Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook 13: Bags!

Macbook 13: Bags! (Page 11)
Blizzake
Forum Regular
Nov 23, 2006, 03:15 PM

what is it and where can i get this sleve
C2D Blackbook Week 44

jesrae
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2006, 01:39 PM

The sleeve in those pics is a foofbag.

Parvez
Forum Regular
Nov 24, 2006, 10:44 PM

I went to Apple Store today in 5th avenue. zOMFG! I never seen that many people before. It was crowded like hell. I bought a 4GB iPOD Nano (Silver) and a Sleeve (Incase product) for my Macbook. The sleeve was for $30 since today is Black Friday, they took off $5.99

I will post pictures later.

Annette310
Nov 24, 2006, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Parvez View Post
I went to Apple Store today in 5th avenue. zOMFG! I never seen that many people before. It was crowded like hell. I bought a 4GB iPOD Nano (Silver) and a Sleeve (Incase product) for my Macbook. The sleeve was for $30 since today is Black Friday, they took off $5.99

I will post pictures later.

oOOOoo The blue looks nice! When I got mine all they had was black and red. I got the black one.

Parvez
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2006, 04:10 AM

Oh lol

I couldn't find a picture of a black one. I actually got a black one.. the inside is greenish. It looks nice though. They had Maroon, White, Black, and Blue. I chosed black because it matches with the white macbook.

Oversoul
Senior User
Nov 28, 2006, 12:11 AM

Just received my Booq Vyper XS2 today and I love it! It fits the MB like a glove, and the feel when zipped up is very snug and sturdy. This is definitely a plus because I really don't want to be carrying around any extra bulk anyway.

jersey
Senior User
Dec 3, 2006, 03:29 PM

I too just picked up the incase and really like it...

FYI the Speck case is now available on their site. I'm going to grab one after the holidays.

Z4cane
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2006, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by jersey View Post

FYI the Speck case is now available on their site. I'm going to grab one after the holidays.
Cool, I may pick one up.

oracle1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2006, 07:30 PM

I just ordered a Booq Folee XS, i cant wait to get it.

Also, I found a coupon code for booq so if you enter "SPUNGLE" at checkout you'll get %10 off. Good for $17.99 off on my order.

HowEver
Dec 6, 2006, 10:19 AM

Is anyone using the Speck MacBook (not Pro) 13" see-thru case yet?

How about the massively expensive Case-Mate Signature suit? ($150 !!)

I'd love to know if either of these leave-in cases are allowing the MacBook to vent properly, in MacBooks that did not previously show any heat issues.

Thanks!

mrmanzer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2006, 10:41 PM

has anyone used a Pelican Case yet. I bought the 1495. Waterproof, crushproof, unbreakable. Ultimate in protection. We use alot of these cases in the fire service.
Pelican™ï¿½Products�1495�Case

HowEver
Dec 14, 2006, 12:43 PM

Bump!

Originally Posted by HowEver View Post

I'd love to know if either of these leave-in cases are allowing the MacBook to vent properly, in MacBooks that did not previously show any heat issues.

Thanks!

ROB2246
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2006, 10:22 PM

Using Speck for about a week . experiencing no unusual heat issues. like the case immensely.

jaydon34
Senior User
Dec 14, 2006, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by ROB2246 View Post
Using Speck for about a week . experiencing no unusual heat issues. like the case immensely.
what color do u have
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

luckyjoe
Dec 15, 2006, 02:29 PM

Is there anything just like that incase sleeve, but with handles so you can carry it like a briefcase? I've only found a sony case that was too small for a MB...

Thanks,

Tom P.

ilovemymac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 18, 2006, 10:52 PM

you can try macally, i think they might have what you are looking for. Also you can check out fabrixcases.com they have add on options for their sleeves. nice designs too.

ROB2246
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 20, 2006, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by jaydon34 View Post
what color do u have
Hi sorry I was away . I have a clear one..

webb3201
Senior User
Dec 24, 2006, 08:02 PM

Got the STM bag this week and love the thing. Highly recommended to all
Read my MacWebb column and other great Mac articles at Lowendmac.com

Owner of a MacBook Pro and various other Macs.

joel_v
Dec 25, 2006, 12:05 AM

I also got just got the STM small alley bag. I love it, it fits flush, and looks hot.

I recommend this to all macbook owners.

WiiWantCricket: Website | Teaser Trailer

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 25, 2006, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by joel_v View Post
I also got just got the STM small alley bag. I love it, it fits flush, and looks hot.

I recommend this to all macbook owners.
Seconded. It's classy and practical.
 Certified AppleCare Technician

utw-Mephisto
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 25, 2006, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Oversoul View Post
Just received my Booq Vyper XS2 today and I love it! It fits the MB like a glove, and the feel when zipped up is very snug and sturdy. This is definitely a plus because I really don't want to be carrying around any extra bulk anyway.
I just ordered the same. The only problem I have is that I actually need a some place for PSU as well .. but I guess this I can carry in another bag somehow ..

aptdesign
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 27, 2006, 05:56 AM

I'm looking seriously at getting the STM Alley bag when I purchase my new MacBook in the new year but I want to add a little more protection in the shape of a STM glove. My question to all those STM Alley owners is would, in your opinion, the MacBook FIT into the STM Alley if it was also inside a STM glove (or equivalent product)?

Many Thanks

apt

badgirliroc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 28, 2006, 11:24 AM

I have looked through this thread several times and I am so thankful it's here! I do have a question I can't seem to find an answer to- I'm wondering if the STM Loft Bag fits the new MacBook? I like the Alley Bag but it's so plain. I'd just really like to find something snazzier and that Loft Bag is really nice looking.

Thanks guys!

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 28, 2006, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by aptdesign View Post
I'm looking seriously at getting the STM Alley bag when I purchase my new MacBook in the new year but I want to add a little more protection in the shape of a STM glove. My question to all those STM Alley owners is would, in your opinion, the MacBook FIT into the STM Alley if it was also inside a STM glove (or equivalent product)?

Many Thanks

apt
It's a pretty tight fit, but most sleeves will fit.
 Certified AppleCare Technician

badgirliroc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 28, 2006, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by badgirliroc View Post
I have looked through this thread several times and I am so thankful it's here! I do have a question I can't seem to find an answer to- I'm wondering if the STM Loft Bag fits the new MacBook? I like the Alley Bag but it's so plain. I'd just really like to find something snazzier and that Loft Bag is really nice looking.

Thanks guys!
Could someone please tell me if that fits - the medium?

and if either or both of these fit??
baggallini product2 fabric specific master

LTB-1041 RETROSTRIPER

amru
Forum Regular
Jan 1, 2007, 10:40 PM

i need some info re: the MacBook sleeve, MacBook case, MacBook bag at BRENTHAVEN.

anyone who has this [or any other brenthaven bag in similar color] can you comment if it gets dirty easily? my bro has this in black and i thought it was awesome and decided to get one in the light blue for my mom.. but i might rethink if its something that will get dirty easily and is hard to clean

Pcubed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2007, 06:32 PM

After I bought my Macbook, I got a Sony Vaio neoprene sleeve because I've read from this forum that it's a good fit. Well, it does fit well but after a while (about a month), it left black stains on my laptop and I'm trying to find ways to remove it. Does anyone know anything that'll work? I've read the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser could do the trick. Here are some pictures, it's not very clear since I took it with a camera phone but I don't have access to my digital camera right now.

I've been looking all over for a better replacement and I've finally got the LArobe Sleeve by be.ez in San Jose. It has a nice solid feel to it especially when I have the laptop inside. The zippers are big and sturdy and there's a lining near the zipper to ensure that the laptop won't be scratched. There's that shock protection foam similar to the one in the Shinza where if you were to press onto it, it'd leave an imprint and will slowly reshape itself again. I've got the Sweet color which is a purply color. Here are some pictures: Let me know if you have any questions regarding this sleeve.

The plastic casing in came in

There was a sample of the fabric attached to the casing

Before the laptop is in

What it looks like opened

With the laptop partially in

All the way in

The zipper

Zipped with the laptop inside

notwist
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 3, 2007, 10:23 PM

I am looking for a vertical loading sleeve for my computer and was checking out the foofbags. I looked at their website but was hoping someone owning one of these can help me out. Are these sleeves vertical or horizontally loading? Do they have a flap? How is the protection and make? Thanks!!

JayMan8081
Jan 4, 2007, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pcubed View Post
After I bought my Macbook, I got a Sony Vaio neoprene sleeve because I've read from this forum that it's a good fit. Well, it does fit well but after a while (about a month), it left black stains on my laptop and I'm trying to find ways to remove it. Does anyone know anything that'll work? I've read the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser could do the trick. Here are some pictures, it's not very clear since I took it with a camera phone but I don't have access to my digital camera right now.
I would be interested in how you remove the black as well since I had the same sleeve and have the same issue with my MacBook. So far I have just tried rubbing alcohol.

amru
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2007, 03:34 PM

i dont know if this will help but maybe try washing machining the sleeve so the excess dye is removed? [perhaps in hot water]

to remove the current color from the MB, i have no clue sorry but hope the other tip helps

frankthetank966
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2007, 04:44 PM

has anybody ever used the Crumpler The King Single or the STM Small Evolution? I want a backpack bag and those are my top choices, any thoughts?
 16 GB 2nd Generation Black iPod Touch w/Contour Showcase
 White Core 2 Duo Macbook with: 2.0 GHz/1 GB Ram/80 GB Hard Drive

HowEver
Jan 6, 2007, 11:47 PM

Try toothpaste, and a soft cloth, like the kind you clean glasses with.

Originally Posted by JayMan8081 View Post
I would be interested in how you remove the black as well since I had the same sleeve and have the same issue with my MacBook. So far I have just tried rubbing alcohol.
I guess I'll never read a proper review of the case-mate sig-suit for the MacBook. It costs a lot but there's no way to know if anybody uses it and likes it, perhaps it's just that nobody uses it?

Z4cane
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 13, 2007, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by jersey View Post
I too just picked up the incase and really like it...

I was in the mall, and walked by the Apple store. Just for grins, I bought one of these. Fit and finish is perfect. I really like it. I little pricey, but not too bad.

ducatisteve
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2007, 10:59 AM

My roommate got me the Incase sleeve/case for Christmas, so here are pics!

The case itself is lightweight, attractive, and pretty discrete:

A look inside, and you see a couple small pockets (remote, nano, etc...) and a very soft velour lining (no scratches!!).

Next to the Macbook:

It's a nice snug fit once you put the computer inside:

Magsafe fits nicely in the front pocket....it doesn't bulge out the front very much at all....also notice the clasps for the shoulder straps. They have a very nice heavy, solid feel to them:

And they made the case so you can tuck the handles into front and back pockets, so when you take the shoulder strap off, you now have a nice sleeve to throw into a messenger/backpack:

After all is said and done, I highly recommend this case for the Macbook. It's very well made, offers good protection, has enough pockets for the essentials, has an excellent padded shoulder strap, and is small and lightweight enough to be carried around all day or made into a sleeve. Also comes in burnt orange, and black.
1.8Ghz Macbook. Week 23
1.66 Mini. 1GB RAM.

notwist
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2007, 09:21 PM

I have a STM Glove currently. Anyone know if it will fit inside the STM Small Alley or Loft?

cpatubo
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2007, 07:23 PM

Does anyone have or know anything about the Higher Ground Gear Shuttle Cases?

I've been eyeing one but haven't been able to find much about it. Seems to have a nice slim profile yet with space for holding the essentials.

MiniMac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 20, 2007, 07:51 PM

I would love to hear from anyone who has the Brenthaven Edge II. I was recently sent one and it seems really protective; HOWEVER, I am really concerned about the interior zipper. It would appear that it could come in contact with my MacBook Pro and possibly scratch it. Also, if I put anything in that pouch with any kind of bulk, it appears that it could press down on the top of my notebook when closed. I dunno...might be Ebaying it.

Anybody have this bag that would like to comment? I'd love to hear!

amru
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2007, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by MiniMac View Post
I would love to hear from anyone who has the Brenthaven Edge II. I was recently sent one and it seems really protective; HOWEVER, I am really concerned about the interior zipper. It would appear that it could come in contact with my MacBook Pro and possibly scratch it. Also, if I put anything in that pouch with any kind of bulk, it appears that it could press down on the top of my notebook when closed. I dunno...might be Ebaying it.

Anybody have this bag that would like to comment? I'd love to hear!
We have 2 'Edge I's in the house for the MBs and so far the interior zipper hasn't done any harm..[both w/ & w/out stuff in the interior pouch] but im not sure how it'll work out w/ the MBP since its metallic? great bag though

MiniMac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2007, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by amru View Post
We have 2 'Edge I's in the house for the MBs and so far the interior zipper hasn't done any harm..[both w/ & w/out stuff in the interior pouch] but im not sure how it'll work out w/ the MBP since its metallic? great bag though
Thanks for your input...I would guess that if it doesn't scratch the MacBook, then it probably wouldn't the MBP. Which MacBook do you have...the white or the black?

dennie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 22, 2007, 01:00 PM

hmm the picture is a bit too bright..

amru
Forum Regular
Jan 22, 2007, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by MiniMac View Post
Thanks for your input...I would guess that if it doesn't scratch the MacBook, then it probably wouldn't the MBP. Which MacBook do you have...the white or the black?
both black, none which are mine sadly [Mom & bros]

frankthetank966
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2007, 09:21 PM

anybody ever used the Crumpler The King Single or the STM Small Evolution?
 16 GB 2nd Generation Black iPod Touch w/Contour Showcase
 White Core 2 Duo Macbook with: 2.0 GHz/1 GB Ram/80 GB Hard Drive

lici79
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 23, 2007, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Pcubed View Post

I've been looking all over for a better replacement and I've finally got the LArobe Sleeve by be.ez in San Jose. It has a nice solid feel to it especially when I have the laptop inside. The zippers are big and sturdy and there's a lining near the zipper to ensure that the laptop won't be scratched. There's that shock protection foam similar to the one in the Shinza where if you were to press onto it, it'd leave an imprint and will slowly reshape itself again. I've got the Sweet color which is a purply color. Here are some pictures: Let me know if you have any questions regarding this sleeve.

The plastic casing in came in

There was a sample of the fabric attached to the casing

Before the laptop is in

What it looks like opened

With the laptop partially in

All the way in

The zipper

Zipped with the laptop inside
How is the bag now that you've had it for a couple of weeks? any complaints? or are you still in love?

cpatubo
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2007, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by HowEver View Post

Thanks!
I got my Speck 13" SeeThru case the other day for my MacBook. It installed beautifully and fits very well.

No heat issues thus far, it seems very well ventilated. I'm really diggin' it.

They had a blue SeeThru case at Macworld as an exclusive, but I liked the red better!

ilovemymac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2007, 01:03 PM

sorry to hear about the staining man, lucky my Fabrix Delux case is serving me well !

ilovemymac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2007, 01:02 AM

Just took some pictures of my new fabrix delux Bold Stripes case. Loved the bold colored, thick and striking stripes. The fitting very good as well. Makes my Macbook Pro feel loved !

328iGuy
Mar 9, 2007, 02:57 PM

I just recieved my Crumpler "Considerable Embarrasment" today and will definitely say, the craftmanship and quality is outstanding. This truly is an amazing bag. Highly recommend any Crumpler products to anyone. This is my first and definitely won't be my last.

funkyjudge
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2007, 10:12 AM

Here are some photos of my STMbags Small Sphere backpack i bought for my refurbished Macbook. I've always liked the look of STM's range of backpacks and luckily my local Apple reseller got some in stock so i could see one in the flesh. It has three main compartments and plenty of front and side pockets.

Middle section with a removable 'hard bottom' that is supposed to be where you keep the Macbook. I found it was a bit to tight on the top corners when zipped up. Would be even tighter if the Macbook was in a padded sleeve. On a recent trip i found it better to keep the Macbook in the rear section along with the magazines and papers. Even with a sleeve there would be plenty of room.

Rear section.

Front section with plenty of pockets.
Refurbished MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo - Black
1GB memory, 80GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive

feedmechocolate
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2007, 06:49 PM

has anybody tried making their on macbook sleeve?

just wondering what sort of material (such as velvet, fleece, high density foam) did you use to line the sleeve... not exactly looking for shock protection, just minor bumps and scratches.

thanks in advance!

oijw27
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2007, 02:13 AM

Barry's Farm

Barry's Farm

omg are they cute or are they cute

Forum Links
Forum Rules