Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Shadow Removal from photo, Do I need Photoshop?

Shadow Removal from photo, Do I need Photoshop?
Daracle
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 2, 2008, 03:07 PM

Heya Guys

I have a photo that I really like but had a bit too much flash and there is a shadow on the wall behind my subject and I was really hoping to be able to get rid of it.
I have Pixelmator but I am new to this photo editing stuff and was wondering if anyone out there used Pixelmator (It was part of the last years SpyMac) or do I need to somehow get my hands in photoshop?
Not really wanting to post the picture here, it looks simple enough since it is a black shadow on a white wall.

Any help would be awesome, Thanks as always guys.
Who reads this???

zro
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2008, 03:34 PM

Pixelmator can help. Make sure you update to the latest version, though. The clone tool (rubber stamp) might be enough to get rid of it. The caps lock key toggles brush size cursor and icon cursor. The magic wand is a little funky. Dragging it increases its tolerance as opposed to an actual setting.

Good luck! And remember with iPhoto you can always go back to the original (just don't edit it from the Finder ).

Forum Links
Forum Rules