Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook G3: power questions

iBook G3: power questions
sluggo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2006, 09:38 PM

Hello,

I inherited a dead iBook G3 (600 MHZ, 16 VRAM) after it was zapped by a surge and a friend's insurance company replaced it. Although it initially appeared to be dead - no lights on power adapter, adapter refused to charge battery, and no boot - I tried sticking a newer, charged battery in it and it booted right up. I replaced the DC-in board, but still can't get it to run from any external AC adapter.

A few questions:

1. I'm assuming that this issue is probably logic board related, right?
2. Since it's been determined that it can run off a charged battery, can anyone think of a way I could route the the wires from the AC -> DC adapter through the battery connectors (The project I have in mind with this thing wouldn't require battery power)? If anybody knows the pinouts for the iBook's battery connectors are, I would appreciate it. If this sounds like a really dumb idea, please let me know.

Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules