Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Men, online etiqette, and age discrimination

Men, online etiqette, and age discrimination
kentuckyfried
Senior User
Oct 21, 2003, 08:58 PM

This was kind of funny, I read this in Livejournal, but at the same time...why is it that guys over 30 are often regarded as being creeps and child molestors? Even if this fool was hitting on the author, why should it matter? She's 21. Guys will forever be attracted to younger women, legal or not, just b/c....well, they're attractive at that age (not to say that older women aren't attractive, but the numbers start to drop).

I will be over 30 soon. It pains me to constantly see this stereotype. It's like saying that ALL people over 30 are wine-drinking, opera and lite jazz-listening mofos.

-----------------------------------------------------------
what a ****in idiot. this 32 year old MAN has been messaging me on myspace and heres todays message.

Are you serious? simple plan? dress well? come on.....no way. Ive worked on some of their projects and this one time I will say I'm 12000 times cooler in an old man suit than they will ever be in their overly calculated and smartly situated style of tshirt and van sneaker coolness....please kill me now if this is what COOL is! Kill me slow painfull death! Please.

Cool? Check out Cabaret Voltaire. Sheffeild England 1978. That's cool!

So how are you? Hope well. wanna meet up sometime?

Mario

==========================

LOL! first this bastard insults me and my taste, then tries to sound like he knows all about fashion and then asks me to meet up. yeah right...u dont deserve my time u child molester.

first of all....i like guys who wear t-shirts and vans. sorry they cant be as pretentious as you. i like people who dont give a **** what they wear...i dont need a man who wears designer labels. plus....i like the dirty plain skater look....which consists of ur basic tshirt and vans!

second dont give me some bull **** fashion date you pulled outta ur ass. u swear i dont know anything about fashion...me being a fashion major and all.

i have pms today. thanks, bye.
Now I know, and knowing is half the battle!

talisker
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2003, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by kentuckyfried:
This was kind of funny, I read this in Livejournal, but at the same time...why is it that guys over 30 are often regarded as being creeps and child molestors? Even if this fool was hitting on the author, why should it matter? She's 21. Guys will forever be attracted to younger women, legal or not, just b/c....well, they're attractive at that age (not to say that older women aren't attractive, but the numbers start to drop).

I will be over 30 soon. It pains me to constantly see this stereotype. It's like saying that ALL people over 30 are wine-drinking, opera and lite jazz-listening mofos.

-----------------------------------------------------------
what a ****in idiot. this 32 year old MAN has been messaging me on myspace and heres todays message.

Are you serious? simple plan? dress well? come on.....no way. Ive worked on some of their projects and this one time I will say I'm 12000 times cooler in an old man suit than they will ever be in their overly calculated and smartly situated style of tshirt and van sneaker coolness....please kill me now if this is what COOL is! Kill me slow painfull death! Please.

Cool? Check out Cabaret Voltaire. Sheffeild England 1978. That's cool!

So how are you? Hope well. wanna meet up sometime?

Mario

==========================

LOL! first this bastard insults me and my taste, then tries to sound like he knows all about fashion and then asks me to meet up. yeah right...u dont deserve my time u child molester.

first of all....i like guys who wear t-shirts and vans. sorry they cant be as pretentious as you. i like people who dont give a **** what they wear...i dont need a man who wears designer labels. plus....i like the dirty plain skater look....which consists of ur basic tshirt and vans!

second dont give me some bull **** fashion date you pulled outta ur ass. u swear i dont know anything about fashion...me being a fashion major and all.

i have pms today. thanks, bye.
Well obviously if she views him as a child molestor she must view herself as a child.

kentuckyfried  (op)
Senior User
Oct 21, 2003, 10:24 PM

^ hahaha...I noted the irony there too.

Doc Juansinn
Senior User
Oct 22, 2003, 03:17 AM

Well I guess I wont feel bad anymore when a good looking young woman calls me "sir".
"Why did this thread cross the line? Because its **** got stuck in a chicken." - Demonhood

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Oct 22, 2003, 03:36 AM

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Oct 22, 2003, 06:04 AM

The last line explains it all.

simonjames
Mac Elite
Oct 22, 2003, 06:33 AM

apologies to sound sexist and misogynist at the same time but when I hear or read crap like that and then have the woman attempt to justify the verbal abuse on pms makes me all the more happy to be gay.

It sounds more like she has a problem with being over 30
this sig intentionally left blank

:XI:
Mac Elite
Oct 22, 2003, 07:02 AM

Anyone else think that men suffer more from PMS than women?

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 22, 2003, 11:29 AM

I've dated younger women and older women.

I've never gotten these lables though.

Maybe because I wear t-shirts

:XI:
Mac Elite
Oct 22, 2003, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
I've dated younger women and older women.

I've never gotten these lables though.

Maybe because I wear t-shirts
I know what your t-shirts have printed on them.

SPEL CHEKKUR

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 22, 2003, 12:25 PM

rampant
Banned
Location: permanent resident of the Land of the Easily Aroused
Oct 22, 2003, 12:26 PM

When my sister was 18-19 she was dating a 32 year old. But she's always gone for older guys. (Because she's terrible at relationships)

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 22, 2003, 12:27 PM

Older men have a huge advantage over the younger men when it comes to meeting women. Been there, done that, I learned the knowledge the younger dudes are still seeking.

That being said, have you seen the statistics on unmarried women over 30? Their chances of ever getting married are about 1 in 4. Why is that? Because unmarried men over 30 are dating 20-something year old women.

Women love older men. I thank my lucky stars for that fact everyday.

I'm not saying I won't be interested if a woman is over 30 - but I haven't been yet. 25 is such a perfect age for a girl. I'd like to be 25 again myself...since its so awkward meeting your girlfriends parents when they're younger than you.

On second thought, I really need to find me a nice young woman to marry before I'm 40. I've got 3 years, give or take.

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Oct 22, 2003, 12:46 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Sep 6, 2004 at 11:31 AM. )

kentuckyfried  (op)
Senior User
Oct 22, 2003, 01:13 PM

She's 21, he's 32.

Originally posted by simonjames:
apologies to sound sexist and misogynist at the same time but when I hear or read crap like that and then have the woman attempt to justify the verbal abuse on pms makes me all the more happy to be gay.

It sounds more like she has a problem with being over 30

Forum Links
Forum Rules