Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook Newbie - Help with Screensaver

Macbook Newbie - Help with Screensaver
bad1550
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2006, 09:33 PM

1. Just picked up a Macbook for my daughter. We set screen saver for 3 minutes but the screen goes black rather than displaying selected screen. Please help!

2. How do we expand the screen to display "Fullscreen" rather than half a screen?

Thanks

Bob

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Dec 14, 2006, 11:15 PM

1. Go to the Energy Saver pane in the System Preferences, and move the slider for the display so that it goes dark after the screen saver kicks in.

2. Do you mean the screensaver displays halfscreen? Can you click on the Options button and change the screensaver settings?

bad1550  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2006, 11:30 PM

#2 I meant the screen (not the screensaver) only shows half of the 13 inch Macbook rather than Fullscreen

Thanks,

Bob

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Dec 15, 2006, 12:14 AM

Maybe the desktop background? If so, try changing the sizing options, or pick another background. Otherwise, you have a serious problem if your half your display doesn't work. There's no halfscreen mode. Can you post a picture by any chance? Hope that helps.
Cheers

bad1550  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2006, 08:22 PM

SLPdload,

Can you please tell me how to change the desktop background? Also How can I take a picture of the desktop to post it?

Thanks,

Bob

blueleaf
Dec 15, 2006, 09:21 PM

Apple-Shift-3 to take a screenshot of your screen

System Preferences>Desktop and Screensaver to change desktop

bad1550  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2006, 11:43 PM

Thanks Blueleaf

I will give it a try!

Bob

bad1550  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2006, 09:23 AM

I hit Apple Shift 3 to take screenshot but where and how do I paste it to attach to this posting? Sorry but the I come from PC environment.

Thanks

Bob

blueleaf
Dec 16, 2006, 10:24 AM

Well, when you take the screenshot, the picture you just took should be on your desktop. (Picture 1, or something along those lines.) I'm not an expert at uploading images to this site, I can have a tough time with it myself, but the easiest way is to upload it to photobucket or imageshack. (I use photobucket) I don't know if you have an account there but if you don't, just make one and then when your uploading pictures, just choose "desktop" from the upload window and the image should be there. Then just link us to that image following the directions on the site.

bad1550  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2006, 11:15 PM

Please see attached link for my Photobucket picture I created to show the screen image is not "Fullscreen" but on covers half of the screen. I need to know how to view the internet on Fullscreen.

Thanks,

Bob

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...0/Picture1.png

blueleaf
Dec 17, 2006, 01:48 AM

ohhhh...you mean the WINDOW is half screen...

just drag the window all the way to the left by clicking and holding the top of the window and dragging, and then on the bottom right corner of the window, you will see some lines in the corner, click this and drag it to fill the screen.

bad1550  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 17, 2006, 08:53 AM

Thanks so much for all of your help. It works great!

Bob

rlinhares
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 18, 2006, 12:16 AM

oh man we like our macs so bad that we forget how painful can be to make the switch. After all OSX is not perfect. Why the hell there´s no go-full screen-the hell with the size of the window-I want my full screen! button?

PS: the screen on our friends MB was only "half" because the green button on the upper left side resizes the window to it´s own window size (in that case, yahoo.com), therefore saving us from unnecessary use of our screen space. But we deserve to go full screen without all that work. (yes, when you do it more than 5 times a day it becomes boring)
2-iphone.com

larrinski
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2006, 12:27 AM

Once you resize the window to the Full screen or whatever size you want, close the window completely. The next time you open your browser up, it should be the size you want...Welcome to the Mac community!
My Blog-pakos.me

Forum Links
Forum Rules