Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Divx on Macbook Pro

Divx on Macbook Pro
Big-J-Dubb
Aug 27, 2009, 04:13 AM

Does anyone here have the divx web player installed on the macbook pro running OS X 10.5 ?
If so does your machine take a performance it ? , and or does it save the movie in a directory like in the windows version ? thanks

Big-J-Dubb  (op)
Aug 31, 2009, 03:59 AM

so really no one here use's divx web player on their mac at somehow i find that impossible to believe no one use's it and or know that if it has a option to save cache's of files that were streamed to their machine. i know i could do that with windows version i could save the cached streams to folder on the hard drive. also does this free divx web player run well on the mac ? i just wanted to hear from mac users what they think of it . thanks

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 31, 2009, 04:05 AM

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Aug 31, 2009, 06:42 AM

I have

Flip4Mac free Windows Media codecs
and
Perian - The swiss-army knife of QuickTime components
and
VideoLAN, Free streaming and multimedia solutions for all OS!
and
www.real.com

installed, and have not needed anything else in a very, very long time.

I don't think many people have the DivX web player installed on their Mac.

Big-J-Dubb  (op)
Sep 2, 2009, 02:41 AM

so i guess no one uses the web divix player for the mac i used on windows and it was awesome and handy as hell to save divx streams and watch the movies later. I have Qt Pro and Perian and VLC but sometimes i goto sites open a divx steam and let fully load then try to save after then i save then playback and boom as always audio isn't synced but if i just sit and watch no problem so i was thinking if i had the divx web player i could let it load then just save the file form where it cache's the file and watch the movie when i have time like i used to when i had a shitty dell before i got my new MBP. So anyone if you have the divx web player for mac and or have experience with it then sound off please this will save my life. Holla back .

64stang06
Mac Elite
Sep 2, 2009, 11:20 AM

I have DivX 7 installed and don't notice any performance hits.
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

Big-J-Dubb  (op)
Sep 3, 2009, 11:03 PM

sweet thanks

Cold Warrior
Sep 3, 2009, 11:24 PM

You can use Safari's Activity window to see these files loading. Double-click its entry and it'll launch a window where it may download it, or you can use a download app to paste in the url. I do this with larger Flash videos from news sites that I prefer to watch without streaming hiccups.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Sep 4, 2009, 07:38 AM

Option-Double-clicking in the Activity window will download objects directly without opening them into a new window.

Forum Links
Forum Rules