfield Designs sleeve..that said...I did order the model with the flap this time around. Really depends on your use...i suppose, a lot of people who use sleeve type cases, are looking for an "inner-case" to then throw into a backpack.

As for the price...it is a bit more than some of its competitors. However, it is one of the more stylish bags. Perhaps only the vyper comes close...and that $55 bucks.. my Waterfield Designs bag order came to $54.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
May 20, 2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by decrypt
Waterfield Designs makes Neoprene sleeves...I had one for my TiBook back in the day, and i loved it....and they've announced the availiblity of one for the MacBook 13"...I put my order in already...

http://www.sfbags.com

(Same sleeve with optional flap)
Nice, but that's really expensive, especially if you want a flap.

I think I'll wait for the $15 eBay options.

P.S. Here are the comparative dimensions of the MacBook vs iBook vs PowerBook:

13" MacBook: 32.5 x 22.7 x 2.75 cm (2029 cm3)
12" iBook: 28.5 x 23.0 x 3.42 cm (2242 cm3)
12" PowerBook: 27.7 x 21.9 x 3.0 cm (1820 cm3)
( Last edited by Eug Wanker; May 20, 2006 at 12:09 PM. )

Yakov  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2006, 04:55 PM

i like to have maximum flexibility. 85% of the time i'll be using an exterior bag but sometimes i'll just be making a quick run down to the wireless cafe, or in the neighborhood, or whatever, and what if someone drops a slice of pizza on it or something? stupid crap only needs to happen once in order to ruin my computer! and i can't control the weather, either...

OP updated with macbook dimensions

JustinD
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2006, 05:12 PM

That Booq ones looks wicked hot!
*justin

Isn't logic swell? It gives answers without really answering anything!

Gamoe
Mac Elite
May 20, 2006, 05:50 PM

What I would like is some kind of "iSkin"-like (rubber-like protection layer) product for the MacBook, particularly for the bottom and top covers.

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
May 20, 2006, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gabriel Morales
What I would like is some kind of "iSkin"-like (rubber-like protection layer) product for the MacBook, particularly for the bottom and top covers.
which in turn would help to heat it up even more....
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

mexicali100
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2006, 07:53 PM

Excellent compilation! I have a MacBook Resource Site with lots of links here:

http://macbook.wiredby.com

My list of bags, cases, and sleeves has been growing daily, it's good to see that someone compiled a picture list. I added this thread to my links. I have some cases that you don't have yet, feel free to add them:

http://www.wiredbynature.org/comp/ma.../mods.php#Bags

Yakov  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2006, 09:42 PM

I just spent about an hour adding tons of info & pics to the OP. I even added shipping info.

Many thanks to Kaidomac.
( Last edited by Yakov; May 20, 2006 at 10:46 PM. )

galarneau
Senior User
May 20, 2006, 10:25 PM

Don't forget about Spire:

www.spireusa.com

Made in the USA (Boulder, CO) with lifetime warranty.

I have 2 x Spire Endo bags.

They are quite well made, stylish, functional, and reasonably priced.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
May 20, 2006, 10:28 PM

Spire bags are great.

Yakov  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2006, 10:59 PM

Added Spire

Thanks for the lead

mexicali100
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2006, 11:08 PM

Two more from the Apple forums:

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/retail/ca...=0&skusetId=86

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...lm=TC794LL%2FA

The second one, the Incase Sling, has a pocket on the chest strap for a phone or iPod. Here's the thread going on over there:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....88819&tstart=0

Very nice work OP, keep up the good work!

mexicali100
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2006, 11:15 PM

I should also add Ogio:

http://www.ogio.com/

Ogio makes really high-quality bags. I have an Ogio Metro backback for my 15.4" Gateway laptop that has served me well for many years. They sell a newer version than the one I have:

http://www.ogio.com/product.php?product=126&nav=0

Also, a great place to get bags is at eBags:

http://www.ebags.com/

They usually have great deals on shippings and occasional coupons if you do some googling. btw thanks for the sig links OP

Yakov  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2006, 11:30 PM

Thanks for linking me from that support thread!

I added a clarifying note to the OP about my intentions for this list. If you're going to start talking about the sling and the Timbuk2 you might as well get into LL Bean and Jansport backpacks. It's "mission creep," and it's all been very well covered in the monster.

I think it's important to stay focused, for the purposes of this thread, on finding all the cases that are tailor-fit to the Macbook.

Ogio's web site is too much for me. Where are the laptop bags that fit the Macbook? (1.08x12.78x8.92)

Regards,
Y.

Star-Fire
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2006, 11:34 PM

This should be a sticky like in the Macbook pro thread.
MacBook Pro 2.5 with 4 GB Ram, 250 GB 5400RPM, iMac 20" Intel Dual Core 2.0 with 2 GB Ram
http://star-fire.deviantart.com/gallery/

Yakov  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 20, 2006, 11:51 PM

I'd like to see that happen.
You should PM tooki or someone if you feel that way...

mexicali100
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2006, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Yakov
Thanks for linking me from that support thread!

I added a clarifying note to the OP about my intentions for this list. If you're going to start talking about the sling and the Timbuk2 you might as well get into LL Bean and Jansport backpacks. It's "mission creep," and it's all been very well covered in the monster.

I think it's important to stay focused, for the purposes of this thread, on finding all the cases that are tailor-fit to the Macbook.

Ogio's web site is too much for me. Where are the laptop bags that fit the Macbook? (1.08x12.78x8.92)

Regards,
Y.
Good point! I'm trying to keep it focused on MacBook-only bags for my page as well. The Ogio Metro is a nice bag if (1) you have a big laptop or (2) you have a MacBook in a sleeve. That's a good idea though, let's keep the other stuff out of this.

With that said, I am really suprised on how quickly manufacturers came out with MacBook products. They are really on the ball with this one!

mavherzog
Dedicated MacNNer
May 21, 2006, 12:40 AM

Hopefully, Shinza will soon make a ZeroShock sleeve for the MacBook. I have this one for my 12" iBook and love it.

Yakov  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 21, 2006, 01:38 AM

Filed under "Probably coming soon, or something"

mexicali100
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2006, 03:01 PM

Found another one for your list:

http://laplogic.com/current/html/home.html

In addition to their ultra-compact laptop carrying cases, they also make laptop pads so you won't burn your legs (available in flexible & rigid). Products list here:

http://laplogic.com/current/html/products/products.html

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
May 22, 2006, 04:07 PM

Found this on eBhey:

Bitolithic

mexicali100
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2006, 04:46 PM

Nice Eug! Manufacturer's site is here:

http://www.bitolithic.com/

Very slick system, nice find!

Escobar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2006, 04:49 PM

I love the Booq Vypers. I had one for my 15" powerbook and can't wait for the MB one to ship

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
May 22, 2006, 04:55 PM

I might have ordered the above case, had they not had a $20 surcharge for the "free" 14" sleeve for international orders.

Don't forget the socks you can find in various places too:

( Last edited by Eug Wanker; May 22, 2006 at 05:10 PM. )

iChelle
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2006, 05:02 PM

where can i get that sock? url please?

allexsimmons
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2006, 05:05 PM

type in macbook sock in ebay.

iChelle
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2006, 05:14 PM

ah thank you! it ships from hong kong though...wonder how long that will take...

sbsmac
May 22, 2006, 06:24 PM

Another "Coming Soon" entry: I emailed STM asking if they would be making a Glove or a Rebound in the MacBook 13'' size. Their response:

"The new rebound and gloves are in production now. We expect to have them available in the next 30 days."

I can't wait! It'll be perfect with my backpack and messenger bag.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
May 22, 2006, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by iChelle
ah thank you! it ships from hong kong though...wonder how long that will take...
Where are you?

Dunno about that eBayer, but assuming it gets shipped in a couple of days from Hong Kong or China via airmail, it usually is around 2ish weeks, unless there is some customs issue or something. And for something like a wool sock, there is almost never a customs issue.

The shortest I've experienced for a small item from Hong Kong/China was 1 week after shipment, which is pretty damn good considering that I've had stuff from my own country take noticeably longer. The longest I've experienced from Hong Kong was 3 weeks or so.

iChelle
Dedicated MacNNer
May 22, 2006, 07:11 PM

I'm from California

mexicali100
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2006, 08:25 PM

AppeSac sleeves:

http://www.applesac.com/

allexsimmons
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2006, 01:29 AM

do you have this one? would love to hear a review.

pgolf
May 23, 2006, 01:46 AM

I use an Axio Mini Hardpack

Dr.Michael
May 23, 2006, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Eug Wanker
Found this on eBhey:
Eug,

you shouldn't run your macbook (and also not a powerbook) while its in the bag. The bag prevents airflow beneath the machine and it blocks the rear vents.
This is very bad.

mexicali100
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2006, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by allexsimmons
do you have this one? would love to hear a review.
Nope, I ordered a Foof

mexicali100
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2006, 10:44 AM

OP, to update on your Foof entry:

Foofbags are gorgeous little cloth sleeves handmade in Australia. The listed prices are in AUD (1au=76cents). Simple sleeves are 36AUD ($27); the crazy ones are 42AUD ($32). Unfortunately you get smacked on shipping, which adds another $27usd to your order if you live in the States. Why does it cost so much to ship? Why is there no distribution in the US? Do they know that for some people, the word "foof" has an impolite meaning? Will they ever clean up their web design?

I ordered a red Foof sleeve yesterday, here's what the numbers were shipped to the US via AirMail using Paypal:

Red corduroy Foof bag: $36.00 AUD
Handling: $2.00 AUD
Shipping: $7.00 AUD
Sales Tax: None
Cart Total: $45.00 AUD

Exchange Rate: 1 U.S. Dollar = 1.29723 Australian Dollars

Bottom line: $34.69 USD shipped

$35 is a tad pricey for a simple sleeve, but (1) it's a cool sleeve and (2) that's not a bad price considering it's being shipped internationally. I've paid a lot more than that for international shipping before. I'll post a review once it comes in.

Forum Links
Forum Rules