Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > This you will NOT believe...

This you will NOT believe...
acadian
Senior User
Sep 23, 2003, 02:08 AM

Look familiar?

LINK

Everything is a carbon copy right down to the spec benchmarks!!! (where the hell did they get those numbers anyways? by those figures their notebook creams the dual 2 G5)
people ruin everything....

JustinD
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 23, 2003, 02:13 AM

yeah, saw it earlier... it may be a carbon copy, but so far is the nicest looking widescreen 17" PC!

Also, their panoramic monitors are sweeet. would need to see one in person first though to make sure the quality is up. =)
*justin

Isn't logic swell? It gives answers without really answering anything!

Sandbaggins
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2003, 02:13 AM

There it is...I'm canceling my 15" PB order
15" 1.25/512/80/5400/SD/AE Aluminum Powerbook

acadian  (op)
Senior User
Sep 23, 2003, 02:14 AM

I mean...holy S#$%? "Cinerama Display", "Partners in education"!!!!...even the goddamn site buttons are the same...

acadian  (op)
Senior User
Sep 23, 2003, 02:28 AM

Ummmm...yeah...those specs are pretty f$%@&!* impressive.

Link
Professional Poster
Sep 23, 2003, 02:38 AM

Yeah I was cracking up about the cinerama display
Aloha

SwitchnSOON
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 23, 2003, 02:44 AM

It looks pretty & stuff-But it still is running Windows-not a plus. I use it all day at work, I do not want to use it at home!

workerbee
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2003, 02:49 AM

Originally posted by acadian:
Ummmm...yeah...those specs are pretty f$%@&!* impressive.
I'm sure lugging around 7.9 lbs, which is measured without batteries or "bay options" ( I guess that reads as: without DVD drive), will feel very impressive indeed after a short while

c't tested 17" laptops recently; one of the fastest one (Acer Aspire 1700) had impressive speeds thanks to its 3GHz P-4. It also overheated after a few minutes and had to step down CPU speed, a battery that lasts all of 1 hour, and a very impressive weight of 6.8 kg (plus 1.01 kg if you want to carry the power adapter)
MBP 15" 2.33GHz C2D 3GB 2*23" ACD

meem
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2003, 02:50 AM

geez that display is sweet

Peabo
Senior User
Sep 23, 2003, 03:19 AM

Meh... 1.7" 'thin'
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2003, 04:51 AM

I think Apple should act the same way everyone and their mother is acting nowadays...

SUE!!!

lates...

bashi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 23, 2003, 04:58 AM

Haven't you noticed that that site is total crap?

It's a fake. Or DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE that a 17" PC Laptop can have ccd-camera and subwoofer internally installed?

Phleeeez.
-I would rather switch.

nagromme
Senior User
Sep 23, 2003, 04:59 AM

I've seen a lot of speculation that that site is a hoax--too many errors in the specs, etc.

And the prices are insane. Makes you wonder.
nagromme

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2003, 05:04 AM

Everything on that site sounds and looks fake. This is not real people... move along....

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 23, 2003, 05:15 AM

It's a hoax, or maybe even a parody.

spalding12
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 23, 2003, 05:47 AM

of course that site was a hoax. you guys are staying up way too late with too much caffeine input.... get some rest, my friends... everything will be ok in the morning... i promise you

please don't let those MEAN people with that other fake computer bother you while you rest... we'll go beat them up in the morning

love,
mommy

GENERAL_SMILEY
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2003, 06:11 AM

They were linked from the front page of MacNN yesterday, which is how I found them - looked legit to me at the time.

Amazing multiple displays, but what really intrigued me was the 17 inch Hollywood.

Anyway the specs on the top range are amazing:

Extreme Edition
2MB L3 Cache
Intel� P4 3.2GHz
Hyper-Threading

System Bus 800MHz

etc...

What I like especially, and I want you to all think about this, is the cooling technology alone needed to keep this beast pre-meltdown needs the following:

"CacheFlow� Technology requires a minimum 1GB available RAM and a HyperThreading Processor."

Fsck cooling zones, this thing needs something faster than the average powerbook just to stop itself from taking out half a city block in a fiery inferno.

Anyway looks less real every minute, love this icon though:

Then this:

RAD.E8?
( Last edited by GENERAL_SMILEY; Sep 23, 2003 at 06:27 AM. )
I have Mac

spalding12
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 23, 2003, 06:33 AM

of course, you and i could call that company directly and have them GIVE us a computer for free so that we could test it out and report back to the forum here... thus authenticating their efforts !!!

greg

Alpha-sphere
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2003, 06:35 AM

"Technology that rocks" and battery life that sucks... (big time)

What is up fith the huge Start button on every screen? It's out of proportion.

This is not a laptop. It's a moveable Desktop replacement.
I would like to see you squeeze more then 1 hour out of it's battery.