Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Gah!!! We lost the ability to "select" and "copy" in Address Book!!!

Gah!!! We lost the ability to "select" and "copy" in Address Book!!!
The Wolf
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 31, 2009, 02:32 PM

Please say it aint so!!! Can someone confirm that this is no longer working in Snow Leopard.

Open address book and try to select someone's address or phone number to copy and then paste it into another app. I can't select anything! Am I going nuts, or was this something I could do before the update?

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2009, 02:35 PM

Works fine here.
Vandelay Industries

The Wolf  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 31, 2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
Works fine here.
Very strange. Maybe my trackpad is acting up? Still, I don't think so. I swore I used to be able to select and drag over someone's name, phone number, and address all in one swoop before. Now, I have to do 3 separate select and copys for each field.

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2009, 04:08 PM

That's different than what you said in your first post.

I don't recall ever being able to select name, phone, and address in one selection. Each one needs to be selected separately.
Vandelay Industries

webraider
Forum Regular
Aug 31, 2009, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
That's different than what you said in your first post.

I don't recall ever being able to select name, phone, and address in one selection. Each one needs to be selected separately.
I do.. I remember being able to select if much like you can in a PDF file in the Preview App. you selected only each Field in the Edit Mode, but in display mode you could select as much as you wanted. Maybe this will be fixed in an upgrade. I'm still trying to get used to not seeing my hard drives on the desktop. I know they aren't deemed as needed anymore by Apple, which is why I've left them off. That said, it used to be a touting feature of the Mac OS not to have to look for your hard drives. If you do have more than one internal which I do, Its still quicker access to have them all there but in my case, I only use the other ones for either time machine, or storage by a specific App.

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2009, 05:58 PM

I just checked in Leopard and you can select everything at once but you also are selecting the field titles too.
Vandelay Industries

Forum Links
Forum Rules