Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod Tattoo from HP

iPod Tattoo from HP
Indohottie
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 24, 2005, 03:57 AM

Hey

Has anyone had any experience with these? Do they fit iPod photos.. what is the durability on them.. can any printer be used to create them..

Just looking at them and they seem cool, but wanted to check it out..

stephanielamb
Sep 9, 2005, 08:38 PM

*resurrects thread*

I just bought some of these from the local Walmart, I was too curious and they're only like $13 for 10.
So far, I like.
They're sort of.... removable-adhesive window cling feeling things.
Took a bit for me to figure out to print (I bet it'd be easier if I had an HP printer)
Luckily, they include a test template, and it's also pretty easy to just hold a test paper up to the actual sheet. I just used one of the templates they had on their website, though you can really use just about any image, with a little manipuliation and experimentation.

Super easy to apply, seemingly waterproof (to the point the ink doesn't just rub off, but by no means do I mean put your ipod under water!!)
The tattoo seems to stick well, tooo. It's not like peeling off.

Cons: The template covers up part of the engraving on the back!!!
Though really, it has to wrap around somewhere, so I can't complain much.
So for just over a buck a pop, these are rather nice. I wonder if they're reusable.

Forum Links
Forum Rules